/**/

Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

MY ORLANDO TRIP FOLLOW-UP - 4 DAYS 7 ROUNDS!!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out you can still get the multi round discount at the Disney courses. You just need to complain and they’ll give it to you. My problem is solved.

Comment

Quick question fellas.. Has anyone ever tried selecting resident rates and be questioned on it when arriving at the golf course?

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyTemp772 View Post
        Quick question fellas.. Has anyone ever tried selecting resident rates and be questioned on it when arriving at the golf course?
        I've heard it can be a gamble, most courses say it's strictly enforced. But then I've played with guys who said they were never asked for proof.

I'm a big Florida State University fan and I'm always decked out in FSU gear on the golf course, I wonder if I could get a pass.

Comment

Never heard of anyone being asked, nor have I heard anyone trying to game the system. If you get asked, what the worst that’ll happen? Pay full pop? Maybe worth the gamble, but it feels dishonest to me. From both the course and the player.

Then again, a lot places like Disney offer their residents a discount, so its not about tourists paying more as it is trying to attract the locals. People don’t like two tiered systems tho, so as Canadians, we find it offensive. Oh, that reminds me. Gotta renew my health insurance before I fly down again.

Old discussion here, but just the first two pages. It got off topic quickly, but the info is prob still valid.
          https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...-for-canadians
          – Greg

Comment

Is Mystic Dunes worth $75? Last posts about this course are a year old and NOT very positive. Anyone have more recent reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabreak80 View Post
              Is Mystic Dunes worth $75? Last posts about this course are a year old and NOT very positive. Anyone have more recent reviews?
              No, considering there are at least 7 other (better) courses you could play for that kind of dough. Mystic is typically over priced as it’s a resort course and tourist don’t know any better.

It has some fun holes, but conditioning has been problematic and inconsistent. Some holes are perfectly fine, whereas others are downright atrocious, particularly the last three or four holes. The greens on 15, 16, and 17 have always been bad.

Many people don’t like all the blind shots, so that contributes to the poor reviews too.

I wouldn’t pay more than $50 to play there. Too bad too, it’s the real close to where I stay.
              – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post

No, considering there are at least 7 other (better) courses you could play for that kind of dough. Mystic is typically over priced as it’s a resort course and tourist don’t know any better.

It has some fun holes, but conditioning has been problematic and inconsistent. Some holes are perfectly fine, whereas others are downright atrocious, particularly the last three or four holes. The greens on 15, 16, and 17 have always been bad.

Many people don’t like all the blind shots, so that contributes to the poor reviews too.

I wouldn’t pay more than $50 to play there. Too bad too, it’s the real close to where I stay.
                Thanks Greg, will cross it off the list.
                We're staying in the Champion's Gate area so have plenty of choices. Definitely going back to Orange County (Cat and the Panther) as well as Celebration.

Comment

My wife and I flew into Orlando yesterday for our annual two week golf vacation. Yesterday I think was colder in Orlando than in Toronto. We definitely did not bring the right clothes! Today we played Remington golf course. It’s not a high end course but we enjoy it. Conditions are ok and pace of play was ok for a full course-4 hours. We paid $27.86. Tomorrow we have booked its sister course-Kissimmee Bay-$29.00. To explain-we take four two-week golf vacations each year and will golf 11 or 12 rounds per trip. That works out to 88 -96 rounds per year. When you figure in the exchange rate, we are talking several thousands of dollars per year, so we avoid the high priced courses. Luckily there are enough mid-priced decent courses (under $50) to play. After reading several excellent reviews of Redtail, we are planning to play there on this trip. Can’t wait!,

Comment

Yep, I'm down here too and yesterday (Friday) was downright frigid. As was today. But don't worry, it'll be gorgeous 20+ until about Thursday/Friday again when the high will only be 15.

Remington and Kissimmee Bay have tons of water, yes? Yikes. Go down and give Royal St Cloud a try, wide open Scottish links. It's cheap golf compared to the $100-$125 Disney area courses right now.\

When the temps go low, afternoon golf is great as it's cheap. But busy. I played Eagle Creek today and they had fourballs booked right up until 3pm.
                    – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post
                      My wife and I flew into Orlando yesterday for our annual two week golf vacation. Yesterday I think was colder in Orlando than in Toronto. We definitely did not bring the right clothes! Today we played Remington golf course. It’s not a high end course but we enjoy it. Conditions are ok and pace of play was ok for a full course-4 hours. We paid $27.86. Tomorrow we have booked its sister course-Kissimmee Bay-$29.00. To explain-we take four two-week golf vacations each year and will golf 11 or 12 rounds per trip. That works out to 88 -96 rounds per year. When you figure in the exchange rate, we are talking several thousands of dollars per year, so we avoid the high priced courses. Luckily there are enough mid-priced decent courses (under $50) to play. After reading several excellent reviews of Redtail, we are planning to play there on this trip. Can’t wait!,
                      You may want to try Winter Park. It's very inexpensive municipal 9 holes course, (under $20 + $9 for replay), kinda short, but gets rave reviews. One of the club pros I know played there recently and he said the conditions and layout were excellent. If you get a chance to play it let me know what you think.

