Collapse

Best golf trip in Ontario

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post

That sounds like a great trip. Does Bigwin still allow non-members in June?
    Yes... I'm playing there June 1st. I think non-members are good until about mid-June if I remember correctly.
    Bag: PING Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Floral
    Driver: TM SIM2 MAX @ 10.5*
    Wood: TM SIM2 MAX @ 15*
    Hybrids: TM SIM2 22*
    Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW
    Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60*
    Putter: SGC WB Northwood
    Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

Comment

I've seen these come up on Kijiji now and then. Clublink Muskoka packages.

4 passes - 18 holes - Lake Joseph Club
      4 passes - 18 holes - Grandview Golf Club
      4 person - 1 night - Rocky Crest Golf Resort - group suite
      Expires June 30th 2019

Valued at $2,500. Looking for $2,000 OBO.
      Kindly send a message and I will promptly reply

Sorry i somehow cannot copy link but easy enough search. Make him an offer
      Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
      Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
        I've seen these come up on Kijiji now and then. Clublink Muskoka packages.

4 passes - 18 holes - Lake Joseph Club
        4 passes - 18 holes - Grandview Golf Club
        4 person - 1 night - Rocky Crest Golf Resort - group suite
        Expires June 30th 2019

Valued at $2,500. Looking for $2,000 OBO.
        Kindly send a message and I will promptly reply

Sorry i somehow cannot copy link but easy enough search. Make him an offer
        This one.....but at the bottom it says *Not valid on weekends on Holidays*

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tickets/barr...ationFlag=true
        Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

This one.....but at the bottom it says *Not valid on weekends on Holidays*

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tickets/barr...ationFlag=true
          Might be the same guy but different ad. This one does not mention weekend restriction.
          https://www.kijiji.ca/v-golf/city-of...tay/1432689433

EDIT: must be the same guy. It says 'contact Daniel' at the bottom of both
          Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
          Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by Steve1978 View Post
            We did a Niagara trip last August and we organized it through Niagara Parks. Hotel was average at best but great just to use as a home base, sleep and shower. It is quite a ways away from the main strip of Niagara. We played 4 rounds in total (1 at Grand Niagara, and 3 rounds at the 2 Legends courses - 1 was a same day replay that we had to pay an additional $35 per person for). We stayed 2 nights and payed about $430 a person and this included the 3 rounds of golf. Should have included a round at Whirlpool while there also - I guess we will have to go back to play it.
            Do you recall which hotel it was? Best Western Cairn Croft perhaps? That's the one I ended up at when I did the Parks Niagara Stay and Play package. But I believe you can opt for different hotels now, of course upgrading to Hilton Fallsview will turn the $430 a person into like $800 a person. But it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
              Parry Sound, Seguin Valley and the Ridge.
              We are there 2nd week of June.
              3rd yr in a row.
              +1 going up for the Tudhope at ParrySound June 7-9 Hoping to play The Ridge for the first time Thursday? Seguin is another Great Track as well ! I believe there was an Underpar for the Ridge 2 with carts for $99 plus Replay.

Comment

Originally posted by simmers View Post

I believe there was an Underpar for the Ridge 2 with carts for $99 plus Replay.
                Yup, all the courses up there have UnderPar this year, except Seguin (I guess they're super busy--more likely they don't care for the business model)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post

Yup, all the courses up there have UnderPar this year, except Seguin (I guess they're super busy--more likely they don't care for the business model)
                  2 players with replay for $100.
                  Buy on Seguin website.

Comment

Originally posted by LauzGolfer View Post

Do you recall which hotel it was? Best Western Cairn Croft perhaps? That's the one I ended up at when I did the Parks Niagara Stay and Play package. But I believe you can opt for different hotels now, of course upgrading to Hilton Fallsview will turn the $430 a person into like $800 a person. But it can be done.
                    Yes - this was exactly the hotel. Nothing fancy, has and Irish Pub, decent restaurants close by, but definitely not walking distance to the main attractions. They also offered us the opportunity to change hotels, but you are right as it drives the price way up....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve1978 View Post

Yes - this was exactly the hotel. Nothing fancy, has and Irish Pub, decent restaurants close by, but definitely not walking distance to the main attractions. They also offered us the opportunity to change hotels, but you are right as it drives the price way up....
                      The one thing I really liked about that Best Western was I had a courtyard room where the room opens up to the courtyard which has the pool area. That was kind of cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post

2 players with replay for $100.
                        Buy on Seguin website.
                        Good to know, not sure if we'll Jayhawker have time to get there tho

Comment

Played 36 at Parry Sound today.
                          Cart path only.
                          Course is pretty wet after the rain yesterday. Greens havent been cut in a couple days. Wasnt in pristine condition like previous trips .
                          Would avoid for at least a week with no rain.
                          The Ridge on Wed .
                          Last edited by kich; Jun 11, 2019, 10:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
                            Muskoka is the best by far, and its not even close
                            This is correct!

Deerhurst has some good rates until June 27, and then likely again in the fall. I think you can golf the little course for free after 4pm or something like that.
                            Book direct for lowest rates guaranteed! Our lakeside resort offers the best of Muskoka for affordable and fun-filled vacations year-round.

If you call and ask nicely, you might be able to play Grandview. It is directly across the street from Deerhurst.
                            Still waiting for the XL 4000s

Comment

I wouldn't rule out courses like Huntsville Downs (the front 9 was designed by Stanley Thompson) and/or the Rock. The GM at the Rock also owns/operates some cottages close to the course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X