/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Staying on the TRAILING SIDE ???

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying on the TRAILING SIDE ???

Hey ALL

In my preparation for the new Season, I am working on my swing here in our little apartment, with a 2' long club, and trying to avoid the light fixtures in the process LOL.

Any ways, among few thing I'm "experimenting" here is the following swing move. It feels very unorthodox and while it "feels" OK here, no idea if it would work in "real life" ?

Instead of "regular" transferring weight from the trailing side to the leading side during downswing, I was trying to STAY ON THE TRAILING SIDE THROUGHOUT THE DOWNSWING. I am imagining that the ball position would be much more towards the trailing foot then in the "normal" swing. IIANM, there is an Australian Old Guy who is promoting something like this in his YT vids.

Anyone tried this, thoughts, comments ?

Cheers !!!

Originally posted by veryold View Post
    Hey ALL

In my preparation for the new Season, I am working on my swing here in our little apartment, with a 2' long club, and trying to avoid the light fixtures in the process LOL.

Any ways, among few thing I'm "experimenting" here is the following swing move. It feels very unorthodox and while it "feels" OK here, no idea if it would work in "real life" ?

Instead of "regular" transferring weight from the trailing side to the leading side during downswing, I was trying to STAY ON THE TRAILING SIDE THROUGHOUT THE DOWNSWING. I am imagining that the ball position would be much more towards the trailing foot then in the "normal" swing. IIANM, there is an Australian Old Guy who is promoting something like this in his YT vids.

Anyone tried this, thoughts, comments ?

Cheers !!!
    You mean "channel lock" Oz guy.....been on forever

Comment

I'm trying the opposite and go back to some Stack and Tilt stuff. Ensure I finish on the front side.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
        I'm trying the opposite and go back to some Stack and Tilt stuff. Ensure I finish on the front side.
        Yes, Stack'n Tilt is also an interesting and good option to consider, agreed. You can also experiment with your Stack'n Tilt, BY STAYING ON THE LEADING SIDE, BOTH ON BACKSWING AND DOWNSWING.

Comment

The Oz guy on youtube 1atomic golf...promoting "this channel lock" you describe had an American buddy in Tennessee who for 3 years or so had Channel lock tournaments and CL certificates for students who went to visit him.....now I just found out he has packed CL in...it doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by par345 View Post

The Oz guy on youtube 1atomic golf...promoting "this channel lock" you describe had an American buddy in Tennessee who for 3 years or so had Channel lock tournaments and CL certificates for students who went to visit him.....now I just found out he has packed CL in...it doesn't work
            Yes, that's him. Haven't watched his vids in quite a while. Interesting to hear you mentioning that he's abandoning his Channel Lock. Thanks.

OK, just checked his site and I don't see anything about him abandoning his Channel Lock, but again, maybe I am missing something here, as usual, LOL.

Thanks and cheers !
            Last edited by veryold; Feb 27, 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's him. Haven't watched his vids in quite a while. Interesting to hear you mentioning that he's abandoning his Channel Lock. Thanks.
              yes the Tennessee guy has abandoned it...the OZ guy is still pushing it

Comment

yes the Tennessee guy has abandoned it...the OZ guy is still pushing it
                Didn't know about the the other guy, will check him out.
                Cheers !

You got a link or something where "he" is ditching Channel Lock ?
                Last edited by veryold; Feb 27, 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Didn't know about the the other guy, will check him out.
                  Cheers !

You got a link or something where "he" is ditching Channel Lock ?
                  Here the OZ guy talks about the Tennessee guy-Bill Phillips leaving CL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkg0wk7cvQc&t=282s

Here another guy talks about it

​​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6-...82820498346228

Comment

1atomic is a swing-tinker addict. He has gone through, and proposed,so many swing changes that it's impossible to keep up with their nuance.
                    Funny thing is he always ends with the same swinging motion with each change.
                    In fairness, for a guy in his mid-70 , he can still belt it and is fun to watch.

He is friends with Martin Ayers, who is another swing innovator from down-under, who has a unique wrist load at the top.

Steve Elkington's YT channel, is a good intro featuring some of the swing ideas of others.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...teve+elkington
                    Last edited by bl8d; Feb 27, 2020, 12:49 PM.
                    things change

Comment

Here the OZ guy talks about the Tennessee guy-Bill Phillips leaving CL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkg0wk7cvQc&t=282s

Here another guy talks about it

​​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6-...82820498346228
                      Interesting ! Much appreciated and thanked

Comment

Hey, have been patiently waiting for your, ALWAYS APPRECIATED comment(s)

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
                        1atomic is a swing-tinker addict. He has gone through, and proposed,so many swing changes that it's impossible to keep up with their nuance
                        Funny thing is he always ends with the same swinging motion with each change. LOL, I definitely noticed that also In fairness, for a guy in his mid-70 , he can still belt it and is fun to watch.

He is friends with Martin Ayers, who is another swing innovator from down-under, who has a unique wrist load at the top. YES, I am very familiar with his "the most powerful move in golf" position at the top, and I experimented with it to no ends over the last couple of Seasons, but did not find it anything better or more "powerful" than anything else, LOL.

Steve Elkington's YT channel, is a good intro featuring some of the swing ideas of others.
                        I like "Secret golf" mostly because the VIDs are so short and in my Attention Span for YT vids of < 2-3 mins, LOL.
                        https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...teve+elkington
                        Last edited by veryold; Feb 27, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Secret in the dirt was originally a Canadian guy from Niagara falls-No?

Comment

veryold, I can't speak for the method on which you're working. I can only speak from my own experience. If my weight remains predominantly on my right side during the downswing, many bad things happen, including inconsistent ball strikes, lack of power (from insufficient ball compression) and, worst of all, weak snap pulls to the left (I'm right handed). As an athletic move it seems counter-intuitive. After all, when you throw a ball or hit a baseball or a tennis ball or throw a spear, your body instinctively wants to shift your weight to the lead side. Why would you want to fight that natural inclination? Also, from a mechanical perspective, your new move seems all wrong.

I could be out to lunch, but my instincts in this regard are usually reliable, and my experience in other sports seems to support me in this regard. That said, mine is not a scientifically based assessment.

Good luck.
                            This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

Secret in the dirt was originally a Canadian guy from Niagara falls-No?
                              I think YOU'R RIGHT !!! Mike Maves maybe the Canadian guy.
                              Found this VID, talking how it started, "HITTING BALLS INTO LAKE ONTARIO FROM A FARM". Don't know where, but is wasn't in Toronto, LOL, maybe towards Niagara area ??? Oh sorry, you'd mentioned Niagara, getting VO here, LOL.
                              Thanks again
                              https://www.secretgolf.com/videos/ru...is-in-the-dirt
                              Last edited by veryold; Feb 27, 2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X