Collapse

Help with Major out to in

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Major out to in

I am turning to TGN to help with my out to in/ OTT.

I have had this problem for years, watched countless videos, and have seen a couple different instructors, and while all has helped, I’m still not 100% where I need to be. Years ago I was easily I 12-15 degree. Out to in, lately I have been closer to 6-8 which for me isn’t bad. I have worked on starting my downswing with my lower half rather then upper body, as I have a tendency to lead with my hands.

does anyone have any drills, tips, cheat codes, anything that might have worked for them?

make a vid to show your setup. and what you do now.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Try aiming for first base.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Get the club over your back shoulder and then begin the down swing by moving your lead shoulder UP.
        In the Hamilton Golf + CC Embroidered Ping Hoofer

Club Champion Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 A Flex​​
        Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, KuroKage 606 S
        TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 21* 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
        TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R

TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-Pw, 1* up, Recoil ESX 460 R
        PXG 0211 GW, 50*, UST Recoil Dart R
        TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115

Ping Glide 4.0, 58* TS/6, Nippon 115 S
        Tour Velvet Midsize Grips, Custom TXG Signature Putter Grip
        TXG Custom King Cobra Nova, 25 gram weights, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Comment

Put something in the way of your current swing path that you won't hit when you swing the way you want.
          Last edited by AdiosAmigo; Jun 15, 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I keep telling myself that golf is a game of sideways.

It’s easy to get too target oriented, and too open at setup, specifically the shoulders aligned too far the left ( for a righty ). In such cases it is near impossible to swing in to out.

Per previous post, use an old golf box or pool noodle as a barrier to prevent out to in.

If you’re standing over the ball, focus on hitting the ball at 4 or 5 o’clock. You won’t be able to hit it at 5 o’clock but the goal to do so will encourage in to out.

Try teeing up the ball way forward on your stance.
            lt may encourage dropping the right shoulder to get “into” the ball. Your swing may be too flat horizontal. Try to get that left shoulder down, right shoulder up, during your takeaway, thus maintaining spine angle.
            Last edited by ARL67; Jun 15, 2021, 06:01 PM.
            🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
            Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
            Titleist TSi2 10* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x or UST LIN-Q White M40X 6F3
            Titleist TSR1 20* & 26* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
            Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
            Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
            Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

It’s easy to get too target oriented, and too open at setup, specifically the shoulders aligned too far the left ( for a righty ). In such cases it is near impossible to swing in to out.

Per previous post, use an old golf box or pool noodle as a barrier to prevent out to in.

If you’re standing over the ball, focus on hitting the ball at 4 or 5 o’clock. You won’t be able to hit it at 5 o’clock but the goal to do so will encourage in to out.

lt may encourage dropping the right shoulder to get “into” the ball. Your swing may be too flat horizontal. Try to get that left shoulder down, right shoulder up, during your takeaway, thus maintaining spine angle.
              re your first point, are you suggesting closing the shoulders a bit in relation to feet/target?

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post

I have never heard of moving the ball forward (further into the swing arc) to reduce a slice or fade....... might as well open the face while you're at it ....

Comment

Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post

I have never heard of moving the ball forward (further into the swing arc) to reduce a slice or fade....... might as well open the face while you're at it ....
                  Actually heard this many times, some go as far as suggesting in line or even in front of front foot

Comment

I think this has been my issue with driver. I watched a video by top speed golf and the guy said to setup with your hip closed a bit this will help make and in to out path . He had numbers with both square and closed hips at setup and the path changed

Comment

Originally posted by luvtapar88 View Post

Actually heard this many times, some go as far as suggesting in line or even in front of front foot
                      From Butch Harmon:

"With the driver, most golfers play the ball too far forward and stand too far away from it. This might feel powerful, but it sets some bad things in motion. The forward ball position shifts the shoulders open to the target, which leads to an out-to-in swing and usually a slice. Standing too far from the ball pulls the upper body downward, leading to a compensating stand-up move through impact, another common cause of the slice.

When I analyze a golf swing I do so with a number of objectives in mind. Helping to create the desired shot is a very important one but also allowing enough variability to create a number of shots as required. Oftentimes I will suggest an adjustment in setup rather than alter an athlete’s swing mechanics.

DRAW
                      Shoulder alignment to the right of target, ball position closer to the centre of your stance. This allows your path to move to the right of the clubface and encourages right-to-left shape to the shot.

FADE
                      Shoulders aligned to the left of the target with the ball position closer to your lead foot. This allows your path to move to the left of the clubface and encourage a left-to-right shape to the shot.

Not sure which serious teaching professionals are teaching that... but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by AdiosAmigo View Post
                        Put something in the way of your current swing path that you won't hit when you swing the way you want.
                        This, you can also stick an alignment stick in the ground in line with your shaft at address and swing under it. Swinging under things is good because if you swung OTT you would break your alignment stick lol

brando
                        "Your swing isn't the problem."

Comment

I played a year+ with a very closed stance - mostly would setup normal then pull my back foot back a good foot or so. From this position, OTT is very hard to achieve. Possibly you end up hitting pulls that go straight, but over time my swing path changed to inside and after a year or so, I was able to setup neutral and hit it straight or draw it.

Comment

Out to in with upward angle of attack produces more of a control fade for me.
                            Out to in with downward angle of attack s a slice for me. “To control” this I set up as open shoulder alignment with a 9iron. If I try to swing a driver like this it’s not controlled

Comment

You can try centering the ball more in your stance. You may lose a couple yards, but it will slightly help flatten your swing plane restricting the out-in swing.
                              My Mixed Bag:
                              Driver:
                              Ping G410 Plus
                              Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
                              Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
                              Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
                              Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
                              Putter: Taylormade Spider X Navy
                              Bag: Sun Mountain C130
                              Cart: Sun Mountain Pathfinder PX3
                              Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...