Collapse

Ontario affordable stay and play?

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post
    Just saw Cobble green fees after May 16 are $247 with tax.
    would not say that is anywhere remotely affordable , at least not in my world
    Far too high, but now that the housing development is nearly built out I suspect they will go private-ish at some point in the not too distant future. A similar model to Muskoka Bay and elsewhere, where green fees are prohibitively high unless you do a stay and play or are a member.
    10 degree Cobra Fly-Z+ / Matrix White Tie 55X4
    16 degree Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 / Fujikura Speeder 865
    20 degree Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid / MR JavlinFX
    4-AW Nike Vapor Pro Combo / DG Pro

54, 58 degree Ping Glide / CFS
    Ping Anser Redwood

Srixon ZStar XV

Comment

^^^ That’s the plan for Lora Bay too. Once more housing is built and the membership is fuller, they plan to go fully private within a few years. Aside from the initiation fee, the current annuals for myself and wife, including F&B and HST is $12,000. That’s a lot of dough for a semi-private experience. Even though I now live in LB, I’m on the wait-list but will not be joining as a don’t find the course that interesting. At least I can use my wait-list deposit in the restaurant and pay-as-you-go green fees. I’m perfectly happy golfing Batteaux as my daily go-to course up this way.
      🍍 2023 WITB 🍍​
      Bag | Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
      Ping G430 Max 12* | Miyazaki Kusala Black 61x
      Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway | Evenflow White 60S
      Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid | Evenflow White 90S
      Edel SMS Pro 5-PW | Steelfiber i110cw-S
      Edel SMS GW & LW | Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter | Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip
      Grips | All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Risky84 View Post

Agreed , it’s underrated for sure .. Greg Shaw and the Cowans do a great job - I also believe their stay plays include food at the clubhouse? Good value 100%
        Not sure as I've always stayed in one of the rental campsites and now recently have access to one of the park trailers, but the Cowen family are great people and great golf course owners. The golf course I always say is like a poor man's Stanley Thompson and always kept in nice shape and reasonably priced.

Comment

Although they are not on the same property the Millcroft Inn & Spa is less than 10 minutes from TPC Osprey Valley. The Millcroft generally has buy in from spouses who are non-golfers, and Osprey's 3 courses provide a great golfing experience.

I am a big fan of Muskoka golf but understand that it can be very pricey, particularly once the bugs have largely died off.

Collingwood and the Niagara region both have many options.

Kingston/Prince Edward County now have options. Some have already been mentioned but you might also add Loyalist G&CC and Picton Golf Club.​

Comment

Originally posted by ARL67 View Post
            ^^^ That’s the plan for Lora Bay too. Once more housing is built and the membership is fuller, they plan to go fully private within a few years. Aside from the initiation fee, the current annuals for myself and wife, including F&B and HST is $12,000. That’s a lot of dough for a semi-private experience. Even though I now live in LB, I’m on the wait-list but will not be joining as a don’t find the course that interesting. At least I can use my wait-list deposit in the restaurant and pay-as-you-go green fees. I’m perfectly happy golfing Batteaux as my daily go-to course up this way.
            Interesting. Might have to scratch that off the bucket list asap.
            Titleist Tsi2 9* - PXG 0341XF 16* - PXG 0317XF 19/22* - P770/P7MC 5-PW - Zipcore 50/54/58 - LAB Link

Comment

Originally posted by CRobertson View Post

Interesting. Might have to scratch that off the bucket list asap.
              If you have not played Lora Bay, play it, nice course, maybe doesn't suit some as a home course but worth playing. Maybe not as good as Georgian Bay, better than Batteaux and I love the 15th hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Over Par View Post

If you have not played Lora Bay, play it, nice course, maybe doesn't suit some as a home course but worth playing. Maybe not as good as Georgian Bay, better than Batteaux and I love the 15th hole.
                Agree, don't compare LB to Batteaux, no contest.
                It will be private in a couple of years, as ARL67 said at an initiation of $42K and annuals at $12K for a couple, it is not in everyone's snack bracket.

