Collapse

Feedback system is flawed. Go back to old itrader rating

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback system is flawed. Go back to old itrader rating

As title says. I keep receiving feedback either by accident or from posters who have no interest in the sale. I’ve gotten both positive and negative from said parties. This feedback system is pretty useless for sales, the itrader rating worked. It’s been a year plus. Can we get it back or turn this feedback thing off.

Thanks for the feedback! It's a new system so there will certainly be some hiccups that we can hopefully navigate together and improve upon. Unfortunately there is no iTrader plug-in available, so that isn't an option.
    Toronto Golf Nuts

Comment

AFAIK members can't actually view who's given feedback to someone other than themselves and for what sale so I agree it's completely worthless as is.

Comment

Ok well unwarranted negative feedback should be removed then when done “by accident” or by non interested buyers. Makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by brownboi View Post
          Ok well unwarranted negative feedback should be removed then when done “by accident” or by non interested buyers. Makes no sense
          Yeah I'd agree on this. There should be some way to block it so that feedback can only received from a buyer-seller relationship. Maybe have it work like a notification system? Where once an item is closed the buyer is required to tag who it was sold to on here in some auxiliary system and the seller then gets a notification of this. I noticed myself I had accidentally clicked negative just through scrolling as my cursor had hovered over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

Yeah I'd agree on this. There should be some way to block it so that feedback can only received from a buyer-seller relationship. Maybe have it work like a notification system? Where once an item is closed the buyer is required to tag who it was sold to on here in some auxiliary system and the seller then gets a notification of this. I noticed myself I had accidentally clicked negative just through scrolling as my cursor had hovered over it.
            does this make sense though? What if I agreed to buy something from someone, set up a time, and they the seller bailed and next thing I look and it's marked sold? I would want to leave feedback on that seller.
            MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

does this make sense though? What if I agreed to buy something from someone, set up a time, and they the seller bailed and next thing I look and it's marked sold? I would want to leave feedback on that seller.
              Great point!
              Ping G410 Plus 10.5*
              Ping G410 3W 16*(17*)
              Ping G400 7W 20.5* or 3H 19*
              Ping G400 4H - 22*
              Ping G400 5 - UW
              Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
              Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
              Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
              Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Would it make sense to have the following protocol?
                1) Buyer and seller negotiate the terms in private;
                2) Once all of the terms are agreed upon, the seller posts them on the item thread;
                3) Once the deal is concluded, both buyer and seller make posts confirming that the terms were fulfilled, or not (and why).

This would avoid a lot of backpedaling (on either side) when a deal goes bad.
                The terms would be posted up front for all to see, therefore it would be clear to future buyers/sellers if deals were honoured.

Based on my experience in business, nothing cuts out the crap quite like committing agreements to paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

that's happened to me more that a few times here over the years, including recently. I've also had several instances where a person agreed to sell me something at said price and I was going to pick it up at a more convenient time , say in a couple days or on the weekend and then get a note that they got a higher offer and sold it for more. These are douchey moves to me . These have been a topic of discussion and that I have raised in those discussions. The feedback " first to show the money wins" and that a seller 's prerogative to sell an item for as much as they can get. I call it welshing on a deal. It happened not long ago on a car that we saw, negotiated price and agreed upon doing the deal....was very disappointing because we had made arrangements to sell the current vehicle we had, even took a down payment that we returned in full and had to disappoint somebody else that we had committed to in addition to losing the vehicle.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

Interesting since the new site came to be I have no idea feedback still existed. As in no clue how to leave or view said feedback. Didn't mind the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

that's happened to me more that a few times here over the years, including recently. I've also had several instances where a person agreed to sell me something at said price and I was going to pick it up at a more convenient time , say in a couple days or on the weekend and then get a note that they got a higher offer and sold it for more. These are douchey moves to me . These have been a topic of discussion and that I have raised in those discussions. The feedback " first to show the money wins" and that a seller 's prerogative to sell an item for as much as they can get. I call it welshing on a deal. It happened not long ago on a car that we saw, negotiated price and agreed upon doing the deal....was very disappointing because we had made arrangements to sell the current vehicle we had, even took a down payment that we returned in full and had to disappoint somebody else that we had committed to in addition to losing the vehicle.
                      Sorry to hear that you've had trouble more than once with a deal being broken.

