Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ORLANDO 2018 - 5 DAYS AND 8 ROUNDS!! (TEETIMESUSA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORLANDO 2018 - 5 DAYS AND 8 ROUNDS!! (TEETIMESUSA)

Just completed my booking for my regular golf buddy and I for this year's jaunt to Orlando in the latter part of March - We are playing 8 rounds over the course of 5 days, and decided upon the following:

Wed: Shingle Creek
    Thurs: Grand Cypress New / Grand Cypress North, South, East Course
    Fri: Waldorf Astoria
    Sat: Orange County Crooked Cat / Orange County Panther Lake
    Sun: Eagle Creek / Eagle Creek Replay

Big shout out to the folks at 'TeeTimesUSA': http://www.teetimesusa.com/

In the space of a couple of days, they put together a full package that included all the golf rounds, condo booking and car rental - All for $1,200 each. 3rd year I've used them, and they do a great job! (Used Aeroplan points to get bus. class flights to and from MCO)...

Good times!

- Ian
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Just walked in the door from spending the weekend just outside Orlando, played OCN Panther Lake, Celebration, and the Tranquilo Club at the Four seasons, all in fantastic shape. Weather was great and looks like it's going to be for the forseeable future. Have fun!

Comment

How much did tranquilo set you back? I have a tough time finding them on golfnow.....did you just book through the proshop?
      Titleist 913d3 8.5 with tour ad di 7x
      Tour Edge Exotics 13 degree cb5
      Titleist 909H 17 degree
      Titleist 714 CB with KBS tour X stiff
      Cleveland rtx 588 black 52, 56, 60
      Yes Sophia blade putter

Comment

Originally posted by dmoe View Post
        How much did tranquilo set you back? I have a tough time finding them on golfnow.....did you just book through the proshop?
        Booked it on Tee Times USA, I guess they went private on Feb. 1st but are keeping a few relationships like theirs with Tee Times open for public to get on. It was 110 US, which is basically what we paid everywhere. The conditioning was fantastic and service was next level, plus we were one of like ten groups on the entire course.

Comment

More reason to go with ‘TeeTimesUSA’....
          Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
          SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

I've always had success using them for golf trips, nice and simple and prices are always just as good if not better than booking direct

Comment

My first time going ‘all in’ golf, condo and car. Easy Peasy bacon and cheesy!!
              Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
              SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by surette23 View Post

Booked it on Tee Times USA, I guess they went private on Feb. 1st but are keeping a few relationships like theirs with Tee Times open for public to get on. It was 110 US, which is basically what we paid everywhere. The conditioning was fantastic and service was next level, plus we were one of like ten groups on the entire course.
                Was that an after noon round at Tranquilo ? Teetimesusa.com has $190.65 till noon hour and then the rates go down.

Comment

You’ve definitely played some of the best courses that I’ve found (but not yet played) in Orlando.
                  http://www.teetimesusa.com/orlandos-best-tee-times

My buddies and I are headed to Orlando at the end of the month

We are already playing
                  • Disney Palm,
                  • Disney Magnolia,
                  • Hawks Landing (twice),
                  • Disney Lake Buena Vista (twice)

and trying to decide on which course(s) to play on Sat.
                  We are playing a morning and afternoon round.

Any thoughts on the better of these choices for the Saturday:

choice #1
                  morning: Grand Cypress North then South,
                  afternoon: Grand Cypress (2 of their remaining 9s – doesn’t matter which)

choice #2
                  morning: OCN Panther Lake
                  afternoon: OCN Crooked Cat

choice #3
                  Shingle Creek, Waldorf, Ritz-Carlton, Tranquilo, Falcon’s Fire
                  -- play two of them or twice the same course if travel between courses is too far

I guess the question boils down to … “are we missing any must-play courses if we go with choice #1 or choice #2 ?”
                  Thanks!

Comment

Tranquilo, our tee time was 12:10 or something but there was no one there so we hit the range and got off around 11:30. I have played the Ritz and the Waldorf and they are fantastic, Shingle Creek is very good and Falcon's Fire was just OK the last time I played but that was probably 7-8 years ago and I've heard it has improved substantially. Both the OCN courses are great, with Panther Lakes being slightly better of the two. Never played the Grand Cypress ones

Comment

Originally posted by christopher_pi View Post
                      You’ve definitely played some of the best courses that I’ve found (but not yet played) in Orlando.
                      http://www.teetimesusa.com/orlandos-best-tee-times

My buddies and I are headed to Orlando at the end of the month

We are already playing
                      • Disney Palm,
                      • Disney Magnolia,
                      • Hawks Landing (twice),
                      • Disney Lake Buena Vista (twice)

and trying to decide on which course(s) to play on Sat.
                      We are playing a morning and afternoon round.

