Collapse

Help with driver.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with driver.

got the sim 2 max last year, absolutely love it. This year with playing more I’m struggling with keeping the ball down. My ball flight is extremely high and a fade. I really don’t mind the fade but I’m sick of loosing yards to the sky. What adjustments with the driver do u recommend it’s a 9 deg. Set at std now.

Move the ball a touch back in your stance, just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickytoe View Post
      got the sim 2 max last year, absolutely love it. This year with playing more I’m struggling with keeping the ball down. My ball flight is extremely high and a fade. I really don’t mind the fade but I’m sick of loosing yards to the sky. What adjustments with the driver do u recommend it’s a 9 deg. Set at std now.
      Set it down gradually until you find a ball flight that suits you.

That said, a flight that is too low can cost yards, too.

Comment

Downswing may be too steep/over the top. Practice swinging the club in an area where the ball is above your feet i.e., raised tee box. This should help you shallow the club on a flatter plane.

Comment

9 degree is below the average loft in use unless you swing at 115MPH.

players with low lofted drivers typically set up with the ball too far forward and tee it too high.

on the range use two yardstick at right angle to each other:- to gauge the width of your stance and to precisely pinpoint your ball in relation to the forward heel.

Start with the ball 2" inside the heel and even with the crown of the driver when
          it's grounded behind the ball
          Let that setup be your starting point and go from there..
          things change

Comment

Can try tossing it on the upright setting. Sim drivers are pretty flat in lie angle to begin with. Going to the upright setting could help you turn the ball over a bit more.
            Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - Odyssey 7 Red

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X