I would think that publishing the terms of the deal would prevent that sort of thing.
                      It may happen once, but not much more than that if people can't trust the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble more than once with a deal being broken.

I would think that publishing the terms of the deal would prevent that sort of thing.
                        It may happen once, but not much more than that if people can't trust the seller.
                        Not to say my proposition was perfect, as I hadn't thought of the circumstance Jeffc brought up. However, I'm just wondering if people would bother going through the ordeal of all that you suggest. I can imagine it could turn into a gripe fest if the buyer noticed a minute scratch on the bottom that isn't visible except for a microscope and then posts a negative.

Is there perhaps a way to make it like eBay (without all the work) where both buyer and seller have a separate landing page of items bought that the feedback can go through? I'd imagine it's a lot of work to design but it would protect both buyer and seller from uncalled for negative feedback in the form of uninterested buyers as what happened to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatchrisrules View Post

Not to say my proposition was perfect, as I hadn't thought of the circumstance Jeffc brought up. However, I'm just wondering if people would bother going through the ordeal of all that you suggest. I can imagine it could turn into a gripe fest if the buyer noticed a minute scratch on the bottom that isn't visible except for a microscope and then posts a negative.

Is there perhaps a way to make it like eBay (without all the work) where both buyer and seller have a separate landing page of items bought that the feedback can go through? I'd imagine it's a lot of work to design but it would protect both buyer and seller from uncalled for negative feedback in the form of uninterested buyers as what happened to the OP.
                          Perhaps you're right, but I think it's worth a pilot trial. I wanted to come up with something that would work using only the existing technology so that there's no cost to the website.

My understanding is that most deals go bad because the specific terms of the deal are misunderstood or ignored by one or both parties, or one party just bails out because of a better deal with someone else. I don't think it would be too much work for the seller to issue a post on the specific item BST thread, mainly on the assumption that the negotiations were done via PM and therefore the final message text could be pasted into a post. If the post is not accurate, then the buyer has an opportunity to correct it before the deal is executed. As I mentioned, this open approach to defining the terms of a deal would largely eliminate the "he said / he said" situations about where, when, what and how much.

Comment

The way I go about selling in general is the first person who shows up with the money/e-transfer is the person who gets the item, and I wouldn't expect any different when buying on here unless specifically requesting a hold or putting a deposit down in Weirfan 's case. I've wasted too much time on "dibs" and "holding" stuff for people who don't show up or suddenly lose interest. If I've had good experiences in the past with people I know to be trustworthy that's a different story.

Benz I think the community would be able to self-police this without this feedback system (of course a more advanced system would be helpful). Someone who habitually breaks the terms of a deal and/or posts inaccurate information or pictures I think would eventually be called out sooner rather than later.

When it comes to scratches or other damage not mentioned, you ARE meeting in person... you can feel the club, look at it up close and even swing it if you're in an open area. But most exchanges I've had as a buyer or seller involve a hello, handshake and maybe a cursory glance at the club/bag/whatever and last a minute or two at the most.

This has never happened, but: as a seller if the buyer finds something wrong and I feel I've accurately described the club through photos or text, there is absolutely no room for negotiation in person if we've already agreed on a price. Similarly if I'm a buyer and feel the seller hasn't described the club's condition accurately, I won't ask for a lower price, I just won't buy it.
                            Last edited by nubbie; Dec 13, 2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Glad I’ve started a reasonable discussion on the matter. I’ve experienced all said issues of no shows, last second mind changes etc etc. BST on old site was phenomenal, things in general went far smoother and there was definitely a lot more traffic. TgN has heavily regressed across the board but especially the BST. Hoping we can turn it around though.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X