So much for the idea of Driving to Cabot Links/Cliffs

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for the idea of Driving to Cabot Links/Cliffs

Just saw this report about Cabot closing on September 27

I have been holding on to the fantasy the travel restrictions would ease and I could load the clubs in the trunk for a Fall drive East. The ominous part of the report was the note Cabot is booking for 2021 to accommodate the cancellations from this year. Sounds like tee times will be hard to come by as they work through this backlog!
    Golfers would normally play until after the Celtic Colours music festival ends in October, but with border restrictions on Ontario and international tourists, the courses' main markets have been shut down.
    PING G 10.5 Tour Stiff
    PING G 5 Wood Tour Stiff
    PiNG G 3 Hybrid Alta Stiff
    Mizuno MP-54 4-PW S-300
    Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 60*
    PING Sigma 2 Anser
    Chrome Soft X

Thanks for the heads up. I was pretty confident they weren't going to open their bubble when they passed by August and even September 1st.
    I have submitted an inquiry for next year. Planning on going in October and don't want to miss out.
    It that a Titleist?

Comment

I bet next year they will be booked solid, assuming the pandemic is over by then, given the number of people who didn't get there this year. I am hoping to get there in 2022.

Comment

We had a group booked for October this year. I called back in May to make a 2021 reservation just in case this year didn’t work out. We only canceled our 2020 reservation in mid August once the bubble wasn’t opened.

always make the reservation in advance as you can cancel and get a refund 30 days out if you need too.

Comment

Had plans to play Bandon Dunes. Not happening due to the border shutdown. It could happen if I wanted to fly, but that more than doubles the cost and travel time is longer with connecting flights, airport waits and driving from Eugene, car rentals, extra hotel nights etc. I hear you, COVID bites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
            Had plans to play Bandon Dunes. Not happening due to the border shutdown. It could happen if I wanted to fly, but that more than doubles the cost and travel time is longer with connecting flights, airport waits and driving from Eugene, car rentals, extra hotel nights etc. I hear you, COVID bites.
            Eugene is a cool little town. My advice when you go: don’t skip it. Go spend a half day there, or see if you can find a way onto Eugene Cc

Comment

I feel the pain of these closures!!!
              " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
              Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
              Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
              Ping i20
              MacGregor response
              Snickers tour bag
              Pro V1

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse