Collapse

AimPoint Green Reading Instructors

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AimPoint Green Reading Instructors

In my journey of improving my golf game especially putting I've been trying to figure out a way for me to best read the greens and give myself a chance to make a putt or a very easy second putt. In searching for green reading tips I came across AimPoint and after watching videos on it I kinda realized I partially use the AimPoint system mainly getting the feel of slope/break through my feet I just don't have the speed reading and other aspects needed to perfect AimPoint. Seeing as I'm more a feel guy vs a visual reading since my eyes are awful I think using this method to read putts will improve my game for sure.

Looking at the AimPoint Golf site there are 2 instructors in the GTA one up in King City and the other in Ajax. The gentleman up in King City Liam is a level 3 instructor for AimPoint and part of The Golf Lab team up there. They don't give much info on rates for a course just "team member" fees and what not. The other instructor is Cameron from Salem Ridge Golf Academy who is a level 1 instructor with AimPoint and other their site has 2 different lesson types both with a rate of $250 for a 2.5hr lesson, everything is laid out and well simple.

So I'm wondering if anyone has done AimPoint classes? How has it worked for you? Have you used either of these instructors and experiences?
    Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
    3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
    3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
    Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
    Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
    Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
    TP5X 2024
    Ghost Katana

Yes, Aimpoint is a great program. It will make you a better putter. Well worth the investment in time and money. Liam is one of their top instructors worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by ctv1 View Post
      Yes, Aimpoint is a great program. It will make you a better putter. Well worth the investment in time and money. Liam is one of their top instructors worldwide.
      Do you happen to know his rates by chance?
      TP5X 2024
      Ghost Katana

Comment

I did the AimPoint with Liam a few years back when he was running The Golf Lab just south of Vaughn Mills. Seems to me it was about $100 for an hour group session with about six other students but I was a member of GL at the time so it may have been a preferred rate. Liam is a very good instructor and AimPoint is easy to understand although I think it would take a fair bit of time to master. You can infer, correctly, from that statement that I don't actually use the method largely because weight is more of a problem for me than line - at least most of the time. AimPoint doesn't do anything to help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Smittyman View Post
          I did the AimPoint with Liam a few years back when he was running The Golf Lab just south of Vaughn Mills. Seems to me it was about $100 for an hour group session with about six other students but I was a member of GL at the time so it may have been a preferred rate. Liam is a very good instructor and AimPoint is easy to understand although I think it would take a fair bit of time to master. You can infer, correctly, from that statement that I don't actually use the method largely because weight is more of a problem for me than line - at least most of the time. AimPoint doesn't do anything to help with that.
          Thanks for the response, I'll contact them in the future to see rates, I don't mind a group lesson if it means a lower rate.

I get needing to implement it to get better at it, I just need to know how to properly read to get that done. I feel like it can help a lot for me especially if I have the line I can just worry about speed, one less factor to worry about makes it that much easier.
          TP5X 2024
          Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
            Seeing as I'm more a feel guy vs a visual reading since my eyes are awful I think using this method to read putts will improve my game for sure.
            If you want to spend $250 to satisfy your curiosity, you should. That said, as a self-described "feel guy", this type of methodology may be contrary to your natural approach to the game.

Have you also thought about getting prescription glasses and practicing more?

Believe me, there are no 'quick fixes' when it comes to putting, and especially to reading greens.

In any case, good luck and I hope your putting improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

If you want to spend $250 to satisfy your curiosity, you should. That said, as a self-described "feel guy", this type of methodology may be contrary to your natural approach to the game.

Have you also thought about getting prescription glasses and practicing more?

Believe me, there are no 'quick fixes' when it comes to putting, and especially to reading greens.

In any case, good luck and I hope your putting improves.
              I do play with prescription glasses already since I've noticed my vision has gotten worse. But I am so right eye dominant I cannot trust my vision on the greens that's why I prefer a feel approach.

As for practice I should I do practice in my basement putting but obviously on the course or practice greens would be better. I get out when I can to go and do that.
              TP5X 2024
              Ghost Katana

Comment

I do play with prescription glasses already since I've noticed my vision has gotten worse. But I am so right eye dominant I cannot trust my vision on the greens that's why I prefer a feel approach.

As for practice I should I do practice in my basement putting but obviously on the course or practice greens would be better. I get out when I can to go and do that.
                I am also very right eye dominant ,
                there are a number of fixes to help with eye dominance.

