Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

This is How to Chip from "TIGHT LIES" :)

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is How to Chip from "TIGHT LIES" :)

It doesn't get any "TIGHTER" than this one
    (close up at 40 sec mark)
    Last edited by veryold; Nov 22, 2021, 01:58 PM.
    "The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less" — Socrates

I recall seeing Snedeker many years ago chip on the green at The Masters. I'm sure he, and everyone else, was hoping not to take a divot on such hallowed turf
    WITB: Sun Mountain 5.5LS
    Titleist TSi2 11* with Ventus Red Velocore 6
    Titleist TSi2 15* fairway with Evenflow White 65

Titleist TSi2 21* and 24* hybrid with Evenflow White 90
    Titleist T200 5-GW with Steelfiber i95cw
    Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58* with Steelfiber i110cw
    Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Flatso 3.0
    Set #2: MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i95cw

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
      I recall seeing Snedeker many years ago chip on the green at The Masters. I'm sure he, and everyone else, was hoping not to take a divot on such hallowed turf
      And I saw Mike Weir do it on no. 8 at Augusta - his ball was on the front left of the green and the hole at the back left. He chipped over the intervening mound very successfully: I didn't see what damage the green may have incurred.

Comment

Is it 17 at Glen Abbey that is sort of an L shape?
        Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
        Ping G25 4W 16.5*
        Ping G400 7H 20.5*
        Ping G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
        Ping G400 5 - UW
        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14
        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10
        SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
        Ping Anser TR 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
          Is it 17 at Glen Abbey that is sort of an L shape?
          I thought it was more like a 3 leaf clover, so I checked on google maps.

It's somewhat in between....

Anyways, a friend was thinking of joining Glen Abbey and was given chance to play it with the head pro. He ended up on the wrong lobe on 17 and pulled out his wedge and nipped it nicely over to the correct lobe with little to no damage done. Head pro didn't mind a bit.

I wouldn't even think about doing that if I was on my own!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 4.01.06 PM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	3471735

Morikawa took a bit of a chunk out of the green (but he had money on the line....)
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

So it’s okay to take a divot on the green?
            if I use my wedge on the green. I remember to refer to the video

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

I thought it was more like a 3 leaf clover, so I checked on google maps.

It's somewhat in between....

Anyways, a friend was thinking of joining Glen Abbey and was given chance to play it with the head pro. He ended up on the wrong lobe on 17 and pulled out his wedge and nipped it nicely over to the correct lobe with little to no damage done. Head pro didn't mind a bit.

I wouldn't even think about doing that if I was on my own!

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 4.01.06 PM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	3471735

Morikawa took a bit of a chunk out of the green (but he had money on the line....)
              I've always thought this kind of thing is incredibly bad design for a course meant to be played by anyone other than a pro.

Regular people can't always hit to the section of the green that has the flag, We won't really want to chip it, so this turns into an immediate 3 putt+. Just grow the front section to fringe height and never put the flag down there.

Comment

Morikawa needs a lesson from this guy.... keep the green pristine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6_u_lef0Q

Comment

I've chipped many times on Royal Ashburn greens, without incident and I'm not that good. (3rd and 7th hole come to mind but there are a few other places where you can get stymied by the fringe.)

For me it's basically a flop shot and it's important to open the club face and let the flange slide you under the ball. Don't turn the wrists, and follow through flat. Should land dead and roll a yard or so. The only hard part is not chickening out halfway through the downswing.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                  X