Collapse

Driving to Myrtle Beach.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving to Myrtle Beach.

Contemplating with the guys to go down by car to MB end of Feb or early March, but having hard understanding what i need (documents, tests) to get there and get back. Whats needing at US customs going there and whats needed at CAN customs coming home? Can't find simple info on Gov sites. Yes we are all double vax'd.
    Has anyone experienced this recently or know the steps to take? is it as complicated as it seems or am i reading to much into? Don't want to book and get screwed out of deposit, if unsure.
    itching to go, since we missed out on last year.

My younger daughter just returned to her home in Los Angeles. All she needed was her Passport, work Visa and proof of double vaccination to show DHS at the airport. For you coming back I have read you will need your Passport, double vaccination proof AND a negative test with the results within 72 hours of your arrival at the Canadian border. Some of this of course could change before March. Keep diligent on the changes.
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 9.5* , Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom King Cobra F9 14.5*,Accra FX 140 2.0 M3
    TXG Custom Cobra King Ltd. 5-wood 17.5*, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom T. Made SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2
    TXG Custom Mizuno CLK 23*, Tensei Red CK 60 R
    TXG Custom Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-pw, 1* up, Recoil E460 R + 1/2"
    TXG Custom Mizuno T20, 50/07, 56/10, 60/07, Nippon 950H Neo
    TXG Custom PXG Brandon, 34.5"

Comment

Canadian Border Services is your Go-to source

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services.../menu-eng.html
      Brampton

Comment

Originally posted by rgk5 View Post
        My younger daughter just returned to her home in Los Angeles. All she needed was her Passport, work Visa and proof of double vaccination to show DHS at the airport. For you coming back I have read you will need your Passport, double vaccination proof AND a negative test with the results within 72 hours of your arrival at the Canadian border. Some of this of course could change before March. Keep diligent on the changes.
        Ya i found it easier getting to the US based on info. That’s my confusion "test with the results within 72 hours of your arrival at the Canadian border”. So what do I stop at the local CVS and pick up a covid test just before i cross border back into Canada? I never did a test yet. Also hearing something about these tests costing $$ and is there a standard (authorized) test i have to take?

Comment

I returned to Canada on Dec30 from down south. You need the Arrive Canada App, your vaccine documents loaded onto the app, passport and never hurts to have hard copies. You also need a PCR test with in 72 hours of crossing. I had thought i did the app correct however I didnt get the QR code. Fortunately the Customs officer did the app for me at the both. Other than that it wasn't to bad. The testing is the issue.
          " the only shots you can be dead sure of are those you've had already."

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
          Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
          Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
          Ping i20
          MacGregor response
          Snickers tour bag
          Pro V1

Comment

ya already looked at this site https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/services.../menu-eng.html
            Sort of get lost in it. Not really a 1, 2, 3 step. Most concern on coming back

Comment

Originally posted by tacks451 View Post
              I returned to Canada on Dec30 from down south. You need the Arrive Canada App, your vaccine documents loaded onto the app, passport and never hurts to have hard copies. You also need a PCR test with in 72 hours of crossing. I had thought i did the app correct however I didnt get the QR code. Fortunately the Customs officer did the app for me at the both. Other than that it wasn't to bad. The testing is the issue.
              Thanks, very helpful for someone who's done this run already, but this PCR TEST. How do i get it? Do i have to bring it with me from Canada or do i purchase it in the States? Any idea the cost? Sorry since all this started, I've never done one test yet.
              Also just read on Gov site "All travellers require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test" is this the same as PCR test?

Comment

I had a test at Walgreens in Hilton Head, drive up with appointment. Did it two days before i left and they email you results ;-)
                No charge like here in Canada.

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                Ping i20
                MacGregor response
                Snickers tour bag
                Pro V1

Comment

We crossed at Ambassador Bridge and they didn't even ask for the vaccine docs. Was so great to get away!! I may go back in Feb.

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                  Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                  Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                  Ping i20
                  MacGregor response
                  Snickers tour bag
                  Pro V1

Comment

You also need to seriously consider the possibility (probability?) that policies from either the Canadian and/or U.S. governments could change in response to how the pandemic evolves over the coming months. So, nothing is carved in stone.

That said, if you're driving then you probably have more options in the event travel restrictions are imposed.

Comment

Originally posted by tacks451 View Post
                      I had a test at Walgreens in Hilton Head, drive up with appointment. Did it two days before i left and they email you results ;-)
                      No charge like here in Canada.
                      So just make appt. at Walgreens/CVS for test prior to hitting the road home and the results are given to you instantly?
                      Will have to stay on top of border changes as Benz said

Comment

Originally posted by vanguard13 View Post

So just make appt. at Walgreens/CVS for test prior to hitting the road home and the results are given to you instantly?
                        Will have to stay on top of border changes as Benz said
                        Further on this. I just came home from Florida last week.
                        2 day Drive
                        Booked a PCR test with a local CVS (online) on the week prior to hitting the road back to Canada
                        Got our appt for the Monday (one day before departure)
                        -drove up to the CVS drive thru window, they handed us the pcr test kits and explained how to do it, sticking it in our nose for 15 seconds, breaking the swab off and dropping it in the solution, then placing in the drop box fridge they have at the window)...ya it made us sneeze
                        HIt the road to come home on Tuesday morning
                        Day 2 of the drive home (Wednesday) we recieved our (NEGATIVE...whew) test results sent to our email
                        Showed the Customs guy at the border our results Wednesday evening as we crossed back into Canada.
                        AND........the test was FREE!...We gave them our address where we were staying in Florida when we filled out the online info.
                        addicted to G.

Comment

We did the same thing go to CVS with an appointment you make on line give the address where you are staying and it should be no charge. They send your results in an email Smart Health Check do it 48 hrs before you leave so it will give you lots of time for the short drive home. Did this for MB in November and Florida in December download the ArriveCan app to your phone

Comment

Just like this its easy!!!(Moe Norman Voice) still baffles me why its $250 in Canada???? Bill Blair lining his pockets!!!!!

Originally posted by Phnert View Post

2 day Drive
                            Booked a PCR test with a local CVS (online) on the week prior to hitting the road back to Canada
                            -drove up to the CVS drive thru window, they handed us the pcr test kits and explained how to do it, sticking it in our nose for 15 seconds, breaking the swab off and dropping it in the solution, then placing in the drop box fridge they have at the window)...ya it made us sneeze
                            Day 2 of the drive home (Wednesday) we recieved our (NEGATIVE...whew) test results sent to our email
                            Showed the Customs guy at the border our results Wednesday evening as we crossed back into Canada.
                            AND........the test was FREE!...We gave them our address where we were staying in Florida when we filled out the online info.

WHATS IN THE BAG

Ping I20 9.5 stiff
                            Sonartec 2.5 3/5 woods
                            Mcgregor hybrids 3,4,5
                            Ping i20
                            MacGregor response
                            Snickers tour bag
                            Pro V1

Comment

Originally posted by Phnert View Post

2 day Drive
                              That’s what I wanted to hear! Doesn’t sound that bad. I’ll accept all that for a week of golf right now. Fingers crossed the border policy doesn’t change.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X