Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turnberry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turnberry

Anyone ever play there.......

I heard its really nice, but a short course.........

Have played there a few times, not this year though so I don't know about conditions. But I can say that in the past, in pretty good shape, many holes are trickier than they look. Quite a few greens look like "potato chips". It is a short course, all par 3's except for #1 and #18 which are par 4's where you can hit a driver if you want. Good deal for the money. The clubhouse restaurant is pretty good too.
    My Weapons of Grass Destruction:
    Titleist TS2 10.5*
    Titleist 906F4 15.5*
    Titleist 910H 21*
    Titleist 716 AP2 4-P
    Vokeys 200 52.08, SM7 56.14 F, SM7 60.08 M
    Odyssey Black Series 3
    Round white things with a bunch of dimples and dents and scrapes

Comment

Quite a few of the Par 3 are strong holes. My only criticism is the pace of the greens was slow in my experience I suppose due to heavy play. If the greens were quick, I would strongly recommend as a place to test your short game

Comment

I always enjoy playing there. If they have let the vegetation surrounding the holes grow in, forget about finding errant balls though. Thick and nasty.
        TM M2 D-type 9.5 Accra CS1 70
        TM Jetspeed tour 19* Accra CS1 80
        TM Speedblade 3 iron Accra proto
        TM M2 tour 4-pw Accra ICWT 95
        Callaway X-Forged 52, 56, 60 Pro Modus3 105
        Nike method MC3i

Osprey Valley Century Club
        100 holes - May 2, 2016

Comment

I played there. Nice course. Great for practising your short game, you'll get to use most of the wedges, irons and hybrids in your bag with so many varying length par 3s. A few greens really promote accuracy like the one that's got two plateaus with a huge valley bisecting the middle.

Like others have said if your ball goes OB it's gone.

Comment

When I played a couple rounds there a month ago (First time playing there) I was super impressed. Very good shape and nice looking course. It is the only par 3 short course I would play.

Comment

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 170,000   Posts: 1,777,288   Members: 46,469   Active Members: 296
            Welcome to our newest member, kylegolfer.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...
            X