Collapse

Excercises for Swing Speed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excercises for Swing Speed

I was at a brand new Sim yesterday and it was the first time in a few years I've seen my swing speed. I was around 115mph average less than 5 years ago, yesterday I was averaging 102. That's a huge drop.

​​​​Does anyone have good drills and exercises (in the gym) to help creep my swing speed back up? I don't need to be 115 again, but closer to 110 would be nice for a few more yards off the tee.
    Callaway Blayne Standbag:
    TaylorMade M1 9.5*
    TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 3w 15*
    TaylorMade R15 5w 19*
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 1 TP 3 Hybrid
    Taykormade Speesburner 5 Hybrid
    5-AW TaylorMade RocketBladez
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 54* and 58*
    Scott Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke 3.0 Slim
    Srixion Z-Star XV

I am getting a lot out of DrKwonGolf on Youtube

the exercises are all about speed ...

Comment

Check out Mike Carroll at https://fitforgolf.blog/

He has great content for improving speed and strength.
      He works with some tour players and lots of amateurs. Seems to have a real passion for what he does.

$12.99 a month for tons of programs and content.
      G410 Plus 10.5*
      G410 3W 16*
      G400 7W 20.5*
      G400 3H & 4H 19* & 22*
      G400 5 - UW
      Glide 3.0 54/14 WS, 58/10 SS
      SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)
      Anser TR 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Canada8888 View Post
        I am getting a lot out of DrKwonGolf on Youtube

the exercises are all about speed ...
        This is great and exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you
        Driver - Taylormade SIM MAX 9.0 Diamana S
        3W - Taylormade M4
        5 wood - Callaway X Hot
        4 Hybrid - Taylormade R15
        Irons - Taylormade 2017 P790 5-PW
        Wedge - 52 Raw Jaws/56 MD 2 tour grind
        Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comment

There's a few guys to check out on instagram too

@andopfs is awesome and has tons of free posts (you usually need equipment for his stuff though)
          @flatsgolfnfitness is also great. He has his own app and tons of programs

If you're already in decent shape, check out speed sticks or the stack program. They're a great addition to gym workouts.

Comment

With a speed of 75 mph, I shouldn't be near this thread, never mind posting in it, LOL, but this guy should know a thing or two about Speed Training.
            All best and hope u get ur 110 and hey, why not "shoot" for >115, still a month+ to go

Last edited by veryold; Feb 14, 2022, 12:37 PM.
            "The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less" — Socrates

Comment

If you have been away a while, I'd focus more on technique than exercises. Getting the right feel to release everything correctly will add more imo than some exercise that will slightly increase hip clearing speed. I was doing a sim session with a friend last year near the beginning and just by making the adjustment to think more of releasing down than in front, his ss went up nearly 10mp from 100ish to 110ish with some wiggle room on both. This is something I first saw from a long drive champ talking about pulling down and releasing down. Commentators were focusing on his massive leg power but to him, his feel was that it was all in the hands and firing down and the legwork was a response to that. Larry Cheung also posted a vid some time ago working with a guy firing out 350 drives and the cue he was giving him was 'fire down'.

I think it is much more likely ur technique and timing/sequencing fell off for the drop off in ss rather than physical ability to generate the same amount of force. Would def focus on that.

Comment

I’ve heard some good things about Mach 3 Speed training.
                99% of the instruction you read in books and magazines, see on TV, or receive from your coach is correct. Itís just that most of it doesnít apply to you - Mike Adams

Comment

Working in the gym and besides lower leg exercises I been working on my forearms and shoulders particularly left arm
                  even though you might be able to create speed I think the left arm and shoulder blade muscles have to strong enough to sustain the speed at impact and not break down.
                  As that structure is part of the club arm unit for the whipping action
                  Also I feel that strong/weak grip and Open/shut clubface matches up with the left shoulder
                  so that’s important for aiming as well

Comment

Originally posted by dlam View Post
                    Working in the gym and besides lower leg exercises I been working on my forearms and shoulders particularly left arm
                    even though you might be able to create speed I think the left arm and shoulder blade muscles have to strong enough to sustain the speed at impact and not break down.
                    As that structure is part of the club arm unit for the whipping action
                    Also I feel that strong/weak grip and Open/shut clubface matches up with the left shoulder
                    so that’s important for aiming as well
                    Hi there,
                    Sounds Great that you are doing the Lower body exercises because I noticed that most of the people trained their upper body. I always prefer my lower body first when I started EROS Fitness gym my trainer started with the lower body exercises.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                    X