/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Backspin or roll it to the hole-Pipeline Moe

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Good points, with everything else Moe could do with a golf ball, it seems likely he could spin it at will.

One thing that always bugs me watching the pros is how many times the announcers say "he's going to have a lot of trouble controlling the spin from that lie" - usually from the rough. I've always wondered why they don't hit it shorter and account for some roll?
    I find most announcers are doom and gloom about how impossible a lot of shots are.

Guy could be sitting at 100 yds in the middle of the fairway and they will say his angle to the pin or the wind or something else.

Then he sticks it close and it's a miracle, "I tell you Bob you could put him in that spot with a small bucket and I doubt he could do that again"

Comment

^^^ I agree, so many times a player will hit an approach from say 150 or closer, and when he puts it inside 8 ft , the announcers laud what a stellar shot ! FFS the players are Pros ! I don’t expect them to chunk one, blade one, miss the green, etc from that close.
      Last edited by ARL67; Mar 28, 2020, 05:08 PM.
      WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
      Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65
      Titleist TS2 16.5* with Accra Tour Z x275
      Titleist TS2 19* hybrid with Evenflow White 90

Titleist TS2 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H
      Titleist TS2 25* hybrid with Accra FX300H

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw
      Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw
      Cleveland RTX 54* & 58* Mid with Steelfiber i110cw
      Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
        He was pitching to a pin position with some green to work with AND THE GREEN SLOPING BACK TO FRONT after the pin, so YES in that instance, "ROLLING" is an option.
        But not applicable AT ALL if the conditions are reversed.
        A fair comment. However, would you not think he took the position of the pin into consideration and adjusted his shot accordingly? Would he have been capable of hitting a different shot into a reversed pin situation? I think yes in both cases, and regardless, this was a pretty masterful display of shot consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by meefer View Post

A fair comment. However, would you not think he took the position of the pin into consideration and adjusted his shot accordingly? Would he have been capable of hitting a different shot into a reversed pin situation? I think yes in both cases, and regardless, this was a pretty masterful display of shot consistency.
          Oh, sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough - I was NOT REFERRING TO Moe's ABILITY TO "ROLL" vs. "FREEZE", I'm sure he could do both. I was just commenting that if the green/pin were reversed, "rolling" wouldn't be a "good/best" option

Comment

Originally posted by veryold View Post
            Oh, sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough - I was NOT REFERRING TO Moe's ABILITY TO "ROLL" vs. "FREEZE", I'm sure he could do both. I was just commenting that if the green/pin were reversed, "rolling" wouldn't be a "good/best" option
            Agreed

Comment

It was good to see Mark Evershed again, does anyone know where he is these days?

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
                Ping Glide 3.0 wedges are the best for maintaining spin out of the rough and wet grass. Check TXG for the test run.
                It's been a while since I have seen that one. Huge difference between that wedge and everything else wet, but don't recall them being able to test out of the rough indoors? I could have forgotten it though.

Another interesting side note, a couple weeks ago they did a learning session with the short game coach of the number one female golfer in the world. She is a Ping player and they asked him if she played the Glide 3.0.... she doesn't. Said it is more of a comfort with shape thing than anything else but was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

It's been a while since I have seen that one. Huge difference between that wedge and everything else wet, but don't recall them being able to test out of the rough indoors? I could have forgotten it though.

Another interesting side note, a couple weeks ago they did a learning session with the short game coach of the number one female golfer in the world. She is a Ping player and they asked him if she played the Glide 3.0.... she doesn't. Said it is more of a comfort with shape thing than anything else but was interesting.
                  I'll ask Chris about that issue.
                  King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
                  King Cobra F9 15.5*, UST Helium A Flex
                  Mizuno CLK 20*, Speeder Evolution HB S
                  Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
                  TXG Custom, Mizuno Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
                  Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
                  Callaway MD4 S Grind 58*, DG Tour Issue 115 S
                  Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post

I'll ask Chris about that issue.
                    Cool, may not be an issue but don't remembering them testing rough. I could have forgotten though. The wet performance vs. other wedges was remarkable though.

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

Cool, may not be an issue but don't remembering them testing rough. I could have forgotten though. The wet performance vs. other wedges was remarkable though.
                      It was only done inside with face spraying, confirmed by Chris. It still proves the point and in my opinion would be equally good outside.
                      King Cobra F9 10.5* , VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
                      King Cobra F9 15.5*, UST Helium A Flex
                      Mizuno CLK 20*, Speeder Evolution HB S
                      Sonartec MD Transition 23*, UST Irod A Flex
                      TXG Custom, Mizuno Hot Metal "B" heads, 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2", Soft Stepped Once
                      Mizuno S18 50/07, KBS Tour 110 R

Ping Glide 1.0 ES 55*, Accra 90 wedge
                      Callaway MD4 S Grind 58*, DG Tour Issue 115 S
                      Ping Karsten TR Pal, 35"

"Some day the courage of men may fail, but it will not be this day!"

Comment

Originally posted by Golftime

He has been teaching at Oakville Indoor Golf Centre over the past two winters. Last I heard he was living at Hidden Lake Golf Course.
                        That's correct
                        "The Older I Get...
                        The Longer My Drives Used To Be."
                        Relationships are a lot like algebra. Have you ever looked at your X and wondered Y

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X