Collapse

Whitetail Eganville

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitetail Eganville

Anyone played this course and if so how is it.

Maybe some comparisons to a few GTA courses.

Thanks

Originally posted by Netz View Post
    Anyone played this course and if so how is it.

Maybe some comparisons to a few GTA courses.

Thanks
    I played it a few times years ago. It is a solid course, very enjoyable. I also found it in reasonable condition for a "rural course". One of the best golfing values IMO.

Hard to compare to GTA off the top of my head, but maybe similar to Dragon's Fire in layout and difficulty.

Comment

Friends just played it / weeks ago and raved about it. Always heard good things. I haven’t had the opportunity to play it.
      MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

I have played it several times. It is a good rural course. Keep your expectations on the low side. I do not agree with the opinion above that it is as good as Dragons Fire. But it is definitely worth a play if you're in the vicinity and is probably the second best course in the general area, after Renfrew GC.

Comment

Originally posted by midlifecrisis View Post
          I have played it several times. It is a good rural course. Keep your expectations on the low side. I do not agree with the opinion above that it is as good as Dragons Fire. But it is definitely worth a play if you're in the vicinity and is probably the second best course in the general area, after Renfrew GC.
          except Renfrew's greens are a disaster this year. Whitetail is in great shape

Comment

How late is Whitetail typically open,mid-October.

Comment

Played it many times. Only once this year. The course has some tough holes and some quirky ones.
              #3 - tough long par 4. I don't know why but it gets me every time.
              #5 - tough long par 4 with a hazard down the left and forced carry to the green over cattails making it hard to see the approach
              #6 - quirky par 4. Tee is elevated to a landing area and then the green is elevated to the left. It's like a 5i, GW.
              #7 - Probably the toughest hole on the course. dog leg right par 5 through the trees. You can't really go farther than 220-230 off the tee and then there is still more dogleg to the green.

#9 and 10 are nice holes.

11-14 will be a bit a of breather. Short par 4s and a short par 3. 14 is a blind tee shot over a mound (dream you're in Ireland) and I usually hit 5i to the end of the fairway.
              15/16 are nice downhill holes.16 is a grip and rip.
              17- downhill par 3
              18 - shorter gettable par 5 to finish.

I walk but there are some steep climbs that make me question my decision.

It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

How late is Whitetail typically open,mid-October.
                depends on the weather. Lots up here are open until Nov 1, others are when the snow hits the ground.

Comment

I have a friend and his wife from NB, we usually meet in the New England states around Thanksgiving stay at a nice place and play a few rounds, saw this place and thinking of it.

Any other suggestions around Eastern Ontario.

Comment

I have a friend and his wife from NB, we usually meet in the New England states around Thanksgiving stay at a nice place and play a few rounds, saw this place and thinking of it.

Any other suggestions around Eastern Ontario.
                    Around Renfrew? As mentioned, Renfrew and Whitetail are the best. Dragonfly in Renfrew is decent, not as nice as the others. Can you narrow down Eastern Ontario? It's a big area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

Around Renfrew? As mentioned, Renfrew and Whitetail are the best. Dragonfly in Renfrew is decent, not as nice as the others. Can you narrow down Eastern Ontario? It's a big area.
                      Along the St Lawrence, KIngston to Cornwall, or up towards Pembroke.

Comment

Along the St Lawrence, KIngston to Cornwall, or up towards Pembroke.
                        Smugglers Glen in Gananoque would be my first choice. Equinelle in Kemptville is another great choice. Brockville as well is another great course.

Comment

Smugglers Glen (Gananoque)

Oaks of Cobden (Hwy 17 Cobden)
                          It's not the wand. It's the wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by The McCleery Crow View Post
                            Oaks is not in the greatest of shape either this year.

Comment

Loch March in Carp, ON? Maybe not quite in your geographic zone but only about 45 minutes from Renfrew ...

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X