Collapse

HELP OTT- George Gankas G Box?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP OTT- George Gankas G Box?

So I am making it my missing this off season to fix my Over the Top and Steepness! I typically work on it a lot on the range in the summer with alignment rods and using angles... but I imagine this is going to be a lot harder indoors in the winter, and unfortunately I am a very visual learner, and using "aids" or "avoiders" tends to help me the best, I have come across the G BOX, has anyone had any luck with this? if not, anything thing else I can try using inside?

Tour Striker PlaneMate is designed for what you describe your issues are.

Comment

I know you said you prefer to use aids, but sometimes just exaggerating a feel is the best option. take a lot of VERY slow swings coming from way inside. eventually OTT will feel stupid.

Comment

Agreed, exaggerating the feel is fine in the absence of a device. Imagine you're drawing a figure 8 with your club head: loop it outside going back, loop it inside in transition, etc. Lee Trevino always appeared to be drawing a figure 8 when he swung...

Comment

One of the best instagram accounts on golf instructions. Mike Bender is a big advocate of swinging from the inside.

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

If you like using training devices, the GBox might not be the best fit for what you are trying to do on your own.

As someone else stated, the Plane Mate is basically created to get you into the position you are trying to ingrain -- I haven't used it (I try to do actually do the things the G Box is getting one to do) but by all accounts, the Plane Mate is a fantastic device -- and invented by two Canucks too so there's that!

If you really want to get into trying the GBox, personally, I'd reach out to George, get an online lesson and see if he thinks it would help you -- at the very least you will learn a ton about your swing tendencies and get some drills to work on over the winter -- his online lessons are really great, I highly recommend them.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

As someone that was certainly too steep at one point - I feel you pain. You can certainly grab a planemate. I did, it worked for me and I was coming in to out. Unfortunately, it was too much in to out (between 6-8 degrees) an dI had to spend time feeling like I was hitting nasty pulls in order to level it out. Luckily, now I am pretty consistent and coming in at around 1-2 degrees in to out.

Comment

Here's what you do....

Buy a used Planemate with the original box, cut the box in half and, after drawing a line on the front box, velcro it to each side of the Planemate.

Easy peasy, now you have both training aids.

You're welcome.

I like big putts and I cannot lie
                You other putters can't deny
                That when a putt goes in with an itty bitty pace
                You're gonna fist pump in their face - Sir Putts-A-Lot

It's how well you golf fast!!!!

Comment

I saw this the other day. really great for stopping the over the top movement. No need for expensive aid when $20 in alignment sticks do the job.
                  Click For Free Video: https://topspeedgolf.com/your-free-video-move-1-3/?ytvid=_UU-9gt9m28How To Finally Shallow The Golf Club | The 2 Stick DrillI look forw...

Comment

A free empty cardboard box placed near the ball on the outside works very well. The only instruction is to not hit the box.
                    Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

Comment

training aids are great for "feels" but IMO and in my experience, nothing beats a knowledgeable teacher

Comment

Originally posted by FoamHead View Post
                        training aids are great for "feels" but IMO and in my experience, nothing beats a knowledgeable teacher
                        They aren’t mutually exclusive. Gbox is endorsed by a knowledgeable teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by RutgersKev View Post
                          They aren’t mutually exclusive. Gbox is endorsed by a knowledgeable teacher.
                          I agree, but that Box is designed for 1% of golfers, I follow GG on instagram, the majority of people he reposts hitting with the box on do not know what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by FoamHead View Post

I agree, but that Box is designed for 1% of golfers, I follow GG on instagram, the majority of people he reposts hitting with the box on do not know what they're doing.
                            I disagree. 1% is a number you fabricated to make yourself seem 99% correct.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                            X