Collapse

My Training to Get 220 yards, LOL

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Training to Get 220 yards, LOL

OK, here's the "regiment" I'm doing over the next 2 months in hopes to get to my "magical" 220 yards
    But joking aside, he has some neat bits in here, especially for ppl wanting more Driver Distance.
    Cheers, and DON'T GET HURT, Please
    ...BTW, Martin is the World Record Holder for Driver SS and the European LD CHamp. He was doing fine in the recent World LD, but per his own words, lost his Stamina on the last day, to finish 3 or 4th, IIANM ?

berserker!
    I recommend a breakfast of henbane cookies and milk. lol

The Viking warriors who went berserk may have been intoxicated with the plant stinking henbane, one scientist says. Norwegian experts have their doubts.
    things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
      berserker!
      https://sciencenorway.no/drugs-histo...enbane/1571431
      Now we r talkin' - forget about 220; 250 into the wind and uphill on the 1st at Braeben when it opens and as a desert, I'll bite off a chunk of my 7 tron
      U a Viking by any chance ?

Comment

Originally posted by bl8d View Post
        berserker!

https://sciencenorway.no/drugs-histo...enbane/1571431
        These guys did......

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

The Swings look good but they are coming "Over the Top" a bit

Originally posted by Fore Warned View Post
          These guys did......

Comment

So not going to doubt Martin can hit a ball a long way he can and he knows about how to do it. But his process and where he is at the moment is all about firing patterns and CNS system to keep at a higher level. But doing this type of training without proper base training/building will not really see long term development for ones game.

If you're looking at adding distance I would suggest working on mobility and foundation strength mainly the ability to work the ground, if you have this built up you can add and maintain speed a lot easier and faster too.
            Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X
            3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X
            3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX
            Irons: 4-6 PXG 0311P 7-W 0317CB | DG120X
            Wedges: Vokey SM9 50.8F|54.10S|58.8M
            Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K
            TP5X 2024
            Ghost Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MattM97 View Post
              So not going to doubt Martin can hit a ball a long way he can and he knows about how to do it. But his process and where he is at the moment is all about firing patterns and CNS system to keep at a higher level. But doing this type of training without proper base training/building will not really see long term development for ones game.

If you're looking at adding distance I would suggest working on mobility and foundation strength mainly the ability to work the ground, if you have this built up you can add and maintain speed a lot easier and faster too.
              Very interesting and THANKS

Re. Martin: You may be quite right about need for him to do more of a "base training/building", something like what Bryson Dechambeau was/is doing ? Actually, IIANM, Bryson and Martin developed a friendship during the past WLD Championship, so maybe BDC may help Martin in this area ?

Re. your second comment, I am doing some exercises here at home to build up a bit of "meat" on my skelleton thin old body, so we'll see in a couple of months if I can really get my long chased 220 yards.
              And will also try Martin's tip on "pushing against the leading foot thru impact" - somehow it feels that that is a swing element that may result in a bit more distance ???
              Thanks again and cheers
              Last edited by veryold; Jan 14, 2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Consider joining the YMCA at Burnamthorpe and Confederation Pky. And, start taking Yoga there, increase your strength and flexibility etc.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X