Collapse

HELP Iron Shank!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Iron Shank!

I will preface by saying I have always been a pretty good iron player, fluctuate between a 7-9 Handicap.
    but the last couple of rounds I have be literally just shanking iron shots. These ugly shanks 30-50 yards right of target... and have no idea where this came from bd how to fix it!

Been there many times. Try putting weight on your heels stand a touch further from the ball, take club a little inside on your take away and swing normal. If that don’t work, try addressing the ball on the heel of your club and swing. Hope it works.

Comment

Youtube,stan utley.

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
        Youtube,stan utley.
        ^^^ Great advice,
        remember the difference between a fantastic shot and a shank is a couple of millimeters or so.
        Ben Hogan's One Iron, so very little adjustment is required to get back on track..
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Hogan.jpg Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	3220530
        Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
          Youtube,stan utley.
          Expand? What about Stan Utley has plenty of videos

Comment

Short game principles to start .

Comment

Wait til the end, the greatest advise ever given ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5CkmKGQDb0

Comment

I’ve been dealing with this for 12 years. I’ll be hitting the ball really well then out of nowhere the skanks . what I’ve been working on this year to help eliminate the shanks . Work on fixing early extension. Eric corgano golf on you tube has some great vids .
                Weight in heals a bit more. Stand a little further from the ball. Also on the downswing feel like your hands are swinging closer to you. For I right hander I feel like my hands are going to hit my left leg

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X