Collapse

Ontario Golf Weekend - Ideas

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Golf Weekend - Ideas

Hello Nuts - Looking for some Ontario suggestions for this summer. I organize a weekend for 15 dads from Ancaster area. We are all around 35 with varying degrees of skill levels. This our 3rd year. Played Taboo and Cobble Beach previously. Stayed off site both times. Looking at Black Bear Ridge in Belleville or Bellemere Winds in Peterborough (apparently there is accomodations across the lake that shuttles golfers to the course) Open to suggestions. Like the idea of an executive 9 for our scramble portion to keep the group engaged. NOT interested in a resort format for accommodations. Any input is appreciated. Thanks - Ryan
    Driver: Titleist 910 D3 7.75* Aldila RIP X-Stiff 60g
    3 Wood: Titleist 913 Fd 14.25* Diamana 'ahina X-Stiff 82g
    Irons: Mizuno MP-60 3-PW Tru Temper Gold X300
    Wedges: Nike VR Pro Black 52* 58*
    Putter: Nike Method 001 Super stroke 3.0
    Ball: ProV1x

There are many courses in Muskoka you could try; Muskoka Bay is one. There is Osprey of course, with 54 holes to challenge you (no executive 9 though).

Comment

Take a look at Diamond in the Ruff up in Muskoka. Fantastic 9-holer or maybe Marvel Rapids NE of Peterborough
      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Thanks. I’ve never looked at either of my those courses before.......and Osprey has been on my radar for a few years. I hear it is a gem.

Comment

Ridge at manitou is an absolute beauty as well as seguin valley depending how north your willing to go both courses are 18 holes or every year we do a golf trip for 30 guys as a fundraiser for sick kids and we usually do hawk ridge Orillia theres 2X 18 courses plus a 9 hole par 3 all at the same location plus decent hotels in orillia

Comment

How about the Nottawasaga Inn, accommodations and 2 golf courses. One course has 3 nines, all about 3,000+ yards each. The other course is newer and better and about 6,500 yards.
            Ping G425 Max 9* Driver, Tour 65-S
            Ping G425 SFT 15* 3 Wood, Tour 75-S
            Ping G425 SFT 19* 5 Wood, Tour 75-S
            Ping G425 Max 23.5* 9 Wood, Tour 75-S
            Ping G425 Max 26* 5 Hybrid, Tour 85-S
            Ping S56 Irons, 6 to 9, PW, Aldila VS 85-S
            Ping Tour S, 52/12*, 58/10*,Aldila VS 85-S
            Ping Chip-R, Ping Z115-S (new)
            Ping 35" Tomcat 14 Putter (new)
            Ping "Latitude" Carry Bag
            Nikon Laser 500G Rangefinder

Comment

Thanks guys. I’ll have a look at the suggestions. I did hear about Hawk Ridge. Not too far and seems like a good setup with the two 18s and 9 hole track.....anyone play Smugglers Glen? Curious to know if that’s worth looking at?

Comment

Belleville is great...Black Bear Ridge, Trillium Wood and both are a close drive to town. No resort, but there are packages. I can give you contact info if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog Eat View Post
                  Thanks guys. I’ll have a look at the suggestions. I did hear about Hawk Ridge. Not too far and seems like a good setup with the two 18s and 9 hole track.....anyone play Smugglers Glen? Curious to know if that’s worth looking at?
                  Smugglers Glen is very scenic and a pretty good course. The lodge is next door. As a destination for a guys trip it is disadvantaged by being the only course in the neighborhood and not much else for guys to do. The lodge is more of a family type of thing and you are a good 45 minute drive to Kingston. Not much else to do in Gananoque or Brockville the two closest town/cities but you can find decent restaurants in either place.

Comment

Thanks for the posts nuts. The winner is Belleville. Got a great deal on a cottage 5 minutes away and the pros at Trillium and Black Bear Ridge were both super accommodating and quick to reply on pricing for the group. Looking forward to it. #dadsweekend

Comment

I also love the Parry Sound area. I think the Ridge is closed this year but Seguin Valley has three cottages I believe right on the lake. I'm sure you can find whatever info. you need on there website. I've never stayed there yet but have golfed there many times. The most scenic course Ive ever played. Good luck in your search!

Comment

I am sure you have your spot for this year but if not or maybe for next year Cobble Beach is an excellent location.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                        X