Nick Starchuk

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Starchuk

. . .
    Last edited by grasbunkers; Jun 2, 2022, 06:14 PM.

Re: Nick Starchuck

Would have to agree.

biggest difference I've seen so far is, even when I have NOTHING during the round, the spray circle is still fairly tight. There are a few key points that he's asked me to be aware of in case the swing leaves me and I find that EXTREMELY helpful under the gun.

Case in point, played Coppinwood a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't my best ball striking day by far and still managed to hack around in a 83 in a tourney. Last year under someone else's tutelage I had to play out of my head just to get around in low 80s in tourney situations. When I got the bump to the flight I am in currently last year, out of 4 events I never broke 90. First event out with a swing that's still very much a work in progress I'm under 85. Realistically I couldn't ask for a better start at the moment.

Comment

It goes to show you that knowledge is the limiting factor, not ability. A great communicator can help you understand what you need to do. Once understood, the execution is more likely to occur. The great practice swing you have before hitting the ball actually becomes your true swing when striking the ball. Sounds like Nick nailed it for you. Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Nick makes it stupid easy to understand!
        Games has been in a rut for past 19 months and I'm starting to get out of it and a lot better then I was before with the help of Nick. Only a few weeks in, I can not wait till a month of two from now how far I can go with my game!
        Living the dream

Fitness fanatic, always willing to help other golf nuts with their fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerphan View Post
          Nick makes it stupid easy to understand!
          Games has been in a rut for past 19 months and I'm starting to get out of it and a lot better then I was before with the help of Nick. Only a few weeks in, I can not wait till a month of two from now how far I can go with my game!
          This kid can RIP it. Right B?

Thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStarchuk View Post
            This kid can RIP it. Right B?
            Right

Comment

Nick Starchuk changed my life
              Larrycheunggolf.com

Comment

Nick is a great communicator and makes it really easy to understand what he is trying to teach.

Having done a session in winter and another one in April, I would highly encourage anyone who is on the fence but wants to improve to take the full day session. You won't regret it(although your body will tell otherwise after hitting so many range balls

I am looking forward to being able to take the revamped swing on the course!

Comment

Bump cause ... I told you so.
                  Canada's best golf instructor is Nick Starchuk.

Comment

Originally posted by spas1 View Post

Today I played my first round using Nick's technique and I was AMAZED!!! I had nice solid iron shots, my driver is getting the amazing distance - and it is going straight!!! Even better is now I am able to shape shots.
                    Firstly, I concur that seeing Nick is very good for ones ball striking. My game has improved a ton seeing him only a few times. Need to get out to see him soon actually.

I played Century Pines today - the 10th hole is a 307 yard dog leg left. From the blue tee box I hit the most amazing draw, the ball started off nice and straight down the middle and then the ball turned from right to left right around the corner of the dog leg!!! The ball ended up 30 yards from the green right in the middle of the fairway - it had gone 277 yards!
                    Not too burst the bubble of good feelings but this hole is nowhere near 307. Google Earth has it at 280 from the back of the blue deck to the back of the green. 240ish from the middle blues will put you center green.

Comment

Nick is awesome! He comes over to help his students when he sees them at the range. He saw me hitting my driver on the range and came over to chat. In just 2 mins, he changed my drive from a high slice to a sweet baby draw (30 yds instant increase)!

Since I started working with him, I am hitting the ball longer, purer, and more consistently than ever before!

Thank you Nick!
                      Last edited by vijay; May 13, 2011, 10:17 AM.
                      What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive.
                      - Arnold Palmer

Comment

Great to hear the feedback, i also bought that deal and just trying to figure out when our schedules can allow for the much-needed lesson!
                        www.sandicolife.com

Fave courses
                        Eagles Nest
                        Devils Paintbrush
                        Lionhead Legends
                        Hockley Valley
                        Pipers Heath

Comment

Originally posted by petvan View Post
                          Not too burst the bubble of good feelings but this hole is nowhere near 307. Google Earth has it at 280 from the back of the blue deck to the back of the green. 240ish from the middle blues will put you center green.
                          Not to derail the thread, but I don't put too much stake in Google Earth for course measurements.
                          I'll Google Earth my home course, which I've been playing for 17 years and know like the back of my hand, and check out shots that I've used the rangefinder on.
                          I find the Google Earth measurements can be off by as much as 10-15 yards per 100 yard measurement.
                          Not always though... some are bang on. It's kind of wierd actually.
                          My theory is it depends on the 'angle' of that particular satellite picture.
                          i.e. If you get a spot where it was directly overhead, the measurement is more accurate... but if the satellite was more 'off to the side' the distances get skewed.
                          Last edited by Pubknight; May 13, 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spas1
                            Here is the scorecard:

Click on the "View Back" - it lists it as 309 - the blue marker on the ground marked at 307....

Steve
                            Pretty sure they measure that along the dog leg. Anyway, didn't mean to steal the theme here ;-) It's great to see that Nick has you firing great shots. I too highly recommend his services and he's helped a couple of my friends including my brother.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pubknight View Post
                              Not to derail the thread, but I don't put too much stake in Google Earth for course measurements.
                              I'll Google Earth my home course, which I've been playing for 17 years and know like the back of my hand, and check out shots that I've used the rangefinder on.
                              I find the Google Earth measurements can be off by as much as 10-15 yards per 100 yard measurement.
                              If that's that case, I can really smoke my 5 wood which I put on the right fringe there several times at year and I usually play black tees there ;-) On other courses, my 5wood is a 230-240 club.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X