/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

What is Your Lessons expectations?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Your Lessons expectations?

I am taking lessons again this year to help with my game. The instructor is great and he is working on fundamental principles which I understand. The challenge is every lesson I go to they modifying my swing which takes me time to learn and apply it naturally. This Is effecting my score and game because I'm don't have the swing pattern down and I'm finding it to be challenging.

Do you find this as you are taking lessons?

Yes. That's normal. You'll be playing "golf swing" rather than "golf" for a while. Stick with it. It takes time to ingrain the adjustments. Don't expect to see consistent improvements immediately. I've generally felt that if over a course of a lesson or 2 my instructor wanted me to work on 3 things, if I made progress on 1-1.5 of those things I felt I was making doing well.
    TS4 w/ EvenFlow White
    M1 w/ Diamana Thump
    GAPR
    Srixon Z-765 w/ PX LZ
    Vokey 46
    Hi-Toe 52 & 58
    Bobby Grace Tour Diamond 3

Comment

Thanks I will keep working away.

Comment

golf is a game of execution not knowledge. Knowing what to do is only 1% of the game. Otherwise we'd only need one lesson to identify all our faults and then proceed to immediately drop 20 strokes. It takes many hours of practice and continuous feedback (i.e. more lessons) to actually be able to execute on a consistent basis. The path is not linear.

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,141   Posts: 1,863,138   Members: 47,779   Active Members: 328
        Welcome to our newest member, shrigs.
        Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
        X