Collapse

Best places to play in US mid Jan

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best places to play in US mid Jan

Was thinking of going down to the US soon for a week or 2 mainly to play golf but would like to do a few other non golf related activies as well. Any suggestions?

Would be flying solo out of Toronto. Don't have a set budget (don't mind paying decent $ for a really nice course but I like value as well) The places I've come up with on my own so far are:

Phoenix/Scottsdale
    Tampa
    Vegas
    Southern California

Arizona can be hit and miss in January. Could be 60 F or could 35 F. However, it tends to warm up by mid day. Tampa can be very cool in January. If you want to go to Florida maybe consider the Naples area as it is further south. Lots of good tracks there, e.g. Raptor Bay, Old Corkscrew. Vegas? Forget about it. Way too cold. Nearly froze my cohones there in Noivember a few years ago. Southern Cal, e.g. Palm Springs might work too.

Comment

Head to Fort Lauderdale- drive over the border n fly out of Niagara Falls airport- even cheaper that way

Comment

There is nothing worse than going on a short golf trip and having cold weather that makes playing no fun or cancels the round. Minimize the chances of that and pick the place with the warmest average temperatures.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Yeah fort myers was one of the places I was considering. Looks like phoenix weather isn’t too bad 18-19 degrees Celsius. Florida certainly warmer.

Comment

Do you have access to privates?

Jupiter is elite if you do. If not maybe Orlando?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan151 View Post
              Yeah fort myers was one of the places I was considering. Looks like phoenix weather isn’t too bad 18-19 degrees Celsius. Florida certainly warmer.
              Ive been to Phoenix a couple times in late January / early February. It is usually quite fine for golf. Temps will be in upper 60's on average but it can get quite cool at night and there is possibility of frost in some areas which can mess with plans if you want to play 36.

the great thing about Phoenix is rain is infrequent. I think in 20 or so visits have never missed a round due to rain, maybe a couple delays. We had snow in January once at higher elevations just N.

absolutely LOVE Phoenix, best golf destination on the planet IMO....January will be pricey with anything decent being big $$$$
              "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I've been to the Phoenix / Scottsdale area about a dozen times for golf, usually in mid November. At that time of year, I have experienced temperatures from 4 C to about 25 C. You will find the nights and early mornings quite cool as Weirfan suggested. Regarding rain... I have only been rained out on one occasion and boy it was a doozy of a storm. Out of about 80 rounds over the years, I have experienced 6 frost delays.

Comment

Orlando would be my choice going solo in January...besides the numerous golf choices and restaurants...there is Disney-Universal, and the beach towns/Cape Kennedy Space Centre are not too far a drive away.

Comment

Fort Myers, Naples area. basically anything Orlando and south

Comment

Hawaii -
                      Jan 65.7°F 80.4°F
                      plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Comment

Palm Springs area would be my choice, it's mid 20's for the high and low double digits for the lows this week...

Comment

This place in fla - beats me up but I like it
                          https://jacarandagolfclub.com/?utm_s...um=Google_post

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X