/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

NASHVILLE THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASHVILLE THE LAST WEEK OF MARCH?

Hey all,

Planning our regular spring getaway, and we were considering the usual spots in Florida, etc. when my wife (an avid country music fan) suggested she would like to go to Nashville along with our 2 oldest daughters...

Wondering a few things:
    • Looking at the week of March 30th - How is the weather in Nashville at that time of the year?
    • What is the public course landscape like in/around Nashville - Likely looking around $75 to just under a $100 for the 5 rounds I would likely play
    • Where would we stay that would have ideal proximity to the sites of the city, yet somewhat convenient to get 'dropped off' by my ladies at the recommended courses (likely looking to VRBO, Air BNB, etc.)

We're not completely sold on the idea, but I like the thought of doing something a bit different, and on a very positive note Air Canada flies direct from Pearson in Toronto so likely no golf club logistic issues.

Really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!

- Ian
    Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
    Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
    Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
    SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    SkyCaddie TOUCH

Ian, just to let you know, quite a few people from Kirkland Lake went to Nashville for some reason. Seams like a very popular place to go. Heard so many great things about the place. If you enjoy music it seems like a great place to go. Sorry can't help you with the golf part . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

My youngest daughter and her hubby live in Nashville. I'll get you some answers. Why not consider driving? I've done it a few times and it's a pleasant approximately 11 hour drive for you from Kitchener.
      BTW as your wife is a big country music fan she'll undoubtedly know him. (James Barker)

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
        Ian, just to let you know, quite a few people from Kirkland Lake went to Nashville for some reason. Seams like a very popular place to go. Heard so many great things about the place. If you enjoy music it seems like a great place to go. Sorry can't help you with the golf part . . .
        Yup. You could spend days just walking from bar to bar on Broadway listening to quite good live music.

Comment

Originally posted by davepratt View Post

Yup. You could spend days just walking from bar to bar on Broadway listening to quite good live music.
          if you consider Country good music
          "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Country music is in another part of town that we didn't bother visiting

Viva NashVegas!

Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

My youngest daughter and her hubby live in Nashville. I'll get you some answers. Why not consider driving? I've done it a few times and it's a pleasant approximately 11 hour drive for you from Kitchener.
              BTW as your wife is a big country music fan she'll undoubtedly know him. (James Barker)
              Should have thought of that also . . .

You will get all the infos . . .
              If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Hey Dave - Thanks!

She definitely has heard his stuff. We were in Barrie with some family and friends last night for NYE and I mentioned your reply and he is very well known to them (James is from Barrie apparently?)...

Appreciate you getting me some answers, sounds like we’re going to go regardless - BTW, I can get the 4 of us on flights via my Aeroplan points so likely flying will be our choice.

Cheers,

- Ian
                Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

So here is what I've gleaned so far from other forums, etc. in relation to Nashville Golf.

Convenience to Nashville's amenities:
                  • Gaylord Springs (20 min)
                  • Hermitage (2 courses - President's Reserve and General's Retreat) (25 min)
                  • Twelve Stones (20 min)
                  • The Legacy (35 min to the north of the city)
                  • Indian Hills (35 min to the south of the city)
                  Inconvenient to Nashville's amenities, but great golf:
                  • Greystone (45 min to the west of the city)
                  • Sewanee (9 Holes) (90 min)
                  • Sweetens (9 Holes) (1 hour 10 min)
                  Hearing the weather may be hit and miss, but being from southern Ontario, thinking likely a better chance of 'Hit' vs. 'Miss' 😉

In terms of accomodations, thinking VRBO/Air BnB, but looking for any recommendations from anyone that may have been to the city for golf or otherwise...

Hermitage has 'cottages' that may be suitable that I'll check out: https://www.hermitagegolf.com/lodging

Thank you all so much!

Cheers,

- Ian
                  Last edited by tarrantian; Jan 1, 2020, 08:48 PM.
                  Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                  SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Hi Ian. Hermitage is apparently great. I don't know if you are a member here at a private course but if you are maybe your pro can get you on Old Hickory or Belle Meade. They are fantastic from what I'm told.

Comment

As far as weather, I went there in February and we had a couple days of 15-16 Celsius and a few days around 5. So I imagine in March it should be a whole lot warmer. Not sure if it would be the rainy season or not.
                      http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=914402

Comment

Thanks Guys - My trip is now confirmed for Mar. 28-Apr. 2 and would agree the odds of warmer temps are likely in my favour (Rain may be an issue as well so it will be a bit of a 'crap shoot' when all is said and done, but I'm going to give it a try as .

Hoping to get 4 rounds in so wish me luck weather wise, likely focusing on Hermitage (They have 2 18's), Gaylord Springs and another called Harpeth Hills (The latter 2 may fall off the list is the 2 18's at Hermitage are good enough to play twice each as it's the most convenient).

Don't belong to a private club, so unfortunately the private options are off the table. The consensus on other forums is privates are the best, but the aforementioned public tracks will do the trick.

Cheers,

- Ian
                        Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                        SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                          Thanks Guys - My trip is now confirmed for Mar. 28-Apr. 2 and would agree the odds of warmer temps are likely in my favour (Rain may be an issue as well so it will be a bit of a 'crap shoot' when all is said and done, but I'm going to give it a try as .

Hoping to get 4 rounds in so wish me luck weather wise, likely focusing on Hermitage (They have 2 18's), Gaylord Springs and another called Harpeth Hills (The latter 2 may fall off the list is the 2 18's at Hermitage are good enough to play twice each as it's the most convenient).

Don't belong to a private club, so unfortunately the private options are off the table. The consensus on other forums is privates are the best, but the aforementioned public tracks will do the trick.

Cheers,

- Ian
                          I will be in Nashville later in April, let me know which course you liked best. We have been looking at Gaylord Springs and the Hermitage courses as well.

Comment

Trips, I’ve recently heard Gaylord is being renovated...

Based on a few factors, being down with my family, not wanting to travel too far, etc. I’ll likely stick to the 2 courses at Hermitage for the 4 rounds I’m hoping to get in.

I understand there are better courses (see the 3 ‘inconvenient’ I listed earlier) as well as private options if you are connected, but Hermitage will be it for me likely.

I’ll let you know details around conditions, quality , etc. Upon my return.

Cheers,

- Ian
                            Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
                            SkyCaddie TOUCH

Comment

Originally posted by tarrantian View Post
                              Trips, I’ve recently heard Gaylord is being renovated...

Based on a few factors, being down with my family, not wanting to travel too far, etc. I’ll likely stick to the 2 courses at Hermitage for the 4 rounds I’m hoping to get in.

I understand there are better courses (see the 3 ‘inconvenient’ I listed earlier) as well as private options if you are connected, but Hermitage will be it for me likely.

I’ll let you know details around conditions, quality , etc. Upon my return.

Cheers,

- Ian
                              Thanks Ian! The website says renovations are to be completed March 14, if that changes anything for you. Hope you and your family have a great time!

Comment

Collapse

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Topics: 177,396   Posts: 1,865,403   Members: 47,842   Active Members: 371
                              Welcome to our newest member, kpran.
                              Collapse

Today's Birthdays

There are no members with birthdays today.

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Working...
                              X