No announcement yet.
Collapse

Gaylord Michigan

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was at Treetops last week. The accommodations are dated but fine for a guy's golf trip. Courses are tough but fun. The Masterpiece is one of the harder courses I have played, and I would say three of the 4 are pretty tough. I finally broke 90 on it this year and shot an 89. Managed to play the whole round and the next round on The Tradition without losing a ball, which to me is pretty impressive IMO! lol
    Pretty good deal at Treetops. $668 US (which included breakfast two mornings) for 5 rounds over three days. You can add the Threetops par three for $50 bucks. It is worth it as it is a fun par three. My Buddy got a hole in one on the 7th of the par three, the same hole that Lee Trevino won a million bucks on doing the same.

Food on site is decent but not great. Gaylord has gotten bigger so there are other food options if you want to get off-site. We never did that as we were drinking some beers most of the time.

The course overviews on the website do not do justice to the undulating terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by 51Phantom View Post
      Was at Treetops last week.

I was at Treetops in the 90's, really enjoyed it. There were not many courses like that around as it predated the Muskoka courses.

Comment

Was at Treetops last week. The accommodations are dated but fine for a guy's golf trip. Courses are tough but fun. The Masterpiece is one of the harder courses I have played, and I would say three of the 4 are pretty tough. I finally broke 90 on it this year and shot an 89. Managed to play the whole round and the next round on The Tradition without losing a ball, which to me is pretty impressive IMO! lol
        Pretty good deal at Treetops. $668 US (which included breakfast two mornings) for 5 rounds over three days. You can add the Threetops par three for $50 bucks. It is worth it as it is a fun par three. My Buddy got a hole in one on the 7th of the par three, the same hole that Lee Trevino won a million bucks on doing the same.

Food on site is decent but not great. Gaylord has gotten bigger so there are other food options if you want to get off-site. We never did that as we were drinking some beers most of the time.

The course overviews on the website do not do justice to the undulating terrain.
        Treetops is looking like our top choice right now. I think we will be arriving Wednesday evening, playing Thursday - Saturday, and playing the Par 3 Sunday morning before driving home.

If we were only going to play 3 of the 4 18s which one would you recommend skipping? Also, I see online that some of the courses are located off site a few minutes away. Does the resort offer any sort of transportation to and from the main property, and is there a cost?

Any other insight you have on the resort as a whole would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by zshereck View Post

Treetops is looking like our top choice right now. I think we will be arriving Wednesday evening, playing Thursday - Saturday, and playing the Par 3 Sunday morning before driving home.

If we were only going to play 3 of the 4 18s which one would you recommend skipping? Also, I see online that some of the courses are located off site a few minutes away. Does the resort offer any sort of transportation to and from the main property, and is there a cost?

Any other insight you have on the resort as a whole would be greatly appreciated!
          Most people would say skip The Tradition. I think this course is under rated but I would still probably say skip that and play the Signature, Premier, and the Masterpiece for the experience. It is very different golf than in ontario. Play from the right tee's, play shorter yardage rather than longer if you are not sure. The courses play LOOONNNGGG

Yes, most of the courses are at Treetops north. it is a short 5-7 minute drive. I do not believe they offer a shuttle, but you may want to ask them. They should offer it!

Accommodation is nothing special, the resort is fairly dated but the courses are in great shape and fun to play if you play from the right tees.

Comment

Most people would say skip The Tradition. I think this course is under rated but I would still probably say skip that and play the Signature, Premier, and the Masterpiece for the experience. It is very different golf than in ontario. Play from the right tee's, play shorter yardage rather than longer if you are not sure. The courses play LOOONNNGGG

Yes, most of the courses are at Treetops north. it is a short 5-7 minute drive. I do not believe they offer a shuttle, but you may want to ask them. They should offer it!

Accommodation is nothing special, the resort is fairly dated but the courses are in great shape and fun to play if you play from the right tees.
            Thanks for this!!

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
            X