Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAKEWOOD SHORES IN MICHIGAN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAKEWOOD SHORES IN MICHIGAN

Just got back from another 'boyz' trip to Oscoda...

Really love the 3 courses (particularly 'The Gailles'), the staff does a great job, decent lodgings as well for a killer low price.

The key issues of the trip that usually occurs the same time every year (Victoria Day weekend) is the weather is a bit cooler in Northern Michigan than in Southern Ontario as it's right on Lake Huron, the drive is 5 hours from our base in Kitchener (South through Sarnia, crossing into the US at Port Huron), and north through Saginaw from there...

Great place to go to Golf and Golf only, nothing else around there and you play, eat, drink (and drink some more if you're some of the guys I was with) and sleep at the resort.

All good fun, and a great place to visit - Would recommend it for sure as always (My 3rd year).

Cheers,

- Ian

Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Heard great things about the place and their great deals.
    Did you get one of their "At Par" deals they advertise: http://www.lakewoodshores.com/index....adian-discount

Comment

Heading there in July for our yearly michigan trip. Will be my third time. It is a good place for a guys golf trip, but certainly not much else. Food onsite is decent and accommodations are okay. Prices great!

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
        Heading there in July for our yearly michigan trip. Will be my third time. It is a good place for a guys golf trip, but certainly not much else. Food onsite is decent and accommodations are okay. Prices great!
        Sums it up well!
        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

The place is tired, and the food is rough,
          It's for budget golfers that bring there own fun.

Comment

It's on Group Golfer today:

Click image for larger version  Name:	GGMichiganLSR.png Views:	1 Size:	279.8 KB ID:	2802987

Comment

Ive been many years ago, was always thinking about going back but read on here that the quality went down hill, pretty run down. Did you feel the same? at the time I really enjoyed The Gailes and Blackshire.
              In the bag:
              -TaylorMade R15 driver/ aldila nv 2kxv 65g x-stiff
              -Cleveland Classic 3 Wood strong 14*
              -TaylorMade Burner 2.0 5-PW irons
              -Nike Vr 58, 54, 52 deg. wedge
              -Custom milled putter from 303SS

Comment

Originally posted by Doba View Post
                Ive been many years ago, was always thinking about going back but read on here that the quality went down hill, pretty run down. Did you feel the same? at the time I really enjoyed The Gailes and Blackshire.
                Honestly, líve been 3 of the last 4 years and for bad or good itís been very consistent...

Iíve been on golf trips on the high-end and lesser, but for bang for the buck value Lakewood works, the Links-style course ĎThe Gaillesí is an award winner and deservedly so in my opinion.

Rooms are clean, beer is cold, food is basic but hearty and tasty for the most part...

Likely wouldnít take my wife, but for a decent boys trip where golf is the real focus canít be beat.

Cheers,

- Ian

Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

I did the 401 package a few years ago over the July 4 weekend. The 3 courses are all different and all very good. When you consider what you get for what you pay, it's a no-brainer. Sure, you have to leave the wives at home, but this isn't luxury with a spa and a pool, this is a guys' weekend - if you're not there for the golf and the beer, then don't go. My weekend at The Inn at Spanish Bay with my 4 rounds at Pebble, Spyglass and the Links at Spanish Bay was fantastic, but it was $3000 US and that was the price 25 years ago - I'm not doing that again any time soon.
                  The vacuum holds the key

Comment

Advanced Search

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 160,068   Posts: 1,683,267   Members: 45,221   Active Members: 298
                  Welcome to our newest member, NewerGolferNut1991.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

TGN Sponsors

Working...
                  X