Collapse

Video Swing Analysis

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Swing Analysis

There is an abundance of swing advice on the internet and it’s mostly good information, however, does it work for you? A typical situation could be a 25 handicap posting a thread wondering why he slices it to the right. 15 people respond with inside path, open clubface, grip, ball position, alignment, or the golf club itself, but without seeing the swing, people responding are only guessing.
    This forum is for posting your swing and looking for some feedback from the members. There are TGN members who are teaching pros and swing enthusiasts who can offer advice on how they see it. Since we are using this type of forum, the original poster may need a few different viewpoints to really make a change. This section is for offering multiple suggestions on the video and creating a discussion to help the OP.

Here are the recording requests:

1. Face on View – a view where the camera looks at the front of the player at address. For consistency, point the camera towards the center of the player at waist height

2. Down the line view – a view where the video camera is behind the golfer, down the line to the target. Station the camera at waist height pointing at the players’ hands.

You can load your video into www.youtube.com or www.widedivots.com and post the link or embed the video into the thread by wrapping [youtube] around the code for the video (everything after "v=" ). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo3w4zshzWI
    If you don't have a youtube account, please send me a PM and I'll load it.

Also in this forum... a place to post video of tour players to analyze, critique, and compliment their swings. This can also be used as reference to anyone asking for swing advice.
    The final piece is a section dedicated to drills. Again, there are many drills on the internet, so if you find one that you like, post it here, and let us know how it helped you.
    Last edited by NickStarchuk; Jul 23, 2009, 07:58 AM.

Re: Video Swing Analysis

I know video cameras have been discussed a lot but can someone tell me which is the cheapest but will get the job done,ie: good slo-mo and stop action and all that stuff.

Comment

Casio is the only one that makes a reasonably priced units that fit the bill. The least expensive is the FC100.

The other side of the equation is something to play the video. I use V1 home (free). It lets you do markup and to do frame by frame advance (stop motion).
      In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
      and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

Originally posted by Fredk View Post
        Casio is the only one that makes a reasonably priced units that fit the bill. The least expensive is the FC100.

The other side of the equation is something to play the video. I use V1 home (free). It lets you do markup and to do frame by frame advance (stop motion).
        Thanks FREDK..my impression is that it can only be bought on line.

Comment

Originally posted by gimme View Post
          Thanks FREDK..my impression is that it can only be bought on line.
          You can get the FC100 at Henry's.

V1 is downloaded (ie not sold in stores!); but runs on your local machine.

Cwing is a great tool as well (IMO better than V1Pro) but has a price tag to match.

V1Home is the defacto standard in free swing analysis tools.
          Everybody wants a slice of winner - dekker

Comment

What makes Cswing better?
            In The Bag

Golf clubs

Comment

With Cwing, you can measure things like ball speed and swing speed (accurate to within a couple MPH) - cheaper to buy Cwing and have a yardstick in the picture than to buy a radar or launch monitor.

Comment

I did see that. So, have you tried the software? Where do the accuracy claims come from?

I am looking at one of these packages for the overlay and side by side capability. Anything extra is just gravy.
                In The Bag

Golf clubs

Comment

I tried it a few years ago when they had free trials available - the accuracy claims come from checking against a swing speed radar (sports sensors, both red and blue) as well as a vector pro.

As long as you accurately measure the yardstick (or whatever) in the software, the speed numbers are good.

Comment

Perfect. They still have a 15 day trial. I will give it a go when I have time.
                    In The Bag

Golf clubs

Comment

On www.cybergolflessons.com you can get the EX-FH100 online and shipped in a few days or pick up at the Markham Dome through me. Also there is a free swing analysis software download when logged in. It says 14 day free trial but it's really free. Let me know if I can help with the camera. With the camera you simply get a HD card (4-8 gig) and it saves tons of swings in extreme slow motion. When you plug it into the software (swingview pro) you can see everything. I was even playing around the other day and could see the angle of the clubface at impact, it's awesome.

Comment

If you're getting a high speed camera, make sure you get a class 6 or higher SD card.

If you have an iPhone 4, the video camera is decent, you can step through your swing easily although it is blurry. A Gary Fong tripod attachment or GorillaPod is useful.

Fuji is starting to make high speed cams now.

Comment

Almost 9 years without a post so maybe it's an appropriate time for a resurrection.
                          Post a swing and I'll offer some advice. It doesn't even have to be your swing.
                          It doesn't even have to be a swing, it could be a putt or a chip - be creative.
                          Take a divot out of your yard. Hit sponge balls into a bed sheet.
                          Putt down the hallway. Chip it into a couch pillow.

Comment

Hey Nick, This is me a few years ago. But not much has changed. I’d appreciate any advice you’d have for me. I’d definitely be up for a lesson after things slow down. Thanks!

Comment

Here are some ideas, let me know what you think. Maybe I can get you to change your signature

Last edited by NickStarchuk; Mar 22, 2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X