/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Back Injury Golf Teacher

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Injury Golf Teacher

Hey there,

I’m recovering from a compressed disc in my back and am relatively new to the greater Toronto area. I’m looking for a teaching pro to assist in my recovery and help with “re-tuning” my swing to assist with my back. I was a scratch that played college golf, so I’m not looking for a “bend your knees” or “keep your head down” type of teacher, a little bit more advanced than that.

Has anyone been to a teaching pro that has experience with patients recovering from back injuries? If so, can you recommend them?

thank you! Enjoy your day and thanks for the replies.

I used to see a physiotherapist at the Canadian Back Institute at Yonge and King for my back issues. I remember him telling me at the time he had golf teaching certification as well. I forgot his name but if you go to CBI.ca his picture shows up on the front page (the East Asian guy). Perhaps you could call the location and inquire.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronB416 View Post
        Hey there,

I’m recovering from a compressed disc in my back and am relatively new to the greater Toronto area. I’m looking for a teaching pro to assist in my recovery and help with “re-tuning” my swing to assist with my back. I was a scratch that played college golf, so I’m not looking for a “bend your knees” or “keep your head down” type of teacher, a little bit more advanced than that.

Has anyone been to a teaching pro that has experience with patients recovering from back injuries? If so, can you recommend them?

thank you! Enjoy your day and thanks for the replies.
        Find any instructor that is TPI certified. Go to mytpi.com and search by location and background (golf instructor, medical professional etc.) The golf instructors get training in how to help with clients with potential injuries or history of certain injuries. While the medical professionals (physio/chiro) are trained in the basics of how to possibly make swing changes or what rehab you need to get back to playing healthy. Note, clinics are only able to start seeing non-emergency patients next week due to an 8 week closure from covid.

Comment

Following with keen interest as I wonder if it can be done.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X