Collapse

Weekend golf trips during winter

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend golf trips during winter

Hey folks, I will be a free man this winter (rest of family spending some time in Asia) and am looking forward to take some golf trips to beat the weather here. However, I don't want to use too many of my vacation days so the trips would have to be short. Something like depart super early on Friday and come back late on Sunday. Get three rounds in at the destination.

Considering this tight schedule, where can I go? Ideally it'd be a direct short flight and courses are near the airport. I'm thinking Orlando is one option, which other cities should I look into?

January to April time frame.

January and February you likely want to choose mid-South Florida to ensure good golf weather. That said I have been to South Carolina in February and golfed with day time temps from 40 to high 60's but it is hit or miss. March and April you can go as close as Virginia ...I did a Virginia Beach golf trip in March and it was sunny and shorts weather. The Carolinas are fantastic as well that time of the year.

I am doing Hilton Head in March and would love to sneak away in the dog days of February as well if the covid situation permits
    "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Ft Lauderdale

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

mrclutch31, Did you know that Porter Airlines flies direct to Myrtle Beach from March through May?
          Swing slow, walk fast

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawktim View Post
            mrclutch31, Did you know that Porter Airlines flies direct to Myrtle Beach from March through May?
            Yes, but I think they halted this line during Covid.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X