No announcement yet.
Collapse

Recommendation? 6-12hrs from GTA

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilton head. Great time of year. October/November weather is fantastic, island is dead (relatively speaking). Golf courses, restaurants and home rentals are empty and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
      Hilton head. Great time of year. October/November weather is fantastic, island is dead (relatively speaking). Golf courses, restaurants and home rentals are empty and cheap.
      One of my fav travel destinations but at 15 -16 hours doesn't meet the OP's criteria of 6-12 hr drive time
      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Pinehurst, Google says it's 12hr 44min.Very good variety of courses.

Comment

Originally posted by wrigley View Post
          Pinehurst, Google says it's 12hr 44min.Very good variety of courses.
          Agreed. An awesome place and worth extending the trip for. One of those “pure golf “ places.

what about Michigan Upper Peninsula, Traverse City and such? Never been but always heard great things.
          "Confusion" will be my epitaph
          ...Iggy

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

One of my fav travel destinations but at 15 -16 hours doesn't meet the OP's criteria of 6-12 hr drive time
            Drive fast?

Comment

Drive fast?
              I rarely do over 120 kmh and when I made this trip 8 years in a row it always took 15-16 hrs. We would do 10 or so hrs one day then stop for the night, usually in Beckley.

in our younger days have made it from TO to Myrtle in 13 straight drive....no desire to do that at this age
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Agreed. An awesome place and worth extending the trip for. One of those “pure golf “ places.

what about Michigan Upper Peninsula, Traverse City and such? Never been but always heard great things.
                October could be dicey - but the leaves would be nicey!
                Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

I rarely do over 120 kmh and when I made this trip 8 years in a row it always took 15-16 hrs. We would do 10 or so hrs one day then stop for the night, usually in Beckley.

in our younger days have made it from TO to Myrtle in 13 straight drive....no desire to do that at this age
                  I do it twice a year (return). On the way down we do it in two days, stop in Lake Norman, then have a 4hr drive from there (usually on a Saturday morning). On the way back we go straight. Pretty programmed stops and do it in 14 driving hours which takes 16 withstops.

Comment

Drive fast?
                    It's worth it!

Or Pinehurst, watched the US AM and made me want to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by High cut View Post

It's worth it!

Or Pinehurst, watched the US AM and made me want to go back.
                      Pinehurst is awesome too. Great time of year to visit either. Or both!

Comment

Lots just north of Detroit. Shepperd's Hollow and the Orchards are 2 great ones. I like Pine Trace as well. Many in this area at reasonable prices; even with exchange.

The Detroit Free Press' 2019 top 10 public golf courses include two new entries. Variety, great conditions and a touchscreen GPS system among highlights.

Comment

I am planning a couple options for my spring golf trip - similar to your requirement of no more than 12 hours away. Came up with three options

1) Wisconsin - Sand Valley (2 courses), Links at Lawsonia, Erin Hills
                          2) Pinehurst - No.2, No.4, No.8, Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Dormie Club, Tobacco Road
                          3) Michigan - Forest Dunes (2 courses), Arcadia Bluffs (2 courses), University of Michigan (2 courses), Ambassador (Windsor on the way back home)
                          It that a Titleist?

Comment

Pinehurst is awesome too. Great time of year to visit either. Or both!
                            Both!

It doesn't get much better than that combination.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShanksMcDuck View Post
                              I am planning a couple options for my spring golf trip - similar to your requirement of no more than 12 hours away. Came up with three options

1) Wisconsin - Sand Valley (2 courses), Links at Lawsonia, Erin Hills
                              2) Pinehurst - No.2, No.4, No.8, Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Dormie Club, Tobacco Road
                              3) Michigan - Forest Dunes (2 courses), Arcadia Bluffs (2 courses), University of Michigan (2 courses), Ambassador (Windsor on the way back home)
                              Depends on your budget. Wisconsin and Pinehurst are going to be pricey in the spring. If money is no object, then there may be more options.

Comment

Ocean City, Maryland is about 9-10 hours...about 30 courses to choose from and reasonable fall rates.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X