Comment

Would be nice if Oslerbrook was still Semi-Private. That course was a gem
                  Driver: Ping G410 Plus
                  Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
                  Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
                  Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
                  Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
                  Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
                  Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Originally posted by arogal View Post
                    Would be nice if Oslerbrook was still Semi-Private. That course was a gem
                    Played there, feels like 15 to 20 years ago, real nice course, enjoyed it over Monterra or Cranberry, but prefer Lora Bay or Georgian Bay.

The one thing I most remember was I had on a pair of golf shorts, but they had those cargo pockets on them, and they made me buy a new pair of shorts, lol, said cargo shorts not allowed.

Comment

If you don't mind a bit of a drive Smugglers Glen wicked which is about 3 hours from GTA in the Thousand Islands area.
                      They have reasonably priced stay and play packages. 2 nights in a Riverview Cottage, 2 rounds, two $35 dinner credits, and 2 breakfasts. $600 prime time weekend.
                      The golf course wicked. They have a pool you can hang out at as well once done golf.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus
                      Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3 Wood
                      Hybrid: Ping G425 3 Hybrid
                      Irons: Mizuno Pro 245 KBS Tour 120S
                      Wedges: Ping Glide4 50.12, Ping Glide4 54.12, Mackdaddy 58.10
                      Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4
                      Ball: TM TP5

Comment

Originally posted by arogal View Post
                        If you don't mind a bit of a drive Smugglers Glen wicked which is about 3 hours from GTA in the Thousand Islands area.
                        They have reasonably priced stay and play packages. 2 nights in a Riverview Cottage, 2 rounds, two $35 dinner credits, and 2 breakfasts. $600 prime time weekend.
                        The golf course wicked. They have a pool you can hang out at as well once done golf.

https://glenhouseresort.com/golf/packagesstay/
                        Smugglers is great ! Have been several times and planning again this summer.

Resort is a bit rustic and tired but it's a beautiful spot.
                        The golf course is one of my favs , so much fun.

For a golf trip they do have 3 cottages with 2 bedrooms with 2 beds and a full bathroom in each as well as a small kitchenette and a living room and small outdoor patio. We have rented these and it's reasonable. Can also catch some nice fish right off the dock a few steps away.
                        "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                          Although they are not on the same property the Millcroft Inn & Spa is less than 10 minutes from TPC Osprey Valley. The Millcroft generally has buy in from spouses who are non-golfers, and Osprey's 3 courses provide a great golfing experience.

I am a big fan of Muskoka golf but understand that it can be very pricey, particularly once the bugs have largely died off.

Collingwood and the Niagara region both have many options.

Kingston/Prince Edward County now have options. Some have already been mentioned but you might also add Loyalist G&CC and Picton Golf Club.​
                          2nd the partner/spouse buy-in w/Millcroft.

The Nest @ Friday Harbour could be an option as well. Plenty of AirBnBs at Friday Harbour. They have a spa and some nightlife. Nest is a nice course. Abour $180/$200 per round IIRC.

Comment

I think this is a great deal . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	3766774
                            If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Chambokl View Post
                              I think this is a great deal . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	638.5 KB
ID:	3766774
                              Considering that green fees are $265 plus tax that is a fantastic deal !!

Comment

Originally posted by prov86 View Post

2nd the partner/spouse buy-in w/Millcroft.

The Nest @ Friday Harbour could be an option as well. Plenty of AirBnBs at Friday Harbour. They have a spa and some nightlife. Nest is a nice course. Abour $180/$200 per round IIRC.
                                $195/round plus taxes peak times. That's about $70 too much , IMO for this course but it's a resort course so commands a premium.

Friday Harbour isn't a bad spot , some good eats but for the $299/ day price JG posted above I would 110% play and stay at Muskoka Bay instead. Wayyyyyyyy better course.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X