New to TGN & Richmond Hill!

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to TGN & Richmond Hill!

Hey Folks!- Happy New Year,

Stumbled across this great forum a few months ago after moving to Richmond Hill. Wow, I gotta say there's tons of golf out this end of the city. Golfed daily as a child, took 12 years off- and fell back in love with it 2 years ago after an elbow replacement. The game has changed immensely since I took a break and it's amazing to come back thinking course management.. rather than killing the ball (like I did as a kid).

My wonderful girlfriend bought me a unit and membership at Mill Run, in Uxbridge. I'm very excited to call that my home course, and will continue to get out to other courses in the area for personal and business use.
    I look forward to participating in this wonderful TGN platform, and possibly playing a few rounds with some of you!

All the very best,
    -nm

Welcome to the group
    Driver - Cleveland Classic 290 - 10.5- Miyazaki Stiff -- Taylor Made Burner 3 and 5 wood
    23* and 26* Adams Idea Tech hybrids both with Fubuki 65HY S
    6 - W - Srixon Z 745 - Dynamic Gold S300
    52* - 56* Cobra Tour Trusty
    Scotty Cameron GoLo #7 --- Kia Ma Imola 8

Comment

Originally posted by cuonthe1t View Post
      Welcome to the group
      Thank you kindly!

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Has your game changed at all after the surgery?

Comment

Welcome to the Nut Bunch!!
          U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by xXgunnrXx View Post
            Welcome to the forum! Has your game changed at all after the surgery?
            Thank you so much! Yes, it definitely did. I had my ulner collatoral ligament (golfers elbow) replaced as I was a baseball player (pitcher) and had Tommy John Surgery. I had a 1.5 years of serious physic and still have small issues with power at full extension. I'm certainly getting use to it, and relying on other forms of torque and power from my core and lower limbs.
            I'm excited for the season ahead, and I know for a fact that once I leave the golf show next month- I'm going to want it to be April! haha. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by goshawk View Post
              Welcome to the Nut Bunch!!
              Thank you!! Appreciate the welcome.

Comment

Glad to have you here with us. Welcome to the forum!

By the way, new guy here as well! Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, treating my Pomeranian to his dog bone and watching TV with my wife. Such a simple, yet, happy life. Cheers, everyone!
                Last edited by Owentive; Jan 29, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nmclaren View Post
                  Hey Folks!- Happy New Year,

Stumbled across this great forum a few months ago after moving to Richmond Hill. Wow, I gotta say there's tons of golf out this end of the city. Golfed daily as a child, took 12 years off- and fell back in love with it 2 years ago after an elbow replacement. The game has changed immensely since I took a break and it's amazing to come back thinking course management.. rather than killing the ball (like I did as a kid).

My wonderful girlfriend bought me a unit and membership at Mill Run, in Uxbridge. I'm very excited to call that my home course, and will continue to get out to other courses in the area for personal and business use.
                  I look forward to participating in this wonderful TGN platform, and possibly playing a few rounds with some of you!

All the very best,
                  -nm
                  You got some special lady there buying you a membership at a golf club. Most GFs and wives would rather you gave up your membership and spend more time around the house lol.
                  Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
                  Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Welcome to the Nuts Golf I mean Golf Nuts

Comment

You Guys are all too kind- Thank you for the welcoming! I'm certainly learning a lot just reading through the information on this forum- it's great! Hope to see more at the Golf Show (I'm going on the Friday afternoon).

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
                      You got some special lady there buying you a membership at a golf club. Most GFs and wives would rather you gave up your membership and spend more time around the house lol.
                      HA! Thanks, I am definitely blessed. She know's that Golf has been a great mechanism to clear the mind for me since getting back into it. She got into golf 2 years ago as well, so I'll have her on the Academy course a bunch of times this year. Can't wait for the summer!

Comment

Welcome aboard!! You'll find a great deal of good conversations here !! Do you play simulators during winter? there a couple of good places where to keep swinging around Richmond Hill
                        When you play, do it with Passion....

Comment

Originally posted by latin_divot View Post
                          Welcome aboard!! You'll find a great deal of good conversations here !! Do you play simulators during winter? there a couple of good places where to keep swinging around Richmond Hill
                          I played the golf lounge 2 weeks ago. It was my first time at the sims and I must say, I was disappointed. Sadly, the putting wasn't working. It would count strokes but would only catch it sometimes. -I never thought I'd get a 20 on a par 3!!! They finally came in and said there must e something wrong haha. Do you have one you favour up in the end of town? Thank you for the kind welcoming words.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X