One that helps me is to place my dominant eye directly above the ball which makes seeing the correct line easier.

Another thing that has helped , maybe not with eye dominance but with my putting is to practice both right handed and left handed.

I know people who use aim point effectively ....
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I am also very right eye dominant ,
                  there are a number of fixes to help with eye dominance.

One that helps me is to place my dominant eye directly above the ball which makes seeing the correct line easier.

Another thing that has helped , maybe not with eye dominance but with my putting is to practice both right handed and left handed.

I know people who use aim point effectively ....
                  I do that already if you watch me putt or just swing a club the ball is always forward in my stance due to my eye dominance.

I'll look into putting right handed as well, I do putt right handed a bit in stores to get a feel for clubs that are not LH and I putt alright.

Obviously I'm not saying AimPoint will make me a pro golfer but it could make me a better golfer for what I am, I'd rather pay the money on a lesson vs buying another putter to "fix my game".
                  TP5X 2024
                  Ghost Katana

Comment

I do that already if you watch me putt or just swing a club the ball is always forward in my stance due to my eye dominance.

I'll look into putting right handed as well, I do putt right handed a bit in stores to get a feel for clubs that are not LH and I putt alright.

Obviously I'm not saying AimPoint will make me a pro golfer but it could make me a better golfer for what I am, I'd rather pay the money on a lesson vs buying another putter to "fix my game".
                    I don't and don't recommend moving the ball forward in your putting stance , which for me leads to pulled putts, but rather keep it in the centre or very slightly forward of centre.....as above I like my right eye directly over the ball and there is no way I could do this naturally and with good body alignment with the ball forward in my stance...that would lead to even more issues but I am same side dominant ...its less an issue for non same side

this article suggests the ball just ahead of where the right eye falls
                    https://golfstateofmind.com/which-is...-and-accuracy/

Comment

I also took the course Liam offered a few years ago. I think it was $100.

I only sometimes incorporate Aimpoint into my putting routine but I believe it has helped me become a better putter.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I don't and don't recommend moving the ball forward in your putting stance , which for me leads to pulled putts, but rather keep it in the centre or very slightly forward of centre.....as above I like my right eye directly over the ball and there is no way I could do this naturally and with good body alignment with the ball forward in my stance...that would lead to even more issues but I am same side dominant ...its less an issue for non same side

this article suggests the ball just ahead of where the right eye falls
                        https://golfstateofmind.com/which-is...-and-accuracy/
                        Well I am a lefty that is right eye dominant so when I'm saying forward in my stance it's not crazy forward, just forward of center really, only certain clubs at certain times will the ball be really forward in my stance but for the most part forward in my stance means just forward of center where my right eye is over the ball.
                        TP5X 2024
                        Ghost Katana

Comment

Well I am a lefty that is right eye dominant so when I'm saying forward in my stance it's not crazy forward, just forward of center really, only certain clubs at certain times will the ball be really forward in my stance but for the most part forward in my stance means just forward of center where my right eye is over the ball.
                          Yes, i picked that up and why I mentioned that it is different for same side vs non same side dominance.

Comment

Aim point offers a digital copy of a full instructional series of how to implement the aim point technology in your game. You can then practice that on your own. It’s obviously not as in depth as learning it from a qualified instructor but I found has done the trick for me as I was already a fairly decent putter. Closing the gap on the hard to read difficult putts. I usually averaged 32/36 putts in a round I now average 30/33 seem to always be flirting with breaking 30 more often then not. I believe the price was in the 60 dollar Canadian range.

Comment

Originally posted by Keving33 View Post
                              Aim point offers a digital copy of a full instructional series of how to implement the aim point technology in your game. You can then practice that on your own. It’s obviously not as in depth as learning it from a qualified instructor but I found has done the trick for me as I was already a fairly decent putter. Closing the gap on the hard to read difficult putts. I usually averaged 32/36 putts in a round I now average 30/33 seem to always be flirting with breaking 30 more often then not. I believe the price was in the 60 dollar Canadian range.
                              I didn't know that was an option but I'll keep that in mind if I dont have time to see an instructor. Obviously I'd prefer an actual in person lesson to get a feel for where I need to start with this.
                              TP5X 2024
                              Ghost Katana

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse