Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

where are you going to travel to play after Corona?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chambokl View Post

The guys (and girls) here have little shack with beds, satellite TV, wood stove, actual holes inside, . . . it is like being in their living room. When cutting a hole the have to add an extension to the auger as the ice could be 7 to 8 feet deep . . . again probably more solid that your living room floor . . . Have fun in Kissimmee, I would rather fish there also . . . if I would fish.
    I do get it J-G, but I just can't get my head around cutting a hole in ice while I'm standing there! Maybe if I had grown up with ice fishing, it would be a different story. But the only ice that we had down there was in mixed drinks and sno-cones (we call them snow-balls!)
    Heck, we didn't have ice hockey until well after I left home!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

• Originally posted by goshawk View Post

Not for me my friend. As much as I love fishing, my brain just won't allow me to step out onto a block of ice that may or may not be safe, then allow someone to cut a hole into it!! Even if I wanted to spend all the money for an immersion suit, I just don't relish the idea of going for a swim in water that's below freezing!!
      I much prefer my idea of towing my boat down to Kissimmee and floating around some of the hundreds of open water lakes in the area.
      A decade ago I spent a week cycling and golfing up around Lake Apopco.

I know it's kinda the wrong direction from Orlando vs. Kissimmee, but I'm wondering if you've ever had a chance to fish it and what it was like.

From a distance it appears to be perpetually choked with algae bloom, but... maybe there's lunkers hiding in that.

Have you been there?
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

A decade ago I spent a week cycling and golfing up around Lake Apopco.

I know it's kinda the wrong direction from Orlando vs. Kissimmee, but I'm wondering if you've ever had a chance to fish it and what it was like.

From a distance it appears to be perpetually choked with algae bloom, but... maybe there's lunkers hiding in that.

Have you been there?
        No, I've never been to that particular lake. When I'm in that area, I tend to stick mostly to the reclaimed phosphate pits like Lake Marion, or the last trip was mostly in Lake Toho and Lake Kissimmee. Most of the lakes are very clear, but there's a ton of vegetation growth like Hydrilla, lily pads and milfoil (not much algae) so from the road it looks more like a swamp than a lake. But there's acres of open water just beyond what may be seen from the road, enough for me to run at full throttle across the lakes(although you shouldn't do it at night like I did if not familiar with the area or run the risk of hitting a patch of Hydrilla and getting stuck for 2 hours!!). And you're correct, that's ideal habitat for a healthy fish population. It generates a lot of oxygen in the water. Lots of big bass in all of those waters.
        U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

• Hoping to go to Boston area and then west to Banff and central BC.
          " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
          Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
          Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
          Ping i20
          MacGregor response
          Snickers tour bag
          Pro V1

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post
            Bandon booked for March 2022
            Just had to cancel

Comment

• Hope to head out east sometime this summer to visit family and of course play some golf. Missed going the past 2 years for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishGuy1979 View Post

Just had to cancel
                That sucks

I have a trip to Hilton Head in late March that I hope to still be able to do.
                Our Bandon Dunes trip is not until mid summer so fingers crossed it will be a go.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X