Collapse

Best Golf Resort

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

There are almost no 36+ hole Public Courses in Ontario. Only if Osprey's plan is to build a resort, would that be considered even a start.
    If Osprey does a resort similar to what you see in Northern Michigan then I would consider it a true resort. You want at least 36 holes of golf, accommodation, food etc. Ideally you never have to leave the resort or get in your car once you unpack your bags. Garland resort is a good example as well as Treetops, although Treetops you have to drive to the north clubhouse for the bulk of the courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobogo View Post
      Might only be me but I don't have extra money to pay the inflated prices at golf resorts for food drinks spa etc. Just did a guys weekend in Parry Sound played Oak Bay w cart for $70 and Parry Sound GC with cart for $65 and free replay. Airbnb in Parry Sound 4 guys split the $180 so $45 each home owners had a putting area and hitting net in the back yard. LCBO for beverages and fish and chips pick up for Saturday dinner (Habs game 6 win lol) Add $30 for gas to my buddy who drove. All in under $300.

Might even do it again in the fall.
      Why wait that long, Oh forgot y'all got ask the wives.
      Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Originally posted by 4underthru9 View Post

Why wait that long, Oh forgot y'all got ask the wives.
        Thats funny! I'm completely spoiled on the home front. I gotta much much better half. I won't speak for the other 3.

Comment

Just looking at Lakewood Shores(the only one I've been to in Michigan). TPC would need to build at least 150 rooms and only charge around 100 per person per day for golf and accomodation. Can this be done at that price point? Possibly a bit higher(I will concede that the courses at TPC are better). It is funny that both sites have a links style, parkland and Pine Valley-ish course.
          TPC would also have to provide a cost effective eating area, as there is nothing else around the course, unlike Lakewood Shores.
          Adding an 18 hole WeeLinks would be a good bonus too.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
            Does Ontario even have any true golf resorts ? They have resorts with golf courses as an activity but can't really think of any that would be classified as just a golf resort. Examples would be Monterra, Deerhurst, Taboo and some of the CL properties.

Others like MBay and Bigwin have rentals but are not golf resorts.

Once TPC builds their accommodations it will be no doubt be that and the best.
            Not really.. lol, when I think of "golf resorts" I think Pebble, Pinehurst, Bandon. Plenty of accommodations, 5-6 different courses.

Deerhurst has 2 courses with accommodations.
            Cabot same as Deerhurst.

Comment

Never been is this a golf resort https://www.nottawasagaresort.com/golf-nottawasaga.html How are the courses? Which is the better? Thanks

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
              X