Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

This is extra text with a test link..

Register Now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feedback system is flawed. Go back to old itrader rating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benz
    replied
    Would it make sense to have the following protocol?
    1) Buyer and seller negotiate the terms in private;
    2) Once all of the terms are agreed upon, the seller posts them on the item thread;
    3) Once the deal is concluded, both buyer and seller make posts confirming that the terms were fulfilled, or not (and why).

This would avoid a lot of backpedaling (on either side) when a deal goes bad.
    The terms would be posted up front for all to see, therefore it would be clear to future buyers/sellers if deals were honoured.

Based on my experience in business, nothing cuts out the crap quite like committing agreements to paper.

Leave a comment:

• Pingeye2_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

does this make sense though? What if I agreed to buy something from someone, set up a time, and they the seller bailed and next thing I look and it's marked sold? I would want to leave feedback on that seller.
    Great point!

Leave a comment:

• Jeffc
    replied
    Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

Yeah I'd agree on this. There should be some way to block it so that feedback can only received from a buyer-seller relationship. Maybe have it work like a notification system? Where once an item is closed the buyer is required to tag who it was sold to on here in some auxiliary system and the seller then gets a notification of this. I noticed myself I had accidentally clicked negative just through scrolling as my cursor had hovered over it.
    does this make sense though? What if I agreed to buy something from someone, set up a time, and they the seller bailed and next thing I look and it's marked sold? I would want to leave feedback on that seller.

Leave a comment:

• Phatchrisrules
    replied
    Originally posted by brownboi View Post
    Ok well unwarranted negative feedback should be removed then when done “by accident” or by non interested buyers. Makes no sense
    Yeah I'd agree on this. There should be some way to block it so that feedback can only received from a buyer-seller relationship. Maybe have it work like a notification system? Where once an item is closed the buyer is required to tag who it was sold to on here in some auxiliary system and the seller then gets a notification of this. I noticed myself I had accidentally clicked negative just through scrolling as my cursor had hovered over it.

Leave a comment:

• Air_Bear
    replied
    Ok well unwarranted negative feedback should be removed then when done “by accident” or by non interested buyers. Makes no sense

Leave a comment:

• nubbie
    replied
    AFAIK members can't actually view who's given feedback to someone other than themselves and for what sale so I agree it's completely worthless as is.

Leave a comment:

• TrGo
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback! It's a new system so there will certainly be some hiccups that we can hopefully navigate together and improve upon. Unfortunately there is no iTrader plug-in available, so that isn't an option.

Leave a comment:

• Feedback system is flawed. Go back to old itrader rating

As title says. I keep receiving feedback either by accident or from posters who have no interest in the sale. I’ve gotten both positive and negative from said parties. This feedback system is pretty useless for sales, the itrader rating worked. It’s been a year plus. Can we get it back or turn this feedback thing off.

Join The TGN Email List

Collapse

Recently Joined

Collapse

Topics: 172,564   Posts: 1,802,484   Members: 46,981   Active Members: 252
Welcome to our newest member, guostong.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

TGN Sponsors

Working...