Collapse

Pasatiempo

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasatiempo

Has anyone played Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz, if so, did you fly into San Jose, or San Francisco?

Originally posted by Sportsyard View Post
    Has anyone played Pasatiempo in Santa Cruz, if so, did you fly into San Jose, or San Francisco?
    I flew into San Fran but had a few days in the Santa Cruz area as well. There is a small airport in Santa Cruz with a few flights available from LA as I recall.
    The course is very underrated but has had some conditioning issues in recent years due to water restrictions, may want to check on that if it's important. Enjoy.

Comment

Played it a few times. Flew into SFO. You are going to have a lot more options out Of YYZ.

process is pretty simple to get a car and be on the freeway quickly. I think it’s just over an hour from the airport.

course is mint and was in great condition in May.

Comment

did you guys stay in Santa Cruz overnight?

Comment

I always played it in transit to/from Monterey or San Fran. I went down to the boardwalk in May and relaxed along the coast which I was nice. I think it would warrant 1-2 nights depending on schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedLefty View Post
            I always played it in transit to/from Monterey or San Fran. I went down to the boardwalk in May and relaxed along the coast which I was nice. I think it would warrant 1-2 nights depending on schedule.
            10/4, great info.

Comment

Flew into SF. Got an airbnb in Santa Cruz. Played Pasatiempo in the morning. Went down to the dock area in the evening. Great place with seafood restaurants and a drive-on dock. Eat dinner and watch Dolphins, seals etc in the ocean. Also nice downtown area with pubs and restaurants.

Comment

<Flying ro San jose will save close to an hour of driving time, its prob 30-45 min from San jose airport. Air canada goes direct to san jose, or just do a 1-stop trip via chicago or denver.
                In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                Cobra S3 5w
                TaylorMade R11 3w
                TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Armour V31 View Post
                  <Flying ro San jose will save close to an hour of driving time, its prob 30-45 min from San jose airport. Air canada goes direct to san jose, or just do a 1-stop trip via chicago or denver.
                  anything else worth playing around the San Jose + Santa Cruz area?

Comment

San Juan Oaks in Hollister, south of SanJose, I played it 20 years ago, but remember it fondly. It was a Fred Couples design company course. I have heard that Carmel, near Monterey is nice as well.
                    In Milpitas, near San Jose, both Summit Pointe and Spring Valley a quite good.
                    When I lived there for a year in 97/98, I often drove a while to get to courses so as to enjoy the views in the area.
                    In my Taylormade TMX Stand-bag:
                    Mizuno JPX 825 Pro DG R300 4 - PW
                    Scratch Golf 1018 50 & 56 SS;
                    Taylormade 58 degree lob wedge
                    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback
                    Cobra S3 5w
                    TaylorMade R11 3w
                    TaylorMade R11 Driver

Comment

Leaving in 2 weeks to play Pebble, Spyglass and Links at SB. Added Pasatiempo to the rotation while we’re there as I heard great things! Can’t wait to get down there. We are flying into San Francisco.

Comment

Well, Pasatiempo was always amazing sometimes they have discounts on GolfNow.

Comment

Pasa is awesome. I believe they were doing some minor construction on 1,2,3,4,7&9 tee boxes. I think they were only out of commission for a week, but might be worth checking in with the course.

pasa is one of my favorite courses I’ve played

Comment

Correct, they were working on the first 4 tee boxes when I was there last week and had temporary tees at the beginning of the fairway for those holes. They provided a discount to the green fee. Once they are done with those ones, they will move on to another 4 tee boxes until they are done.

The greens were a bit sandy and the rough still had plugs present from a recent aeration, but should be gone by the time you get there.

Enjoy as Pasatiempo is a special one in my books.

I basically did the same trip last week, except I started in San Diego at Torrey Pines North and South. Went to Pasatiempo next, then finished at Pebble playing those three (PB/Spy/SB).

Safe travels and hope you play well!
                            Last edited by Swingman; Oct 12, 2018, 03:48 PM.
                            Ping G410 Plus 9*/Accra TZ5
                            Ping 2014 Rapture 13*/Accra TZ6
                            Ping G410 17.5*/Accra TZ X275
                            Srixon Z565 3&4, Z765 5-P/Accra iCWT 95
                            Ping Glide Stealth 50SS+54ES/Accra Tour 100i
                            Evnroll ER2B 34”/370g
                            MGI Zip Navigator AT/Sun Mountain Teton

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard