Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for swing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for swing advice

    I just got back into golf after stepping away for a few years. I've gained weight and lost flexibility but the goal this winter is to lose weight and get some proper mechanics. I hit 260-285 in the 5 rounds I've played in the last few weeks. before I stepped away my issue was a bit of a slice but I always aimed left. Now when I miss hit its a low snap hook but I will say i've been quite happy with my drives. Any advice and critiques are welcome. Thanks!


    Driver- Top Flite Strata TL-2
    Irons- PING ZING2'S JZ Stiff Shafts 3-PW
    Sand Wedge- PING ZING BeCu KBS Tour Smoked Wedge Shaft
    60' Wedge-IKASU Project Rifle Shaft
    3 wood- KZG GF2- ACCRA T70 M4 Shaft

    Putter- Scotty Cameron newport 2 SWANKED BABY
    Bag- PING FREESTYLE

    All Clubs Officially Pimped By Jeff At SWANK GOLF

  • #2
    https://youtu.be/-zjf_0P1BO8
    Driver- Top Flite Strata TL-2
    Irons- PING ZING2'S JZ Stiff Shafts 3-PW
    Sand Wedge- PING ZING BeCu KBS Tour Smoked Wedge Shaft
    60' Wedge-IKASU Project Rifle Shaft
    3 wood- KZG GF2- ACCRA T70 M4 Shaft

    Putter- Scotty Cameron newport 2 SWANKED BABY
    Bag- PING FREESTYLE

    All Clubs Officially Pimped By Jeff At SWANK GOLF

    Comment


    • #3
      Focus on your leg work to start. Compare it to someone of similar stature on tour.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks! I will. Yeah after watching a few times I never realized me lifting up.
        Driver- Top Flite Strata TL-2
        Irons- PING ZING2'S JZ Stiff Shafts 3-PW
        Sand Wedge- PING ZING BeCu KBS Tour Smoked Wedge Shaft
        60' Wedge-IKASU Project Rifle Shaft
        3 wood- KZG GF2- ACCRA T70 M4 Shaft

        Putter- Scotty Cameron newport 2 SWANKED BABY
        Bag- PING FREESTYLE

        All Clubs Officially Pimped By Jeff At SWANK GOLF

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SlaytheDragon View Post
          Focus on your leg work to start. Compare it to someone of similar stature on tour.
          Yes, lots going on with those legs leading to the need for compensatory movement on the forward swing.
          Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Swing looks really flat as well. Leads to misses right and/or the hooks that you referred to.
            Aim at nothing and you will hit it every time.

            Comment


            • #7
              Is a flat swing a consequence from poor flexibility? A goal of mine it to be able to tee up higher, I'm told the ball should be half over the crown of the driver. I have my best accuracy when the tree is a little lower. Could that be because the plane of my swing is flat? I really appreciate the feedback.
              Driver- Top Flite Strata TL-2
              Irons- PING ZING2'S JZ Stiff Shafts 3-PW
              Sand Wedge- PING ZING BeCu KBS Tour Smoked Wedge Shaft
              60' Wedge-IKASU Project Rifle Shaft
              3 wood- KZG GF2- ACCRA T70 M4 Shaft

              Putter- Scotty Cameron newport 2 SWANKED BABY
              Bag- PING FREESTYLE

              All Clubs Officially Pimped By Jeff At SWANK GOLF

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bluesox_68 View Post
                Is a flat swing a consequence from poor flexibility? A goal of mine it to be able to tee up higher, I'm told the ball should be half over the crown of the driver. I have my best accuracy when the tree is a little lower. Could that be because the plane of my swing is flat? I really appreciate the feedback.
                If you have best results with it teed lower, tee it lower. Do what suits you best when in play. You can play around with different setups on the range.

                Personally, I tee it low to hit it low and tee it high (with a little more reverse tilt in my upper body) to hit it high.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SmoothBomber View Post

                  Personally, I tee it low to hit it low and tee it high (with a little more reverse tilt in my upper body) to hit it high.
                  Agree....

                  in general tee it higher with right (back) shoulder a bit lower and hit it on the upswing will provide best results....but I do tee it lower with slightly more level shoulders when I want to hit a low cut.

                  @ op, when moving to teeing it higher in your practice be careful when you raise your front shoulders that you dont tilt your spine so much that your weight stays behind otherwise you will top the ball.
                  "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Golftime View Post

                    Yes, lots going on with those legs leading to the need for compensatory movement on the forward swing.
                    Excellent! It all comes down to one thing, balance. Start from the ground. Are the legs moving correctly. Like you said, get that part right and it leads to less compensations.

                    Next step, watch the spine. What is it doing? That will always affect sequence etc etc

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bluesox_68 View Post
                      I just got back into golf after stepping away for a few years. I've gained weight and lost flexibility but the goal this winter is to lose weight and get some proper mechanics. I hit 260-285 in the 5 rounds I've played in the last few weeks. before I stepped away my issue was a bit of a slice but I always aimed left. Now when I miss hit its a low snap hook but I will say i've been quite happy with my drives. Any advice and critiques are welcome. Thanks!

                      go vanilla

                      lose the weight you want and increase the level of flexibility before you adept the swing to they way you are now.

                      you swing what you are.
                      Things change.

                      Cobra Fly Z+ ProjectX Handcrafted 50LZ
                      Cal Steelhead 3,5 RCH99firm
                      Cleve Halo 19*hybrid s300
                      Cleve TA3 4-Pw TTX100
                      Cleve 53,57 s300
                      Cal Tuttle

                      Comment


                      Join The TGN Email List

                      Collapse

                      Recently Joined

                      Collapse

                      Topics: 173,561   Posts: 1,815,167   Members: 47,108   Active Members: 171
                      Welcome to our newest member, Gerg.

                      Today's Birthdays

                      Collapse

                      There are no members with birthdays today.

                      PGA Leaderboard

                      Collapse


                      TGN Sponsors

                      Working...
                      X