Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing alone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy playing as a single... My favourite is still a non-busy course during a twilight round, great way to unwind and relax. Play some music and take my time.

Comment

Just wondering if the OP curitiba is STILL playing?
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Pretty much play my first (warm up) round in Florida as a single. Just prefer to get acclimatized by playing alone first. But after that, I like having playing partners. Even the pot smoking, music playing, slow playing ones.

People generally warm up to one another by the 2nd hole, so you're only a stranger on the first tee. And most I've met have been really great to play with.

I've only once had a bad playing partner. And it was here at home, a guy who spent his entire time ball-hawking. I got away from him by the 5th hole and played alone for the rest of the round.
        Greg

Comment

I enjoy both as well. Just because of timing I find myself playing a lot of solo rounds late in the evenings in the summer I can get out as late as 8pm sometimes and get nine in. But if I had a choice I would always prefer to play with other people.
          In the Bag:

Taylor Made R11s TP Diamana Kai'li
          Mizuno 3 & 5 woods - TT steel shaft
          Ping i10 3 - PW
          Mizuno 56 black ox - TT
          Mizuno 60 raw haze - TT
          Odessy White hot custom fit - will take this putter to my grave

Comment

I often prefer playing alone. That way if I want to hit 2 or 3 balls on a hole, I can do it and not worry about anything. But I understand that if I go to a course when it's relatively busy, I'll get paired with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post
              I've only once had a bad playing partner. And it was here at home, a guy who spent his entire time ball-hawking. I got away from him by the 5th hole and played alone for the rest of the round.
              I'm sorry Greg, I'll try and stop that next time

I don't mind playing solo. Sometimes I'm just in the mood to be alone if I decide last minute to grab an early morning tee time or a twilight round.

What's in the bag?
              TM M2
              Cobra F6 fairway woods and irons
              PING Sigma G Putter
              Les Grossman: "I'm talking G5. Playa, playa"

Comment

Partner cancelled today so went out solo for what was almost the round of the season for me.
                2 balls a hole (except for last 3 holes and the 2 holes I was playing through on), -2 on best ball, +13 on worst ball, but only +4 thru 12 before driver miss came into play and sent ball out of play few times.

Loved playing solo, but finished the last 3 holes with two other gentlemen and enjoyed that just as much. Only hardcore golfnuts out there as season is winding down.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 164,208   Posts: 1,718,195   Members: 45,688   Active Members: 190
                Welcome to our newest member, Kdaw11.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                X