Collapse

Laughlin, Nevada

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughlin, Nevada

I have what boils down to free accommodation at Harrah's - Laughlin to use. My wife and I are planning on heading down the last week of November and get some golf in. She just picked up the game last year, and is still learning, but really enjoying golf. Has anyone hear played any of the courses in Laughlin? I know Mojave Desert and Laughlin Ranch are both very close, but I see El Rio and Huukan are both only about 30 minutes away. We'd be bringing out clubs with us. Flying out of Detroit Metro (one of the advantages being so close for us Windsorites).

One thing I noticed in one of the Vegas threads, which I didn't think would be a factor, is the length of daylight..... late November.

Update - would be doing this this October - Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Still will be hot likely.

So, giving this a bump, and adding a question. Laughlin Ranch is affiliated with Harrah's, so they provide transportation from what I've read.

Has anyone done the drive (as in rent a car) from McCarron Airport to Laughlin? I don't think I can get a flight that will get me there in time for their shuttle service. Looking at landing about 9-10pm Vegas time, so it will be dark. Not sure how the highway is between the 2. Cab would be $200 one way. I suppose there is Lyft, which is estimating less than $110.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
      Update - would be doing this this October - Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Still will be hot likely.

So, giving this a bump, and adding a question. Laughlin Ranch is affiliated with Harrah's, so they provide transportation from what I've read.

Has anyone done the drive (as in rent a car) from McCarron Airport to Laughlin? I don't think I can get a flight that will get me there in time for their shuttle service. Looking at landing about 9-10pm Vegas time, so it will be dark. Not sure how the highway is between the 2. Cab would be $200 one way. I suppose there is Lyft, which is estimating less than $110.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
      Not familiar with the Laughlin area specifically, but have rented a car for approx a week the last 3 years for Las Vegas, picking up and returning at the airport. Typically rentals have been about $20-25 US a day, without CDW, for the basic compact, which is fine for my purposes for 1-2 ppl with usual gear and clubs if the rear seat folds down (which they usually do -- I use a soft travel bag btw). I have learned to start early with initial reservations and update as time approaches, making liberal use of signing up for discount emails (such as Dollar/Thrifty) and tweaking as the travel date approaches. Rental reservations typically do not ask for cc info up front, and are unlimited mileage. You can save even more by prepaying, but I have not gone that route.

Have not driven all of that particular road to Laughlin, but have certainly driven in the desert and mountains in other areas of Nevada well after dusk, and it has not been a problem for me. I bring a gps but I suppose a phone will work if you have the right plan. The phone is useful to have anyways btw.

The advantage of having the rental car is you are mobile once down there for day trips etc and you can return it right to the airport on your schedule rather than someone else's. Which may or may not be a good thing I guess

_______
      NQRfPT

Comment

Decided to stay in Las Vegas, got a good deal through our M Life rewards at Excalibur. Golf should still be on the schedule, but lots could change between now and October. Airline we are using (yay points!) has 1st checked bag free for each, and no charge carry on, so won't cost extra to bring the clubs!!!! Looks to be a couple courses within a couple miles of the strip, so a cab ride won't be too expensive.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
        X