/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Any "Stack and Tilter's" Out There?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "Stack and Tilter's" Out There?

I recently changed to stack and tilt last year and found that my iron striking and distance gained was excellent. However, cant hit driver with S & T. Anybody else use this system?

AFAIK the driver is one of the weak points of stack and tilt. Typically because it's about low point control and you're usually hitting more down with S&T. With the driver you want to hit up.

Comment

I tried it 8 years ago with an instructor. He did not call it stack n tilt but it was definitely more weight on the lead foot ... perhaps it was an re-imagination of stack n tilt like the swing Sean Foley teaches?

Long run did not work out for me...I'm more balanced approached now and on my take away my "feel" is to have weight on the inside of my back foot. It seems to be more balanced with Iron and driver. Like I don't get those big poppers on my driver because I was coming in steep and hitting down on it.

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong but I do feel like driver you want to hang back a bit and have a more neutral or upward strike on the ball. That's just my interpretation and feel.

Comment

I think you both have good points. I have been watching some you tube videos on driver and find that you have to be neutral or slightly up on the driver swing. I really don't want to give up the S&T swing for my irons, but i also dont want to have a second swing for driver.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npXTzPMddZY

Watch this video apparently these folks stripping it 300+ yards plus just by hitting up! Hitting up definitely maximizes driving distance but I question some of the numbers those 3 swings are producing...

Comment

Originally posted by 4kliftDude View Post
            I think you both have good points. I have been watching some you tube videos on driver and find that you have to be neutral or slightly up on the driver swing. I really don't want to give up the S&T swing for my irons, but i also dont want to have a second swing for driver.
            But the driver is a different swing no matter what. Ball tee'd inside front heel, tee'd higher, wider stance, swing up on the ball, etc.. I find the only thing to stop my frustration is leave the driver at home and live with the fairway woods. Which in my case aren't any shorter.

Comment

Just tweak set-up with driver - tilt your upper body slightly away from the target and you'll be fine

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSheman View Post
                Just tweak set-up with driver - tilt your upper body slightly away from the target and you'll be fine
                Thanks - I will work on driver S&T in the spring when things open up!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X