/*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked BEGIN*/ /*Scroll to top when arrow up clicked END*/
Collapse

Announcement

No announcement yet.
Collapse

Getting back into the sport

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back into the sport

Hello everyone!

I've been kicking around the idea of getting back into the sport and have recently decided to take the plunge and pick it back up! I have been browsing the internet looking to get started, came across this lovely forum and thought this would be a perfect place to settle in!

I haven't played a round of golf since my teens (12 or 13 years ago) and would still probably consider myself a novice to the game. Only set of clubs I have ever owned was a beaten up set from the thrift store, so this time around I plan on doing it right! Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the near future, and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Oh boy, I don't really know where to start!

Welcome to the Nut Bunch!!
    U. S. Air Force, Retired

Comment

Enjoy the nuts
      Callaway XR16 Accra F 260 M3
      Titleist TS2 16.5*
      Taylormade Rescue 22*

4-PW Callaway Apex CF16 Accra i90
      52* Clevland RTX 4.0
      56* Cleveland RTX 4.0
      Scotty Circa 62 # 7

Comment

Very similar to me. I gave it up around 22 and my son got me back into it at 46. I just bought one of the complete Callaway sets at Costco to start which actually was pretty decent. I have just been adding onto the set piece by piece, driver, wedges, putter, etc as I saw fit. I kept the irons as the core and re-gripped them a couple of years in as I was very happy with them. It was a very cheap way to start back as I wasn't sure it would take. Fortunately it did. Also took a couple of lessons to get the rust off. Glad I did. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MTep View Post
          Hello everyone!

I've been kicking around the idea of getting back into the sport and have recently decided to take the plunge and pick it back up! I have been browsing the internet looking to get started, came across this lovely forum and thought this would be a perfect place to settle in!

I haven't played a round of golf since my teens (12 or 13 years ago) and would still probably consider myself a novice to the game. Only set of clubs I have ever owned was a beaten up set from the thrift store, so this time around I plan on doing it right! Expect to see a lot of questions from me in the near future, and all feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Oh boy, I don't really know where to start!
          Welcome to the forum, good luck with your club buying 😊

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
          X