Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orlando Golf Must Plays for Early August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Golf Must Plays for Early August

My family and I have been invited to head to down to Orlando to join another family for a vacation for one week Aug 3-10. We are staying in the Grande Lakes area (Marriott Lakeshore Reserve). We will be a twosome. Looking for recommendations for "must-plays" in Orlando and surrounding area at a relatively decent rate. Given the heat and humidity, our preference is obviously to play our rounds during the early morning. We are looking to add possibly 2-3 more rounds to our vacation, with the possibility of playing 36 in the same day. We are going to play the Ritz-Carlton course which is very close to the area we are in on Friday Aug 9th. Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!

Oh boy, it's not just gonna be hot, it's gonna be huuuuuumid. It's not bad there right now, but I've played golf there in August. We're talking 100% humidity. Soaking wet before you play your breakfast ball.

I would skip the Ritz-Carlton tho, it's decent, but way over priced. For that kind of money, play Waldorf or Disney Palm instead. Probably the best conditions of any track down that way.

Little bit below those tracks (at a relatively decent rate) would be:
    • Grand Cypress
    • Disney Magnolia
    • Orange County National
    • Championsgate Country Club (not the National or International)
    • Celebration
    • Eagle Creek
    It also depends on what kind of golf you like and how far you're willing to drive. Shingle Creek for example has tons of water, Harmony Golf Preserve has more wild life. Stonegate in Poinciana has the most gators I've ever seen, and Royal St Cloud has the widest fairways on earth (links style).

Search TGN for Orlando as we've posted extensive reviews on most of the courses in the area. I've played just about every one of them, so can give you more info once you decide which 3 to play. I have a big list of what NOT to play as well.

Oh, if you want great golf, you'll need to travel outside of the Disney area.
    Mission Inn and Red Tail in Sorrento are my new fav's.
    Greg

Comment

I played in July last year. I think I have reviews somewhere on TGN if u wanna read more.

Champions Gate Country Club is the one to play. Its an excellent course, amazing conditions and very well priced.

OCN is also a great track with amazing conditions.
      http://www.galagolfclub.co.uk

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 170,030   Posts: 1,777,729   Members: 46,476   Active Members: 288
      Welcome to our newest member, jaxon.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
      X