Collapse

New to Toronto - want to play more

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Toronto - want to play more

Hey all! Mid thirties guy from Australia here, moved to Toronto a couple of years back but STRUGGLE to find people to play with in the city. Why's it so hard to get out as a single in this country?

Anyways, would love to find people to play a round with. I'm pretty flexible and can do super early starts, twilight or weekends. Play to single figures on a good day, which there's aren't enough of lately! Can drive, will travel 1hr or so from downtown for a round.

Looking forward to playing more golf.

Thanks

Join a club, maybe? Good way to get to meet lots of golfers. Normally attractive membership packages for 30 somethings?

Comment

Originally posted by scottik187 View Post
      Hey all! Mid thirties guy from Australia here, moved to Toronto a couple of years back but STRUGGLE to find people to play with in the city. Why's it so hard to get out as a single in this country?

Anyways, would love to find people to play a round with. I'm pretty flexible and can do super early starts, twilight or weekends. Play to single figures on a good day, which there's aren't enough of lately! Can drive, will travel 1hr or so from downtown for a round.

Thanks
      You could join GTA Amateur Tour: https://gtaamtour.com/

Comment

Joining a club or league is a good way to go.

But playing as a single is possible. I supplement rounds with friends by going to the Toronto Munis and Remington Parkview.

They accept single bookings and you can do it on-line.

See https://www.tee-on.com/ for the Toronto Munis and http://remingtonparkview.com/ for Remington.

I am sure others may suggest other course that accept singles.

Fortunately there are no rules limiting the number of golf balls you can carry during a match!

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post
          Join a club, maybe? Good way to get to meet lots of golfers. Normally attractive membership packages for 30 somethings?
          I'd love to join a club...just hard to get the value out of it with demanding work schedule and travel. Hopefully we will move out of downtown to somewhere with a nice course

Comment

Surprised yo are having a hard time as a single, as others have pointed out there are courses around that do accept bookings.
            The other option that has worked for me in the past, was to call an hour or so before you want to get out, found multiple options that way with courses really happy to fill any cancelled spots.
            Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

I'd love to join a club...just hard to get the value out of it with demanding work schedule and travel. Hopefully we will move out of downtown to somewhere with a nice course
              If you are downtown, look at Lakeview for getting on as a single. Lots of regular golfers and it's pretty easy getting there when traffic isn't heavy.
              pS. I'm off to Austalia myself this week. Melbourne, Tasmania and NZ. You must miss the golf.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! Have to be more proactive I guess...the whole concept of booking a tee time is new, never had to do that at munis at home unless it was a Saturday or Sunday morning
                ​​​​.

As for missing golf at home, Yeh! It's more the seasonal life here that gets me. Winter golfing in aus is totally fine...here? Dome? It's a brave new world.

Comment

Suck up to bigshooter! He plays about a million rounds a year. Buy some raingear...

Comment

Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Suck up to bigshooter! He plays about a million rounds a year. Buy some raingear...
                    And a cart cover and in cart heater.
                    Oh wait he has that stuff already.
                    Last edited by 4underthru9; Sep 4, 2019, 10:58 AM.
                    Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong, because sometime in your life, you will have been all of these. Dr. Robert H. Goddard

Comment

Since everyone is pointing at me.....We'll get you out sometime
                      Every great idea starts out as a blasphemy

Comment

Originally posted by Big Shooter View Post
                        Since everyone is pointing at me.....We'll get you out sometime
                        Beauty - I've played all the munis of the city, as well as a couple of nice courses up around the Collingwood/Wasaga area this summer.

Also have a round at the Devils Pulpit coming up at the end of Sept, looks like a handful.

Comment

Thanks
                          Come east brother ☺.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                          X