Any thoughts on the better of these choices for the Saturday:

choice #1
                      morning: Grand Cypress North then South,
                      afternoon: Grand Cypress (2 of their remaining 9s – doesn’t matter which)

choice #2
                      morning: OCN Panther Lake
                      afternoon: OCN Crooked Cat

choice #3
                      Shingle Creek, Waldorf, Ritz-Carlton, Tranquilo, Falcon’s Fire
                      -- play two of them or twice the same course if travel between courses is too far

I guess the question boils down to … “are we missing any must-play courses if we go with choice #1 or choice #2 ?”
                      Thanks!
                      If you're playing Grand Cypress - Would recommend 'New' in addition to NS / The general gist is Panther Lake is better than Crooked Cat, but if you're there logistically makes sense to play (Crooked Cat is better on the ego for sure)...

Shingle is excellent, Falcon's did nothing for me a couple of year's ago, not played Ritz Carlton but would've if Waldorf was unavailable - REALLY loved Waldorf and excited for my return.

Heard Tranquilo is really good.

Finally, have enjoyed Champion's Gate in the past, but not in the best of shape last year when I played.

Hope this helps.

- Ian
                      Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                      SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Just returned on Saturday from a week down in the Orlando area and had a chance to play some of the courses mentioned above here so I thought that I would add my 2 cents worth. Just to add some insight, I approached TeeTimesUSA about a package deal but one of my partners found a GREAT place on VRBO so ended up doing everything on our own. I realize that they do all the legwork for you and can get you onto some partner courses but if you have the time to do the legwork yourself, you can save a LOT of money. We did. When I compared my self prepared package to theirs we save OVER $400 US each. Anyways, to bring added insight to some of the questions above, we played Grand Cypress (North/South) and found it to be a great combination for 18 holes. If the EAST or NEW course are similar, you can't go wrong. Booked our round for the afternoon rate at $81 through their own website. Also played Celebration, which we loved. Was able to get a RESIDENT rate through a contact for $79 starting at 1 pm. Great track, nice layout of holes and great conditions. the greens were dressed with a sand mixture due to the heat we were experiencing during our week there - 88 degrees on average each day - but it did not deter from the speed or quality of the greens. We also played Eagle Creek, which was in great shape but the last few holes you go through a bit of construction that is being done with new housing being put up but still s decent track. Paid $62 for a mid morning round through golf18network. The rest of our rounds consisted of Royal ST. Cloud on our first day down there. This one was booked through TeeTimesUSA and only cost $30. It also came with a $7 voucher for the Proshop which a couple of us used. Great way to start the trip and the course was in decent shape with good greens. Also played Panther Lake at OCN for $83US mid morning through an on-line special they had on their own website. We have always enjoyed OCN as it really is everything that others have stated here in the past. Our other round was at Falcon's Fire, which was in great shape from tee to Green, but some of the greens did have issues with either a disease or something that required areas of them to be top dressed with a green/turquoise coloured substance. Because we only paid $60 for a late morning round we found it to be just fine. If we had paid the usual $100 I would have been disappointed. Hopefully they will get them back in good shape with the nicer weather they have received recently.
                        To end this entry, with the 4bedroom 2500 sq ft house with HEATED pool for the week we got in Clermont, the six rounds of golf as noted above, plus a Toyota Sienna mini van with unlimited mileage WITH toll coverage, we paid $775 US each. Hope this info helps anyone else going down to the Orlando area in the next little while.

Comment

Glad your trip went well, awesome value - Avoided Falcon's Fire per our experience a couple of years ago as an aside.

Just goes to show there are many ways to get a good value in Orlando - Most years I've done VRBO, and it's always worked out well...

This time, just think the 'stars and planets' aligned and it was worth going with one provider for all, I'd always uses TTUSA for course bookings to great success, this year did it all with them and it's looking like the right way to go - This time.

I'm a big fan of convenience as I'm so busy at work these days, and this was as easy as 'point and click' for the most part. Who knows, next year it may be different and better to do otherwise...

Nobody knows!
                          Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                          SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Well.........I just finished playing 2 rounds in Orlando. Great weather.

7:03am start at Eagle Creek. Loved the course. Was foggy the first 5 holes and couldn't see more than 150yards. Have a great time and managed a 5 over 78 from the tips

Today we played Waldorf Astoria at 7:30am. What an unbelievable experience...the course is in great shape. Fairways and greens are so nice, and true. Also managed a 78 from the tips. A few holes can punish you if you are into the wind.

Overall, a great 2 rounds in Orlando.

Definitely recommend both courses....
                            Titleist 913d3 8.5 with tour ad di 7x
                            Tour Edge Exotics 13 degree cb5
                            Titleist 909H 17 degree
                            Titleist 714 CB with KBS tour X stiff
                            Cleveland rtx 588 black 52, 56, 60
                            Yes Sophia blade putter

Comment

Wow, sincere congrats on a 78 at Waldorf, from the tips!! Great round ...

Kind of funny, the place was so immaculate and the staff was over the top accommodating - One guy was gently prompting us to the practice green after a wonderful breakfast, and he whispered in a ‘Doc Graham’-like voice, “Please take your wedges, we allow chipping on to the practice green”...

My brother and I both said almost at the same time, “Are we in heaven??” ...

Waldorf is truly a Field of Dreams LOL!

- Ian
                              Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                              SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...