Collapse

Feedback system is flawed. Go back to old itrader rating

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nubbie View Post
    The way I go about selling in general is the first person who shows up with the money/e-transfer is the person who gets the item, and I wouldn't expect any different when buying on here unless specifically requesting a hold or putting a deposit down in Weirfan 's case. I've wasted too much time on "dibs" and "holding" stuff for people who don't show up or suddenly lose interest. If I've had good experiences in the past with people I know to be trustworthy that's a different story.

Benz I think the community would be able to self-police this without this feedback system (of course a more advanced system would be helpful). Someone who habitually breaks the terms of a deal and/or posts inaccurate information or pictures I think would eventually be called out sooner rather than later.
    Understood.

I would think that if the terms of a deal were posted for all to see and either party doesn't honour the terms then another post could be made stating why the deal didn't go through.

The key part is that expectations of both parties are made public BEFORE the deal goes through.

Comment

I'm sure some people don't want what they're buying/selling on here and for how much to be broadcast to the world indefinitely, especially the ones with spouses! The blockchain-like approach is a bit much for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Benz View Post

Understood.

I would think that if the terms of a deal were posted for all to see and either party doesn't honour the terms then another post could be made stating why the deal didn't go through.

The key part is that expectations of both parties are made public BEFORE the deal goes through.
        I don't think there is any way you can get anyone to post the terms or enforce them doing so.
        MEMBER OF THE 2012 AND 2015 RYDER CUP CHAMPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffc View Post

I don't think there is any way you can get anyone to post the terms or enforce them doing so.
          Fair enough. I didn't expect that it would be a policy/rule to be enforced, but instead a protocol to be followed voluntarily.

Comment

Sad to see all my feedback is gone, but happily surprised to see this place is still here.

Comment

Any update on a real deal itrader rating. Great simple system. Really miss it.
              Last edited by Guest; Apr 16, 2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brownboi View Post
                Any update on a real deal itrader rating. Great simple system. Really miss it.
                From what we can track online, it looks like the developers behind iTrader haven't been updating it for a few years now so there would be no release in the pipeline for vBulletin 5. We are also tracking a new developer who has made something for vBulletin 5 that looks promising, but it's been stuck in "beta" mode for some time now.
                Toronto Golf Nuts

Comment

• This reply by par72 has been deleted by grasbunkers

Until you pick an item up it’s not yours. If you offered someone less than asking and arranged a time convenient for you why should the seller back off a higher offer picked up sooner?

Im not gonna pass up on $$$ so then you can go MIA and I’m sitting with me thumb up me bum cuz I did a nice thing. I think every seller has this happen to them a few times before they realize until cash in hand item isn’t sold.

As far as feedback goes, the old system was a joke too as no one would leave negative feedback and when they did it turned into a massive *****fest in a new thread. I’ll agree that anything is better than this nonsense currently tho.

Originally posted by Weirfan View Post

that's happened to me more that a few times here over the years, including recently. I've also had several instances where a person agreed to sell me something at said price and I was going to pick it up at a more convenient time , say in a couple days or on the weekend and then get a note that they got a higher offer and sold it for more. These are douchey moves to me . These have been a topic of discussion and that I have raised in those discussions. The feedback " first to show the money wins" and that a seller 's prerogative to sell an item for as much as they can get. I call it welshing on a deal. It happened not long ago on a car that we saw, negotiated price and agreed upon doing the deal....was very disappointing because we had made arrangements to sell the current vehicle we had, even took a down payment that we returned in full and had to disappoint somebody else that we had committed to in addition to losing the vehicle.
                Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                X