Collapse

Intimidated Golf Enthusiast

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intimidated Golf Enthusiast

Hi folks, I'm an absolute beginner (never held a golf club) but really interested in this sport. I'm really intimidated by golf courses and don't know how to start. Any tips would be appreciated. PS. I don't own any equipment.

Do you have any friends or family members who can take you out to practice at a range or to play a round? Express your interest and I am sure someone in your circle will be eager to get you into the game.

Comment

Buy used and wait for the driving range to open.

Comment

I take it I don't need my own equipment for the range? Which ranges would you recommend in the GTA? or within a 20 km radius from the GTA

My goals are a combination of getting out, exercising, and definitely socializing. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in my immediate circle who could take me out.

Comment

Most places are not doing rental clubs at the moment and I think that includes driving ranges.

If you have a play it again sports near you, you can grab a Random used 7 iron For probably under 10 bucks And start practicing with that at the range.

when First starting out There’s really no point in a full set. Consistency of strike will lead to way bigger differences in distance than club loft.

I would grab a hybrid, a 7 iron, a PW and putter and play a few rounds with just those 4 clubs and don’t invest in a new set until you think that’s holding you back. Again at a play it again sports you could probably do this for under 50 bucks. Whenever I bring a beginner out and lend them my old set they gravitate to using just a limited number of clubs (If not a single club + putter) almost immediately

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X