Collapse

Golfing in Phoenix

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing in Phoenix

I'll be heading down to Phoenix in November with my dad for a golf trip.

Has anyone been to Phoenix in November and golfed? What are the course conditions like? And the prices?

Any advice would be appreciated!

They over seed in the fall but by November they are usually okay. We spend the winter and arrive November 1st. Prices are excellent at that time and gradually increase during the winter.
    Gone golfin' ... be back about dark-thirty.

Comment

Originally posted by rpangman View Post
      They over seed in the fall but by November they are usually okay. We spend the winter and arrive November 1st. Prices are excellent at that time and gradually increase during the winter.
      Awesome! I'm really looking forward to it.

We're heading to Glendale more specifically so I hope to get a few rounds in.

Comment

I am not sure from your post whether or not this will be your first trip to Phoenix. If it is, I can recommend some courses. My wife and I have been going to Phoenix every October/November for the past 15 years and have played most of the good courses.

Comment

Originally posted by mainevent23 View Post
          I'll be heading down to Phoenix in November with my dad for a golf trip.

Has anyone been to Phoenix in November and golfed? What are the course conditions like? And the prices?

Any advice would be appreciated!
          We spend our winters in AZ and head down last week of October. Our course and most of the public courses have completed their overseeing program by then. If in doubt, contact the course or check out Golfnow.com for a listing.

If St. Andrews is the home of golf, Askernish is it's soul......!

Comment

Lots of great courses in the Valley of the Sun. Bring a GPS for the car or rent one if you are renting a car. Depending on where you are staying, there is a lot of driving happening. Think of the 401 on steroids. Check out the "stacks" where I 10, I 17 , the 101 and I think Hwy 60 all intersect. They are all "stacked" one upon the other with no one going as slow as you are, you Canadian newby. LOL. Football, Hockey, golf, car auctions etc all going on at once. COSTCO is where you meet the most Canadians including everyone from the Prairies and BC. They are all there for the same thing you are, to buy booze at great prices if you don't factor in the exchange rate. When the dollar was at par and we were down there, it was heaven. And never, ever offer an opinion on US Politics. They are unbelievably polarized. They will ask you what you think. The safest reply is you don't pay much attention to politics and steer the conversation towards the Arizona Cardinals.

Comment

Actually, Arizonans (of either party) are delighted to hear what Canadians think of their politics, especially when we tell them that not only is there politics dysfunctional, but so is ours under our playboy/centrefold PM....

Comment

Did you mention that most Arizonan are armed.

Comment

Been down twice around that time to golf... it's been awesome every time!

Troon, Boulders, We-Ko-Pa are all fun tracks. Quintero is a tad more out there but it's an experience in it self.

Enjoy!
                  Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
                  Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
                  Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
                  Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
                  Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
                  Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
                  Putter: SGC WB Northwood
                  Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

Originally posted by mainevent23 View Post

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to it.

We're heading to Glendale more specifically so I hope to get a few rounds in.
                    Google golf courses around Glendale. You will find a lot of them and mostly good rates. We stay in Avondale which is near Glendale. Take in a Coyotes game too. The Westgate Entertainment District has lots to do before and after games.

Comment

Google golf courses around Glendale. You will find a lot of them and mostly good rates. We stay in Avondale which is near Glendale. Take in a Coyotes game too. The Westgate Entertainment District has lots to do before and after games.
                      If you're going to be in the Glendale area, consider playing Verrado at Buckeye or Wickenberg Ranch at Wickenberg. Both outstanding tracks and relatively close from where you will be.

Comment

Originally posted by RCCHGA View Post

If you're going to be in the Glendale area, consider playing Verrado at Buckeye or Wickenberg Ranch at Wickenberg. Both outstanding tracks and relatively close from where you will be.
                        Yes, Verrado for sure. They have 2 courses now. Founders and Victory. Founders is the original and a great layout. #3 in the area. Victory just opened in February and is already a great course.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Morris View Post
                          I am not sure from your post whether or not this will be your first trip to Phoenix. If it is, I can recommend some courses. My wife and I have been going to Phoenix every October/November for the past 15 years and have played most of the good courses.
                          This will be my first trip to Phoenix. We're heading down November 24-30.

I've read online that the some of the courses are closed or cart path only due to overseeding in October. Will we have this problem when we go? Also, I'm curious to know what the prices are like around that time.

Comment

Originally posted by sikoram View Post
                            Lots of great courses in the Valley of the Sun. Bring a GPS for the car or rent one if you are renting a car. Depending on where you are staying, there is a lot of driving happening. Think of the 401 on steroids. Check out the "stacks" where I 10, I 17 , the 101 and I think Hwy 60 all intersect. They are all "stacked" one upon the other with no one going as slow as you are, you Canadian newby. LOL. Football, Hockey, golf, car auctions etc all going on at once. COSTCO is where you meet the most Canadians including everyone from the Prairies and BC. They are all there for the same thing you are, to buy booze at great prices if you don't factor in the exchange rate. When the dollar was at par and we were down there, it was heaven. And never, ever offer an opinion on US Politics. They are unbelievably polarized. They will ask you what you think. The safest reply is you don't pay much attention to politics and steer the conversation towards the Arizona Cardinals.
                            hahaha, thanks for the suggestions! We'll be renting a car and I'll be sure to take my GPS down with us. We're staying at a relatives while there.

Comment

I plan on going to a Coyotes game. They're playing the Vegas Knights that weekend! So I'll be sure to go to that game.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X