/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Any advise/thoughts

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any advise/thoughts

    Really can't wait until the season starts again or when they lift the lockdown on the simulators. In the meanwhile, let me know what you guys think on the swing...it's not the prettiest:
    https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4
    ERC Fusion 9 degree driver (yes the original) - M6 Irons - Callaway X Fairway Hot 3/5 Woods
    Cleveland RTX4 54, 58 - Yes! Ann putter - TM Flextech Crossover carry bag
    Swing: https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4

  • #2
    just a suggestion, if you are testing wedges on a sim, so use a Green for the target. you want to get an idea of how close to the pin you hit it.
    your clubface angle to swing path is 10* closed .is too closed for a 58.
    things change

    Comment


    • #3
      Really tough to give swing feedback when the swings are all sped up on the video.

      If you want feedback on your numbers, as bl8d says above, best to have a target so you can judge your accuracy. Wedges are scoring clubs, so proximity to your intended target is way more important than distance.
      We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB


      TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
      Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
      Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
      Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
      Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
      Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
      Srixon Star XV
      Ogio Grom bag

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dmcdam View Post
        Really tough to give swing feedback when the swings are all sped up on the video.

        If you want feedback on your numbers, as bl8d says above, best to have a target so you can judge your accuracy. Wedges are scoring clubs, so proximity to your intended target is way more important than distance.
        Great point,dial in those scoring clubs .

        Comment


        • #5
          Pro tip -- you can actually just slow down the playback speed of videos on youtube in the settings, then use the ">" to go thru frame by frame once you've paused the video. Sure the slower their original speed, the better -- but still usable.

          Actually there are some nice things happening here.

          The good:

          your address positions look good
          your grip looks good
          alignments look good

          The "improvable":

          Coming off the ball, your wrists completely open up and fan the club way super open. Your connection between your arms and torso is quite good tho, so if you want to address this, an easy way to do this is to think of "lifting" up the club with you wrists as the first move off the ball.

          This will still keep you connected but help keep the club more on plane and allow you to come back into the ball a touch shallower.

          Haney gives a good overview of this move (one of the few things he is really good at explaining)

          https://www.golflink.com/tipsvideos/video.aspx?v=23634

          Hope this helps!

          Comment


          • #6
            thanks for all the inputs everyone! Sorry, should have provided some context:
            I do have a draw bias (with all my clubs), for these wedges I was trying to see the range on the 54 and 58; these are new setup from the previous 52 56 60 (Nike). Even the 49 was a new club as I just upgraded my clubs from cobra amps to M6.

            bl8d good tip for setting the target with the sim.

            @eastenduffer - correct, you can slow down the speed, but i can upload the original, also have some face-on clips. Thanks for the analysis, and tip. so set the wrist right off the takaway?
            ERC Fusion 9 degree driver (yes the original) - M6 Irons - Callaway X Fairway Hot 3/5 Woods
            Cleveland RTX4 54, 58 - Yes! Ann putter - TM Flextech Crossover carry bag
            Swing: https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ac99 View Post
              @eastenduffer - correct, you can slow down the speed, but i can upload the original, also have some face-on clips. Thanks for the analysis, and tip. so set the wrist right off the takaway?

              Check out what Haney says -- its not a "set", its just one part of a co-ordinated set of motions. Thinking of "setting" might lead you into the opposite of what you are doing now.

              Just watch what Haney says in the video and practice getting comfortable with having the club stay outside of where you currently are at P2, lets say.

              Good luck and keep working on the wedges!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by eastendduffer View Post


                Check out what Haney says -- its not a "set", its just one part of a co-ordinated set of motions. Thinking of "setting" might lead you into the opposite of what you are doing now.

                Just watch what Haney says in the video and practice getting comfortable with having the club stay outside of where you currently are at P2, lets say.

                Good luck and keep working on the wedges!
                ah - ok, got it!
                ERC Fusion 9 degree driver (yes the original) - M6 Irons - Callaway X Fairway Hot 3/5 Woods
                Cleveland RTX4 54, 58 - Yes! Ann putter - TM Flextech Crossover carry bag
                Swing: https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4

                Comment


                • #9
                  face on view would be really helpful in determining the cause for the shut face at impact and the resulting shot shape.

                  Swing path is good, connection to your body is good, posture is good, etc.

                  but WHY is your club face being shut so significantly at impact? are you 'shifting' too far onto your lead leg forcing you to compensate with the forearms through impact? is your club face shut at address? is your grip too strong? all questions that are tough to answer with this angle.

                  the most important thing, your swing looks repeatable and thus predictable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post
                    face on view would be really helpful in determining the cause for the shut face at impact and the resulting shot shape.

                    Swing path is good, connection to your body is good, posture is good, etc.

                    but WHY is your club face being shut so significantly at impact? are you 'shifting' too far onto your lead leg forcing you to compensate with the forearms through impact? is your club face shut at address? is your grip too strong? all questions that are tough to answer with this angle.

                    the most important thing, your swing looks repeatable and thus predictable.
                    hey SeanAvery2point0 couldn't find any faceon vids, looks like I've purged a bunch. Did upload the unmod "wedge footage", a short clip (the entire clip was 10+min).

                    Yes, my setup is slightly open at address and close my club...I don't think i am shifting too far to the lead leg, well at least i don't feel that's what i am doing, but how i feel and what's real are very different as i found out with golf. I uploaded another vid where i tried to draw on that day but couldn't for the life of me. Anyway, thanks for the feedback, love to hear your thoughts on the new vids. tia, ac
                    ERC Fusion 9 degree driver (yes the original) - M6 Irons - Callaway X Fairway Hot 3/5 Woods
                    Cleveland RTX4 54, 58 - Yes! Ann putter - TM Flextech Crossover carry bag
                    Swing: https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Seems to my unprofessional eye and since you asked, that you take it away very inside. I have fought this and try to keep the club more in front of me on the backswing which also helps with being well across the target line at the top of the backswing too which you appear to be. Seems to me this inside move has you swinging very inside out which will create a bunch of right to left spin.

                      Just a hacker though.

                      P

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by petvan View Post
                        Seems to my unprofessional eye and since you asked, that you take it away very inside. I have fought this and try to keep the club more in front of me on the backswing which also helps with being well across the target line at the top of the backswing too which you appear to be. Seems to me this inside move has you swinging very inside out which will create a bunch of right to left spin.

                        Just a hacker though.

                        P
                        that's exactly what it looks like with the wedges. thanks for the feedback.
                        ERC Fusion 9 degree driver (yes the original) - M6 Irons - Callaway X Fairway Hot 3/5 Woods
                        Cleveland RTX4 54, 58 - Yes! Ann putter - TM Flextech Crossover carry bag
                        Swing: https://youtu.be/XKS0PVBH6c4

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Latest TGN Reviews


                        Collapse

                        PGA Leaderboard


                        Collapse

                        Today's Birthdays


                        Working...
                        X