Comment

Going down Sunday for a week with neighbours and playing Mon-Tue-Wed. My buddy is down there a month and not into high-priced courses. We're near Kissimmee. We're playing Highlands Reserve, Oaks National, and Orange Lake Reserve. All between $50-70 US teeing off at 7ish to get back to the wives by lunch (not my decision either ). I really only want to swing my clubs. Anybody play these courses with a positive review? Danka.

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                          Going down Sunday for a week with neighbours and playing Mon-Tue-Wed. My buddy is down there a month and not into high-priced courses. We're near Kissimmee. We're playing Highlands Reserve, Oaks National, and Orange Lake Reserve. All between $50-70 US teeing off at 7ish to get back to the wives by lunch (not my decision either ). I really only want to swing my clubs. Anybody play these courses with a positive review? Danka.
                          Played Highlands when I stayed in the adjacent condos with my family a few years ago...

It was in rough shape in a few spots (if I recall correctly, there was a temporary green on the 5th)...

This was in the middle of summer to be clear, crazy hot and dry - Actually likes the layout a lot, staff was friendly and the 2 rounds I played were very, very inexpensive.

Champions Gate is only 10 min from there as an aside, much nicer but more expensive.

Cheers,

- Ian
                          TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                          TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                          TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                          TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                          * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                          TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                          TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                          TM TP5 Golf Ball
                          Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                          Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post

Played Highlands when I stayed in the adjacent condos with my family a few years ago...

It was in rough shape in a few spots (if I recall correctly, there was a temporary green on the 5th)...

This was in the middle of summer to be clear, crazy hot and dry - Actually likes the layout a lot, staff was friendly and the 2 rounds I played were very, very inexpensive.

Champions Gate is only 10 min from there as an aside, much nicer but more expensive.

Cheers,

- Ian
                            Danka!

Comment

Originally posted by nomullies View Post
                              Highlands Reserve is a combo links style with some parkland. And Oaks Natl is a typical low end residential track. While both are a bit dumpy and not pristine, they're good value for the money. Neither are worth more than $50, so $70 is too much.

Instead of Highlands Reserve, maybe play Royal St Cloud or Harmony Preserve. Similar style of golf, but way better.
                              Instead of Oaks, play Eagle Creek, Stonegate or Providence.

I just played Orange Lakes Reserve last week and was rather surprised how nice it was. Winds its way through a mid-level resort but VERY well-kept since Brown Golf took over. If you can, play the Legends course. It's quite a bit better with less condos and a more natural setting (back nine anyway).

February is peak season and the prices are nuts. Orlando Golf Nuts.
                              – Greg

Comment

Originally posted by synergy View Post

Highlands Reserve is a combo links style with some parkland. And Oaks Natl is a typical low end residential track. While both are a bit dumpy and not pristine, they're good value for the money. Neither are worth more than $50, so $70 is too much.

Instead of Highlands Reserve, maybe play Royal St Cloud or Harmony Preserve. Similar style of golf, but way better.
                                Instead of Oaks, play Eagle Creek, Stonegate or Providence.

I just played Orange Lakes Reserve last week and was rather surprised how nice it was. Winds its way through a mid-level resort but VERY well-kept since Brown Golf took over. If you can, play the Legends course. It's quite a bit better with less condos and a more natural setting (back nine anyway).

February is peak season and the prices are nuts. Orlando Golf Nuts.
                                Good commentary - Should've added in the summer (once again a few years ago), it was $25 LOL...

So not really a surprised at the extortionate rates in Feb.

Played Eagle Creek (none of the others), and liked it a lot as it was a good value, but if I recall it was very close to the airport vs. near Kissimmee??

Cheers,

- Ian
                                TM Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
                                TM Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
                                TM Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
                                TM My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters
                                * (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride TM Pistol
                                TM My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
                                TM Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red)
                                TM TP5 Golf Ball
                                Clicgear 4.0 Push Cart
                                SkyCaddie SX550 GPS
                                Bushnell ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X