Collapse

Greetings from The Briars Golf Club

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from The Briars Golf Club

Hey all, I've recently taken on the role of Marketing Coordinator here at The Briars Golf Club, and thought what better place to engage with the community than right here on TGN. We're a small private club located in Jacksons Point (about an hour north of Toronto). I look forward to contributing to the conversations here, getting feedback on our course and marketing initiatives as well as extending some special offers and invitations to the TGN community.

Who's ready for the upcoming season?
    The Briars Golf Club is a premier private club, located in Jacksons Point on the shores of Lake Simcoe.

www.briarsgolf.com

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome to TGN. I've had the pleasure of playing Briars a few times. I think it was on Underpar. If there are other ways to get on there let us know.
      Member of 2012, 2013, 2015 TGN Ryder Cup Team
      Member of 2014 OG Ryder Cup Team

Comment

Originally posted by BriarsGolf View Post
        Hey all, I've recently taken on the role of Marketing Coordinator here at The Briars Golf Club, and thought what better place to engage with the community than right here on TGN. We're a small private club located in Jacksons Point (about an hour north of Toronto). I look forward to contributing to the conversations here, getting feedback on our course and marketing initiatives as well as extending some special offers and invitations to the TGN community.

Who's ready for the upcoming season?
        That's an understatement!!!!! Haven't touched a club since November 4th & itching.

We're a reciprocal, so will need to get out there this year.

Oh yes welcome.....

Comment

Originally posted by nearace View Post
          Welcome to the forum.
          Thank you Sir.
          The Briars Golf Club is a premier private club, located in Jacksons Point on the shores of Lake Simcoe.

www.briarsgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by gimmeabogey View Post
            Welcome to TGN. I've had the pleasure of playing Briars a few times. I think it was on Underpar. If there are other ways to get on there let us know.
            Thanks for the warm welcome. Currently, the course is available to members, guests of members as well as guests of our neighbouring resort, The Briars Resort and Spa. I'm thinking of organising a 'TGN Day' in early spring, to give access to anyone here interested in experiencing our facility. Stay tuned for more details on that as I get them dialed-in.

www.briarsgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by golfingtime View Post

That's an understatement!!!!! Haven't touched a club since November 4th & itching.

We're a reciprocal, so will need to get out there this year.

Oh yes welcome.....
              Thanks for the message. The reciprocal program is an AWESOME thing!

Let me know when you plan on visiting and I'll be sure to welcome you and your group. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've played.

The season will be here before we know it. Start your pre-season warm up!

www.briarsgolf.com

Comment

Welcome to TGN.
                The Briars is a course that I have always wanted to try. Check another Thompson (the front 9) of my wish list. Would walk alongside some of the holes when we would go to the restaurant at the hotel/resort.

One of the great regrets of my life was not taking part in one of the Peter Gzowski Tournaments when I had the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dailey View Post
                  Welcome to TGN.
                  The Briars is a course that I have always wanted to try. Check another Thompson (the front 9) of my wish list. Would walk alongside some of the holes when we would go to the restaurant at the hotel/resort.

One of the great regrets of my life was not taking part in one of the Peter Gzowski Tournaments when I had the opportunity.
                  Thanks for the response. Let's find a way to get you up here this coming season. As I mentioned above, I'm looking to put together a TGN day, so hopefully that's something that will work for you.

As you mentioned, we're quite proud of the course design. Mr.Thompson did a great job incorporating the natural surroundings into an excellent course layout.

www.briarsgolf.com

Comment

Had the pleasure of playing there 6 or 7 yrs ago. Really enjoyed it.
                    Very interested in playing again.
                    Welcome to the site.

Comment

Haven't played the Briars in over 30 years. Won a junior tournament there in '86 or '87. I still remember hitting a perfect 5 wood on one hole --- iirc, the one that goes along Black River Road.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Currently, the course is available to members, guests of members as well as guests of our neighbouring resort, The Briars Resort and Spa. I'm thinking of organising a 'TGN Day' in early spring, to give access to anyone here interested in experiencing our facility. Stay tuned for more details on that as I get them dialed-in.
                        A TGN day would be great. I would love another shot at the course. I got out there 2 years ago with springintogolf but the course ended up very wet. Loved the layout though.
                        I send pictures ~ through the mail ~ of buried treasures ~ and Humpback whales ~to famous people ~ I do not know ~ I sign "Sincerely, ~ Matthias Doe" ~ I await ~ their response...

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                          Cobra King F7
                          Cobra Bio Cell+ 12.5
                          Cobra Bio Cell+ 16*
                          Cobra Amp Pro 6-AW + KBS C-Tapers S
                          Cobra Tour Trusty Dual (56/60)
                          Bettinardi Studio 6

Comment

Thanks for the response. Let's find a way to get you up here this coming season. As I mentioned above, I'm looking to put together a TGN day, so hopefully that's something that will work for you.

As you mentioned, we're quite proud of the course design. Mr.Thompson did a great job incorporating the natural surroundings into an excellent course layout.
                            That would be a great idea! Welcome aboard!!

Comment

Originally posted by kich View Post
                              Had the pleasure of playing there 6 or 7 yrs ago. Really enjoyed it.
                              Very interested in playing again.
                              Welcome to the site.
                              Thanks for the response and the welcome. Sounds like you're due to pay us another visit. Hopefully we can make that happen this season, I'm sure you'll notice some course improvements since last time you visited.

www.briarsgolf.com

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                              X