/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

GOLF BOOKS TO ASSIST THE MENTAL GAME - A LIST

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Par90 View Post

If the less than 10% of golfers can break 100 theory applies,I would say learning proper mechanics will help the golfers mental state more than anything.
    Hey, would mind sharing where you heard about that 10% theory? I actually recently read that 45% of golfers are able to break 100:

https://thechamplair.com/sports/what...ers-break-100/

Granted, the article quotes different sources, even one study says that 86% of players break 100. However, I'd be interested to hear a different theory as these numbers seem quite high (or maybe I'm just a terrible golfer and I need to be okay with that).

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPizza View Post

Hey, would mind sharing where you heard about that 10% theory? I actually recently read that 45% of golfers are able to break 100:

https://thechamplair.com/sports/what...ers-break-100/

Granted, the article quotes different sources, even one study says that 86% of players break 100. However, I'd be interested to hear a different theory as these numbers seem quite high (or maybe I'm just a terrible golfer and I need to be okay with that).
      Unfortunately most studies only include golfers who track their handicap AND follow the rules. What % of golfers fall into this group? I am going to guess less than 50% - even on this site many say they don’t play strictly by the rules - and these are golf nuts!

Comment

I want to know the trick (which ever book it is in lol) on how to avoid shooting a 36-39 on the front, then firing a 47 on the back! Literally went into the 9th hole a couple weeks ago needing a bogey (par 4) to shoot a 38 on the front, ended up taking a 7.shooting a 40, then went onto shoot a 46 on the back. 86... after 8 holes felt could have been a 76 lol. Would love to play the game 1 hole at a time, head won't allow it!

Comment

Great books listed.
          Last edited by NickStarchuk; Oct 17, 2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playthru View Post

Unfortunately most studies only include golfers who track their handicap AND follow the rules. What % of golfers fall into this group? I am going to guess less than 50% - even on this site many say they don’t play strictly by the rules - and these are golf nuts!
            Thank you so much for your answer. This makes a lot of sense indeed.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X