/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

SHARE YOUR SWING THOUGHTS??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SHARE YOUR SWING THOUGHTS??

When the dreaded super slice creeps back and I can't fix it before I get on the course. I would go into aim as far left as possible just let the slice do its job mode... (everytime I do that it goes straight left)

Comment

during the swing, when it's going good, absolutely nothing.
      FB:mcmahongolf | twitter: @mcmahongolfca | Instagram: mcmahongolf

WITB:
      - Taylormade M1 460 9.5 (Mitsubishi Diamana w60)
      - Geotech SP 3wood (ACCRA SE80*)
      - Taylormade Rescue Mid TP 19 degrees
      - Geotech GPM Tour P.Blade 3-PW (KBS Tour)
      - Geotech Forged W-213 56 & 60 (Nippon Modus3 Wedge 125)
      - David Whitlam SPI3 Limited Edition

Backups:

- PING S59 3-PW
      - Nike Forged Blades 3-PW
      - David Whitlam Little Dog 303ss
      - Scotty Cameron Newport II Pro Platinum
      - Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura

Comment

Originally posted by veryold1 View Post
        That's been my no.1 thought i'm trying to achieve, but it's not as easy for me, somehow. May I ask you to expand a bit on your process on this subject. I am trying to look at the ball throughout my backswing, downswing, and even trying to see the divot being peeled of after the strike.
        Many thanks for your interesting post and cheers !
        Funny this is one of the hardest things to do (personally). I can't help but look down range/hole to see where my ball is heading.

I have heard otherwise from other people saying that as long as the rest of your swing is technically sound, you can close your eyes and still make a pretty solid shot.

Comment

Lately I've been getting lazy with my swing, meaning mostly arms and little hip turn. With shorter clubs I can get away with it. So at the range, I quickly move up to hitting 4i as that easily reveals the flaw resulting in a slice. As I engage my lower body more, the slice straightens out. Then after whacking a bunch of 4i, the rest of the irons seem so easy.
          WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5LS
          Titleist TS3 10.5 with Evenflow T1100 White 65
          Wishon EQ1-NX 15* with Black Tie 6M3
          Titleist TS2 19* hybrid with Evenflow White 90

Titleist 818 H1 23* hybrid with Accra FX300H
          Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW with Steelfiber i110cw
          Mizuno JPX-900F 50* with Steelfiber i110cw
          Cleveland RTX 54* & 58* Mid with Steelfiber i110cw
          Seemore Platinum M7 Tour with SS Pistol Grip

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            Lately I've been getting lazy with my swing, meaning mostly arms and little hip turn. With shorter clubs I can get away with it. So at the range, I quickly move up to hitting 4i as that easily reveals the flaw resulting in a slice. As I engage my lower body more, the slice straightens out. Then after whacking a bunch of 4i, the rest of the irons seem so easy.
            Or, you might go one step harder, and follow Seve Ballesteros' practicing 3i on the beaches of Spain - well, maybe Wasaga Beach here, I guess:
            http://www.golfdigest.com/story/golf...os-huggan-0506
            ATB and cheers !
            Last edited by veryold1; Jun 11, 2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Achieve a good setup: grip, alignment, etc. "Release" club to target. The rest I leave to my muscle memory to sort out.

Of course there are days when things go south and nothing is working. That is when i start "thinking" and things become even worse.

Comment

On the range it's whatever I'm working on. On the course, tempo and target is the only thought before I swing.

Comment

Originally posted by pink View Post
                  When the dreaded super slice creeps back and I can't fix it before I get on the course. I would go into aim as far left as possible just let the slice do its job mode... (everytime I do that it goes straight left)
                  You've got to play your miss..

Can't tell you how many times I've played with folks who have the most consistent ball flight, but where they aim (middle of the fairway) and where the ball ends up (not in the fairway) puts them in trouble every tee ball.. if they just played their ball flight by aiming away from the fairway I'm sure they would have lots more fun!
                  TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
                  TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
                  TM Speedblade 3 iron Accra proto
                  TM M2 tour 4-pw Accra ICWT 95
                  Callaway X-Forged 52, 56, 60 Pro Modus3 105
                  Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
                  100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

After trying all these different swing ideas of the golf forums.
                    If my swing goes bad it can be traced to all or all three defined parts of my golf motion
                    Backswing. Transition and Release

Comment

This year I've really concentrated on a nice slow consistent back swing. It's helped so much right from my driver to putter. This is my biggest year of improvement after taking a bit of a step backwards a lot of last season.
                      Ping K15- 10.5 Driver
                      Taylormade R11 15 Deg
                      Titleist 910F- 21 Deg
                      Callaway Razr- 24 Deg
                      Titleist 913H- 27 Deg
                      Callaway Diablo Edge Irons- 7-Gap
                      Taylormade RBZ- 55 Deg Wedge
                      Titleist Vokey- 60 Deg Wedge
                      Ping Scottsdale Putter
                      Sun Mountain Bag
                      Home Course: Pine Knot London

Comment

If you're exhausted from climbing up a hill to the green, you're grip is going to be too tight. No amount of swing thoughts are going to prevent this. Tom Watson said he only started winning when he learned to control his breathing. Of course, controlling your breathing is also a swing thought so whatever...

Comment

I like Annika Sorenstam's setup routine. She imagines a line a few feet behind the ball and perpendicular to the flight line. The area behind this line is the "thinking box". When she steps over this line to her ball, she is in the "playing box". Using these two "boxes" has made a difference in my game.

Comment

definitely slow down the swing and start the downswing in the hips

Comment

I'm convinced that swing thoughts don't matter as much as knowledge of the golf swing. You can tell yourself anything you want but unless you really know the mechanics of the/your golf swing, you're only kidding yourself.

Comment

On some misses I can't remember looking at the ball other than at address. A buddy's thought was "keep your left eye on the back of the ball." He also suggested, when putting, to hit it "up the ball's a$$." Unfortunately he's gone from this world. Another very good golfer friend only ever gave me one thought, when near the green: "get it on the f'ing green." Every time I decel and hit it short I remember I didn't use that thought.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 181,606   Posts: 1,897,833   Members: 48,967   Active Members: 458
                                Welcome to our newest member, Dereky.
                                Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X