/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

SHARE YOUR SWING THOUGHTS??

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta agree with bronc072, without understanding the mechanics swing thoughts don't matter.

Comment

Tempo tempo! Tick tock

Comment

On the green walking , tap the ground or wipe the blade use the finger tips
        Off the tee , hop , skip , jump , don’t get overly tight with the grip. Relax the hands and don’t grip the club Extend the thumbs.

Comment

When my body is cooperating and Im swinging my best the only thought I have is 'return to rest".

My setup has everything wound to the address position. All I do then is heave the club back and allow everything to return to rest. I stay out of the way and let the swing happen like falling dominoes. The only problem is you need a good grip, good setup with a preset built-in counterfall, and a fairly limber body lol... but if you got all that, you just send the club back and return to rest.

Comment

When I remember? 1-2. Sometimes a pre-thought is keep that trail elbow in on the downswing.

Comment

I recently started a series of lessons, and have shifted my swing thoughts to make sure I turn my hips. I take out all thoughts of where I want the ball to go. The early returns are promising.

Comment

Trying to get away from "don't" thoughts and have positive "do" thoughts. But also limiting what is going on in my head and going with just letting the swing feel natural.

Comment

Been in the rabbit hole past month instead of enjoying to play golf Reviewing lots of the golf online instructions that I missed in the past few years. Some are really good and some are just crappy minutia that are specific to his own teaching philosophy.

Comment

Stay tall is abouy all i think about. Most of my problem come from a collapsed back leg. If i stay tall i transfer my weight properly through the down swing.

Comment

Just climbing out of the rabbit hole. Too much mechanical thoughts to proper play golf after a month of browsing online. I been finding my left hand is starting to hurt trying things that are not natural to me. I find that when I just try to figure out how to apply the “swish “ through the ball. The mechanics take care of themselves

Comment

I was talking to Weirfan about this on the course the other day. I'm playing so infrequently now that as soon as I find something that's working (or not working), I can't help but add it to the list of thoughts I have over the ball. None of the good thoughts have become engrained due to a lack of repetition. I basically see a giant word jumble in my head at address.
                        We may not be good but at least we'll be slow - PB

TM RBZ Tour 10.5 set to 9 deg with Aldila RIP Alpha 70s
                        Adams IDEA Super Hybrid XTD 17 deg stiff
                        Nike Machspeed 3H 21 deg stiff
                        Wilson FG Tour V4 - 4i-GW - DG Pro S300 - TLT build
                        Cleveland/TM wedges - 53 / 56 / 60 - all one length
                        Cleveland BRZ Classic 1 putter
                        Srixon Star XV
                        Ogio Grom bag

Comment

Originally posted by dlam View Post
                          Just climbing out of the rabbit hole. Too much mechanical thoughts to proper play golf after a month of browsing online. I been finding my left hand is starting to hurt trying things that are not natural to me. I find that when I just try to figure out how to apply the “swish “ through the ball. The mechanics take care of themselves
                          ^^^ One of the simplest and best tips/thoughts I have ever heard/seen Much appreciated !!!

And, FWIW, I think that the "modern position teaching" (as opposed to your "swooshing" advice) which BTW is SO PREVALENT these days, while can be of use to some of course, just doesn't work for me at all.
                          IOW, my old brain just has difficulty remembering AND ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTING all those "positions", "angles", and so many other fine details, i basically forget to actually "swing" the club and get that beautiful "SWOOSH"

Cheers and thanks
                          Last edited by veryold; Aug 12, 2020, 02:59 PM.

Comment

My swing thought is feeling like I’m having someone with a bungee cord behind me pulling my left hip back. This helps me clear my lower body really early and typically, this delivers the club on plane. It helps increasing clubhead speed too if you aren’t great at getting your lower body through impact

Comment

I've had a few different swing thoughts that have worked well....shoulder under chin, turn with your core not your arms, straight back straight thru, and so on. Unfortunately it's like they expire and I have to come up with a new one. It's weird, the swing thought I used to play a great game, doesn't work the next day?? I think maybe I'm so focused on the one move that other things start to go awry. Hmmm... need to think about what my swing thought will be for tomorrow's game

Comment

Originally posted by drewharvie View Post
                                My swing thought is feeling like I’m having someone with a bungee cord behind me pulling my left hip back. This helps me clear my lower body really early and typically, this delivers the club on plane. It helps increasing clubhead speed too if you aren’t great at getting your lower body through impact
                                Very interesting
                                Surprisingly for my old age, I can "clear" my lower body and hips quite well and without any pain what so ever, and by doing so, I can add a sizable distance, especially to my drives. ***BUT*** the distance is to the right of me and very little in front of me IOW, a big ol', high, SLICE, to the next fairway right of me (i'm right hand).

Any comments on how to close the face at impact in this instance would be really appreciated !!!

As a note, when I do NOT clear my hips (my normal swing), i am very straight and hit most of the fairways, albeit <200 yards.

It would be so cool if i could straighten my "clearing hips" slicing drives, and re-direct the slicing distance from the right of me to the front of me. Probably that could get me to my "life goal" of 210-220 yards
                                Last edited by veryold; Aug 12, 2020, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 181,606   Posts: 1,897,833   Members: 48,967   Active Members: 458
                                Welcome to our newest member, Dereky.
                                Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                                X